XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > G (PS3) > Ghostbusters

Old 03-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #21 (permalink)

Professional difficulty is insane. Azetlor is kicking my ass. Cod World at War was not this hard for me. I rage quit last night and went to beat zombie brains on Banoi.

I'm going to go look up strategies to beat Azetlor now...

Favourite Platinums: Call of Duty: MW3, Black Ops, MW2, World at War & Classic; Arkham Asylum & City; Dead Island; Dead Rising 2; Resident Evil 5; The Walking Dead, Borderlands 1 & 2; LittleBigPlanet 1 & 2; Naughty Bear.

toolshed181st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:34 PM   #22 (permalink)
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Gold  Road Map Submitter   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Gold   Maximum Clubs Top 5   25,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Silver Submission   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Staff - Guide Team   Helping Hand   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

Azetlor's easy, just ignore your A.I partners, duck in-and-out of the Portals in each corner whilst firing at his head.
I DON'T Save File/Account Share/Sell any part of my account nor do Trophies for people. If you wish to play with me then do not use hacked characters, items, servers or lobbies as I run a clean game. No blank Friend Requests please as they will be deleted.

Credit to prozendaal for the Legofied avatar.

Want to write a Guide and/or Guide Supplement? Then see the threads here: Guide Central. Guide co-op partners can be found here: Collaboration group

MY MAINTAINED THREADS
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:57 AM   #23 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

What Terminator said. I was going insanse with that fight until I found out about this strategy which makes the fight with him rather easy.

Still I totally agree that this game is not a walk in the park on Professional. I hated the world so often when I did that playthrough (that it was my very first playthrough didn't help either^^).

Ivotas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 02:01 AM   #24 (permalink)

I haven't tried it on Professional yet, but I know I'm gonna have trouble with it, especially on some parts that took me awhile on normal mode.
DaltonioSpidey94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 02:41 AM   #25 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Joriblue

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3GAT1VE_CR33P View Post
I still think unlocking online trophies in Ghostbusters is much more frustrating than anything I encountered during a playthrough of Uncharted on its "crushing" difficulty.
All I have left are the online's, I agree with you 100% I would much rather play Uncharted crushing then deal with the GB online.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:35 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper Cloud View Post
If completing "Ghostbusters on Professional is sooooo easy (as some of you have claimed, of course those posts are 2 years old), then how come not a SINGLE Professional walk through can be found on YouTube?! -_- The game is old, so SOMEONE could have easily made one, or maybe playing on Professional is harder than some of you claim it to be.

I made it to Time Square with no problems. AS SOON as I get there, I'm teamed up with a bunch of Girl Scouts. These girls are on their backs more than a Las Vegas prostitute during Super Bowl weekend. Seriously. When the three ghosts show up, I can't count to 15 before one of my so-called "Expert Ghostbusters" is flat on their worthless back. So what happens?

1. I have to play nursemaid to them, only to spend time healing (and none for fighting), until I am hit and knocked down myself.

Side note- These ghosts throw bottles at you, that will one-hit knock you down...so you have to move around like a retard all the time. Even that won't help you sometimes, since the computer will hit you no matter what! I tested this, and was at the beginning of the level (with a statue between me and a ghost), and a ghost...who was FAR away from me, threw a bottle and it went through the statue (apparently) and nailed me. I was knocked out, and since my Girl Scouts by this time were also on their backs, it was game over.

2. I play the role as the ONLY expert Ghostbuster, and trap the ghosts. AS SOON as I ignore my two downed Girl Scouts...I am hit ONCE and knocked out. Apparently this is punishment from ignoring my Girls cries for assistance.

Side note- I had one of the Ghostbusters get KNOCKED DOWN from a mini marshmallow creature! I have also watched the two take up to 10 seconds to destroy just ONE of these little creatures...yes, they both were attacking only one of them. -_- So who's the rookie here?

3. I just love how you get a ghost weakened down...just for them to take off AWAY from the Ecto-1. You know, the place where you HAVE to capture them at.

Side note- I also find it SO FUNNY that the game tells you (in the Hotel level) to "Find shelter" when you are injured. LMFAO! What a fucking joke this is! These levels HAVE no shelter! You run away and they just follow you! I ran to the end of the first part in Time Square, just to have a ghost show up (a saw some of it from the corner of the building that it was hiding around) and one-hit kill me with its "Bottle of Death."

I can aim just fine, and in the first Hotel level...it was I who was doing all of the capturing. The Girls were too busy lying around, or taking WAY too long to capture a single ghost. "Professional" basically means playing the game solo...while being hindered by one-hit ghosts who will kill you, and having to possibly waste time healing your Girl Scouts.

Unless I see a video on YouTube showing how "Easy" Professional mode is...I won't believe it. Not even "God of War" is this brutal with the one-hit kills on its hardest setting. If I ever see another game made by Atari, I will castrate myself before I purchase it. -_-
Quality rant!

I am going through exactly the same issues with time square on professional. Any tips/tricks welcomed!
Old 03-29-2012, 07:18 AM   #27 (permalink)

Hurrah, after what seemed like 150 attempts I got past those damn hobo ghosts, rest of the level was a dawdle.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:38 AM   #28 (permalink)

I've got this game on PS3, and am going to be starting in on it here shortly.... as soon as I finish collecting feathers and getting Platinum on Assassin's Creed 2.

I got the "Are You a God?" achievement on Xbox 360 (gamertag: Agent 7k), and it was very, very simple. It only took a few hours. Maybe they patched it, or maybe it doesn't work on PS3, but here's how I did it:

-Beat game on easy/normal first, so that you can load up any chapter that you want.
-Beat the first chapter of a level
-Quit
-Beat the final boss of that level
-continue on to next level
-beat that first chapter
-Quit
-skip to boss of that level
-beat the boss, continue on, beat first chapter of..... well, you see the pattern here

Sorry if I'm overlooking anything, or I'm slightly off in my description, as I did this on X360 back when this was first released a few years ago. Again, it might've been a Xbox thing, and maybe it never worked on PS3. Maybe it's patched.

After I finish the game on easy, though, you damn well better believe I'm going to try this method, again......

EDIT: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=158947

Last edited by AceBD; 04-02-2012 at 06:14 AM.
AceBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:00 AM   #29 (permalink)
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Gold  Road Map Submitter   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Gold   Maximum Clubs Top 5   25,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Silver Submission   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Staff - Guide Team   Helping Hand   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

If I remember right that method was inconsistent on the PS3 and sometimes didn't work .
I DON'T Save File/Account Share/Sell any part of my account nor do Trophies for people. If you wish to play with me then do not use hacked characters, items, servers or lobbies as I run a clean game. No blank Friend Requests please as they will be deleted.

Credit to prozendaal for the Legofied avatar.

Want to write a Guide and/or Guide Supplement? Then see the threads here: Guide Central. Guide co-op partners can be found here: Collaboration group

MY MAINTAINED THREADS
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:40 PM   #30 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joriblue View Post
All I have left are the online's, I agree with you 100% I would much rather play Uncharted crushing then deal with the GB online.
I actually liked the online because except for Slime Dunk all the other modes are co-op modes rather than competative modes. And if you have decent players to join you it can be fun. What really sucks though is the poor matchmaking mechanics and the ridiculous wait for progress to register. But if you play witht he guys from the boosting threads it can be a blast. At least for me it was like this.

Ivotas is offline   Reply With Quote