I Call BS On "Professional" Being...Easy

Reaper Cloud

If completing "Ghostbusters on Professional is sooooo easy (as some of you have claimed, of course those posts are 2 years old), then how come not a SINGLE Professional walk through can be found on YouTube?! -_- The game is old, so SOMEONE could have easily made one, or maybe playing on Professional is harder than some of you claim it to be.

I made it to Time Square with no problems. AS SOON as I get there, I'm teamed up with a bunch of Girl Scouts. These girls are on their backs more than a Las Vegas prostitute during Super Bowl weekend. Seriously. When the three ghosts show up, I can't count to 15 before one of my so-called "Expert Ghostbusters" is flat on their worthless back. So what happens?

1. I have to play nursemaid to them, only to spend time healing (and none for fighting), until I am hit and knocked down myself.

Side note- These ghosts throw bottles at you, that will one-hit knock you down...so you have to move around like a retard all the time. Even that won't help you sometimes, since the computer will hit you no matter what! I tested this, and was at the beginning of the level (with a statue between me and a ghost), and a ghost...who was FAR away from me, threw a bottle and it went through the statue (apparently) and nailed me. I was knocked out, and since my Girl Scouts by this time were also on their backs, it was game over.

2. I play the role as the ONLY expert Ghostbuster, and trap the ghosts. AS SOON as I ignore my two downed Girl Scouts...I am hit ONCE and knocked out. Apparently this is punishment from ignoring my Girls cries for assistance.

Side note- I had one of the Ghostbusters get KNOCKED DOWN from a mini marshmallow creature! I have also watched the two take up to 10 seconds to destroy just ONE of these little creatures...yes, they both were attacking only one of them. -_- So who's the rookie here?

3. I just love how you get a ghost weakened down...just for them to take off AWAY from the Ecto-1. You know, the place where you HAVE to capture them at.

Side note- I also find it SO FUNNY that the game tells you (in the Hotel level) to "Find shelter" when you are injured. LMFAO! What a fucking joke this is! These levels HAVE no shelter! You run away and they just follow you! I ran to the end of the first part in Time Square, just to have a ghost show up (a saw some of it from the corner of the building that it was hiding around) and one-hit kill me with its "Bottle of Death."

I can aim just fine, and in the first Hotel level...it was I who was doing all of the capturing. The Girls were too busy lying around, or taking WAY too long to capture a single ghost. "Professional" basically means playing the game solo...while being hindered by one-hit ghosts who will kill you, and having to possibly waste time healing your Girl Scouts.

Unless I see a video on YouTube showing how "Easy" Professional mode is...I won't believe it. Not even "God of War" is this brutal with the one-hit kills on its hardest setting. If I ever see another game made by Atari, I will castrate myself before I purchase it. -_-

Edited by Reaper Cloud

I had a tough time getting through the Times Square level on Professional difficulty as well. I feel your pain because the same nonsense happened to me in that particular level too.

The only thing that I can suggest is to keep at it, stay patient, & with a little luck you'll finish the level. If it gets too frustrating for you maybe you should just call it quits. Games are meant to be fun after all.

Edited by vegetollo7

I tried Times Square again a few times and it continued to be an absolute joke...so I deleted the game save and started all over again. This time, I was able to get by it, simply because the ghosts were not on "Extreme Professional", but instead were just on "Professional." It still took a few times, but it wasn't nearly as difficult. So far the rest has been easy. I only died once with Azetlor, since I didn't move back to the farthest portal. That one was my stupid mistake.

I'm guessing that my game (or my skills at gaming) either differ from others, or that my Times Square level was harder than others, or my Azetlor battle was easier compared to others. Either way, we'll see how the rest of the game plays out.

I did find it SO humorous to see myself knocked down, while Peter (I believe) ran by just to STAND near me...and wait for himself to be knocked down as well. I wasn't near anything to block him, nor was I surrounded by creatures/ghosts. Peter ALWAYS get hurt while I play, and in my opinion...he is the lamest of the group. He never does anything. Now, if these ghosts were all females...then that would change.

I also know the trick for the fucking annoying Stone Angels, so they won't give me any trouble this time. :)

EDIT:

Well, I made it to the cemetery before ending my gaming for the night. Several areas I left the Girl Scouts on their backs while I cleaned house. Civil War exhibit, pretty much the whole Museum while I think about it, the Kitchen in the Hotel. The final bosses for these levels have been just as easy on Normal...or maybe even easier. The Spider Woman was a piece of cake. I was expecting her to knock down Egon every time she showed up, but that never happened. AND I SWEAR, that EVERY time I have Peter on the team, he goes down faster than...nah, I won't do another prostitute joke. ;)

So one final level to go and then this ridiculous trophy will be done with. If it wasn't for that glitched up Times Square encounter that I had, this wouldn't be so bad. Once you've adjusted your thinking to either "I need to do it all, and leave the Girls on their backs," or "I just need to heal them and get through this together."

Edited by Reaper Cloud
Completed more levels

So...am I a God? You bet your ass I am. :)

I have completed this game on Professional, and besides the Times Square glitch that I ran into...the only real problem that I came in contact with was the final half of the Cemetery.

The one area where you have to scan the wall to make the huge creature come out was annoying. Good old Ray and his suicidal "Let's attack a huge group right in their face!" was just getting him knocked down and of course if I ran into that area right away, it was game over. So eventually after spreading the ghosts around and taking down over 3/4 of the enemies...I was on my way towards the stone angels.

I tried to take them down via slamming with the Proton Stream...but that wasn't working. So my next attempt was doing it by just running back and forth in front of the gate while destroying the coffin demons that Ray just couldn't handle taking down on his own. I didn't think that it was working, since the faces were still glowing...but all of a sudden the faces were dark and the gate was down. Nice. :)

Then, the part with the two large Key demons was a real treat. Having to heal the Girl Scouts a LOT, and then having the capture the ghosts AND taking down the Key demons, while pulling the keys over too. I thought that the worst was behind me, but I was wrong. As soon as we fought the final boss, I honestly spent about 5 full minutes doing nothing but reviving Girl Scouts. They were in two areas, and once the first two went down, I ran to revive them. Sure enough, the other two went down. Back and forth we went until the Girls managed to stay upright for a whole 10 seconds. Long enough to destroy one crystal, and then guess what? More knocking down and reviving.

The final stage with the Boss was here now. More reviving, and when the statues were up to recharge the Boss...guess who was the only one destroying them? So when one Ghostbuster is taking out statues, instead of ALL FIVE of us, it takes quite a while. Eventually, the Boss went down, the Trophy popped, and I was finally done with this nightmare.

So, for anyone who tries this game on Professional, and a certain level seems super hard...try deleting the save and trying again. It worked for me. Unless you're on the final level. Then you just have to get used to being a nursemaid to a bunch of little girls. lol

Ha, that was a good read. :)

I too had a bit of annoyance at that segment. I didn't die, thankfully, but my two partners WERE going down more than a Las Vegas prostitute (LMAO).

I'm currently at the Library, where I've been attacked by the speedy blue aura book creatures that run fast and slash at you. Easily my most hated creatures in this game, until I get to some of the boss battles. :p

Which Ghostbuster on your team goes down the most? Also, if you get stuck with the Chairman...this is how I did it. It took a while though, but I still won without having to redo anything.

Just focus on using your slime to seal off the four portals once they open. Also, when the Chairman does his attack that knocks almost everyone down...use the large statue in the middle as a shield from the attack. Keep the Girl Scouts on their feet, and using your most powerful weapon (the last one that gets unlocked...I never remember the name, lol) on the Chairman will save you some time.

thinking about it my current play thru on Professional, I trip out on the "Race to the Roof" checkpoint. I had already got past it and beat Stay Puft but I had completely forgot about the "Rough House" trophy. the crazy thing is that when I wasnt trying to get the trophy, I got past that room without much trouble. But when I went back via mission select to get it, It was Hard as hell!! Maybe it was me or maybe it was the fact that it was 3:45 am and I was fighting thru an area I had already gotten past... I'm just glad after a good 30 mins of frustration I was able to get past thos mini mutts and blew the room to shit just to get that trophy :dance:

Which Ghostbuster on your team goes down the most? Also, if you get stuck with the Chairman...this is how I did it. It took a while though, but I still won without having to redo anything.

Just focus on using your slime to seal off the four portals once they open. Also, when the Chairman does his attack that knocks almost everyone down...use the large statue in the middle as a shield from the attack. Keep the Girl Scouts on their feet, and using your most powerful weapon (the last one that gets unlocked...I never remember the name, lol) on the Chairman will save you some time.

when the Chairman does this one attack and summons these 6-7 orbes, I do run behind the large statue in the center for cover. It is a bitch to revive and slime those portals all while fighting off these little shits that jump out from the portals... I plan on giving it another shot tonight.... I'm gunning for the (P) :D

• 2 weeks later...

16 days after my rant about Professional, I have managed to get the Platinum for this game. Gozer's acted just as it should have, and popped after I completed the 48th job. I was shocked, since I am never this lucky.

It was quite a ride...but it isn't over. I still need to help my buddy get her Platinum, and FiftyQuid needs to get his as well.

I finally finished my play through on Professional and I gotta say I had a harder time with the Key-Head Monsters than what I did with the Final Boss. So in short, the Professional difficulty is "Not a walk in the park". Now I just need to do another play through to get the "Nice shootin Tex"... wish me luck!

"Nice shootin Tex" is easy. Your main focus is getting through the streets of Times Square without shooting a single car. If you can keep your damage BELOW what I have posted for the sections, you'll have it made.

Firehouse: $3,000

Hotel: $ 30,000

Times Square: $25,000

Library: $18,000

Museum: $18,000

Hotel Again: $3,000

Also, once you have Single player done...will you be going after the online trophies? If so, I might be able to help out with whatever levels you need done. I still have to help out my two friends in the next few days, so let me know if you plan on doing them soon.

Edited by Reaper Cloud

• 4 weeks later...
Which Ghostbuster on your team goes down the most?

It's probably a tie between Ray or Egon... from what I remember, anyway. It has been well over a year and a half since I wrapped up all of the single player business in this game.

Still need a few more online trophies for the platinum, though... currently stuck at 95% trophy completion.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What Terminator said. I was going insanse with that fight until I found out about this strategy which makes the fight with him rather easy.

Still I totally agree that this game is not a walk in the park on Professional. I hated the world so often when I did that playthrough (that it was my very first playthrough didn't help either^^).