Trophy Boosting Thread (Read First Post!)

funkyweed

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/news/boosting1.png

Trophy Boosting Thread

What your post should at least include (but not limited to):

1. Your PSN ID
  2. Online trophies you're wanting to boost
  3. Your time zone

To make everyone's life easier during boosting, please ensure you're familiar with the methods used to boost this game before you start.

If the boosting method requires a group to be organized and set up, please keep all discussions and planning in the boosting thread. Please do not create another thread.

Boosting Method:

If you feel that there's a much better and more preferred boosting method for certain online trophies not found in this thread or in the Trophy Guide, please post it in the

Feedback Forums. Please do not post here, as it will be missed.

Useful Links:

Ghostbusters Tips for Gozers Most Wanted, Pay Day and Overachiever:

- Download and print off these checklists:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/ghostbusters/21844-gozers-most-wanted-checklist.html

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/ghostbusters/21338-payday-checklist.html

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/ghostbusters/22123-official-overachiever-requirements.html

- Find a boosting partner.

Gozer's Most Wanted:

Follow this advice from Conceptfly:

I just felt the need to put all of this information in one place, since it took a lot of searching for my boosting partner and I to find it, along with almost two playthroughs online.

There is a great checklist to download on this site to help with which ones to beat, and it is important to complete all events for Gozer's Most Wanted with the following:

1) Do not cross streams enough to knock each other down

2) If someone quits out then the game sees it as a loss, even if it says victory

3) You must win each slime dunk event (not just compete in)

4) You must contain all ghosts (15), survive all rounds (10), destroy all relics (26), win each slime dunk (actually have the most money), have all three PKE's to 100%, and have at least one relic (four is not needed) remaining

5) It does not matter if someone is downed during the victory

6) You do not have to be host

7) You do not have to win (have the most money) on any event other than slime dunk

8) You MUST do ranked Instant maps for Gozer's Most Wanted

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY

9) YOU MUST MAKE SURE THAT YOUR STATS UPDATE BEFORE DOING ANOTHER EVENT

The stats thing is what got us, and numerous others from what we read. You have to check multiplayer statistics and wait until your money and events total have updated (L1 from the most wanted checklist). If you don't Atari's servers for this game will not bother to remember that you played it, and it will not count as a win.

Sometimes it happens within a few seconds, but usually it takes minutes. We had it take up to almost 10 minutes at times. But it is vital for the platinum, which I now proudly own!

Payday:

The only real advice for Payday I can offer is for the Protection mode:

- Choose the Stasis gun as your primary weapon.

- Don't catch and trap the ghosts in the 1st 2 waves else they'll keep spawning and attacking the poles.

- Whilst you're doing the above, make sure you grab ALL the power-ups and keep grabbing them until they turn to Stasis ammo.

- Once the Golem(s) appear in Wave 3, IMMEDIATELY hit it/them with the Stasis gun's secondary fire. Once the Golem(s) is/are frozen, keep pulsing the Stasis gun to keep it/them frozen. When you're almost out of ammo, immediately pick up some more and repeat the freezing process until the final pole is fully extended.

Overachiever:

All I can say for this is to keep trying and follow the above checklist. Each Post-match award counts as a separate award in each of the different game types.

These trophies aren't that hard to get IF the servers play nice and people don't mess around

Edited by BreadSkin

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be getting this on release day, but i'll probably spend about 2-3 days on just doing the single player, getting all the trophies for that. But after a few days, i'll definetly start playing online, and i'm definetly looking for some people to boost with. I also have a mic and would prefer playing with other people with mics, but if you don't have one, it's ok :) So, please add me!

PSN ID: Spikey654

heading to video store in about an hour, if they have it I am renting it, was going to buy but I just made a few game purchases, willing to get these online trophies out the way first and fast we can do em all, hit me up on the PSN, make sure to put ghost in post.

Update just picked it up, lets boost!!!

Edited by ANUBUSNYC

i would not mind some boosting fer the online mode of the game. i just rented it and not due back untill next wensday. i run on MTN time and will be off and on till around 11 or 12 for tonight and tomarrow. friday night and on untill next wensday i will be late night gameing of from 11ish to 4 or 5 in the mornin. hit me up if anyone want's ta boost

PSN: GrimEvil

if no one add's me for this tonight and maybe tomarrow i will add 1 or 2 in hope's of finding someone.

If you want a Protection partner, send me a message and we can do all of the maps, I can't find any good Protection help, everyone leaves their zone on the third and final one. Once again, I'm not looking for a continuous boosting session, but just enough help to win Protection mode for each map on my way to Gozer's MW.

PSN TruSolja