Is this game worth getting?

I think only die hard fans of the series should get this game. I would give it a 4/10 and I'm a huge Ghostbusters fan. I don't mind the lack of the original team or the voice overs but the game felt too short and repetitive to give it anything higher. A knock off of Alien Swarm.

I feel like saying " I don't like it!" in the style of Little Britain!

Had an open mind about it but the lack of GB team involvement (original cast)

all the cool GB music that made the first game feel like the movies and a rubbish top down view (The other one was fine!)

Sorry but they lost me from the theme song, no Ray Parker JNR??

It's an official game, what the??

Now lets have another proper game or at least an add on for the original

(New levels, multiplayer missions, new trophies?)

C'mon Atari!!

"The Flowers are still standing!"

I feel like saying " I don't like it!" in the style of Little Britain!

Had an open mind about it but the lack of GB team involvement (original cast)

all the cool GB music that made the first game feel like the movies and a rubbish top down view (The other one was fine!)

Sorry but they lost me from the theme song, no Ray Parker JNR??

It's an official game, what the??

Now lets have another proper game or at least an add on for the original

(New levels, multiplayer missions, new trophies?)

C'mon Atari!!

"The Flowers are still standing!"

it does have the ray parker jr theme song, it's just the instrumental version, which was still RPJ.

Overall though this game sucks, i am a big gb fan aswell and this game is a huge disappointment, it feels and looks like the work experience boy made it in a week

The graphics are awful (not surprising as the game is only 276meg or so) the characters aren't likeable at all, there are no voiceovers from original team or the new team, the parts of the story where you see the original cast seem to be all screwed up.. peter looks more like ray and so on, the music and gameplay is very repetitive, and the ai is retarded.

Personal favourite (tongue firmly in cheek) moment of this game was in the first sewer section when the remaining AI, instead of reviving the 3 fallen team mates, or even 1, decided to fight the ghosts, instead of fighting the big main monster it instead chose to fight a smaller (blue) monster with the yellow weapon, when the AI realised this wasnt working it ran into a corner and had a fight with the wall instead...... GAME OVER...... yeah thanks for that AI

Overall a terrible terrible game, and worth no more then £2.99 at best the £7+ price it's currently at is a HUGE rip off, and you would be using the money for better if you went outside and set fire to it

it does have the ray parker jr theme song, it's just the instrumental version, which was still RPJ.

Overall though this game sucks, i am a big gb fan aswell and this game is a huge disappointment, it feels and looks like the work experience boy made it in a week

The graphics are awful (not surprising as the game is only 276meg or so) the characters aren't likeable at all, there are no voiceovers from original team or the new team, the parts of the story where you see the original cast seem to be all screwed up.. peter looks more like ray and so on, the music and gameplay is very repetitive, and the ai is retarded.

Personal favourite (tongue firmly in cheek) moment of this game was in the first sewer section when the remaining AI, instead of reviving the 3 fallen team mates, or even 1, decided to fight the ghosts, instead of fighting the big main monster it instead chose to fight a smaller (blue) monster with the yellow weapon, when the AI realised this wasnt working it ran into a corner and had a fight with the wall instead...... GAME OVER...... yeah thanks for that AI

Overall a terrible terrible game, and worth no more then £2.99 at best the £7+ price it's currently at is a HUGE rip off, and you would be using the money for better if you went outside and set fire to it

Yeah but it is a PSN title and a lot of game for the money. I mean I have purchased quite a few PSN games lately and they are not as much game as this. Its a top down shooter too with cartoon cutscenes so I guess I didn't expect a bunch of great story and voice overs.

Yeah but it is a PSN title and a lot of game for the money. I mean I have purchased quite a few PSN games lately and they are not as much game as this. Its a top down shooter too with cartoon cutscenes so I guess I didn't expect a bunch of great story and voice overs.

I have downloaded well over 100 psn titles and at least 3/4 were miles better then this which was just garbage

personally, I think this game is awful. Everytime me and my buddy played it we were just like, "wow this is it?". Worth maybe $4.99. But for $10 you will be much happier buying a twin-stick shooter like Dead Nation, which was wayyyy better. Even one of the Alien Breed games have more to offer than this.

Got around to playing a couple levels of this over the weekend. Not great but not a terrible game either. I had some trouble finding people online to play with, and when I did they would all disconnect from the game as soon as we finished a level. I think 10 bucks is a little steep for it but at least it wasn't $15.

Edit: Ok, fuck this game. I couldn't find an online game last night so I started on level 3 in single player. Got to the room where the big ghost lays yellow slime trails across the floor and charges at you all the time. I must've tried it 10 freaking times, every time the AI guys would just stand there and let the ghost run right into them and kill them instantly. I might just cut my losses with this game.

Edit2: Ok so I got past that part and the next level. Got the 75% Ecto trophy last night with the help of a few people, on our 3rd or 4th try after the first car section all the enemies glitched and stopped coming after us so it made it pretty easy. This game is pretty bad though, still wish I wouldn't have bought it.

Edit3: Got all the trophies last week, couldn't delete this game fast enough.

Edited by kdrcraig

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
It's a disgrace to the Ghostbusters name.

Played the demo this game is not for me, i didn't like it at all.

I agree with both of you. I played the demo and don't even think that I finished it. This game was such a huge disappointment to me and didn't hardly keep my attention for more than a few minutes. I really, really enjoyed the full game and was hoping that this would be enjoyable, although I figured that it wouldn't be nearly as good, but this is a disgrace.

I'd be surprised if the developers even break even on it.

• 1 month later...

Dont bother, this game has got to have one of the most stupid made Ai's of all time, i made it to level 3 and i quit due to the stupid Ai's running into the ungly slim freak in the sewers.

i feal sorry for the Ghostbusters fan that had to play this garbage, i'm not touching this crap again unless i find someone online :mad::mad:

• 2 months later...

Maybe I'm too kind...but I really liked the game...I mean, I guess I shouldn't say "really" liked it...but I mean, it was enjoyable. The trophies were easy and the co-op made it pretty good. As a Ghostbusters title, it satisfied the bustin' needs. I was slightly annoyed of the characters, but oh well. The original price of $15 was bad, and $10 is no better...if it was $5-$7 it would be worth a pick up. I went in this game not expecting much, maybe that's why I wasn't as disappointed as a lot of other people.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...