What do you think about this game?

Jans

I don´t think that to many will actually play this. myself are training in a gym 5 times a week and loving it, BUT i hate the cardio part. And to actually get trophies for it is imo awsome and i get more motivated.

What does the few (i guess) that´s actually played it and maybe gonna keep doing it think about it? here are some quick thought from me:

Under a period of time i played the pc game "yourself fitness" (on xbox aswell) to get myself to do som cardio, cause like i said, I HATE CARDIO (running etc.). It was way better than running, and the small things that you could unlock more places to be at and other musicgenres to play kept me going... for a while. For most of the time the workout was the same every time i played (3 times a week on regular bases).

I was very excited when a couple of fitness game was annonced (biggest looser, mel b and ea´s title) and Mel B was the first one out so i had to give it a try. You are gonna need alot of space to play this. (at least 3.5 metres) I have to move my bed everytime i play (every day;) ). But when you actually do sync yourself into the shape on the screen it works wonders and youre gonna have a hard time cheating. Yes, you can move yourself and the move in easier ways and make it to count as a rep, but youre score will be very low.

I think this gameplay will hold for a while, there are a few different workouts, from dancing and "kickboxing" to regular arobics. And the biggest reason that keeps me going is the TROPHIES! Like in yourself fitness there where so few and they all sucked, and now there are a bunch of them. And on the way to the platinum i can gurantee that you will change your body (in my case the trophies are a plus besides that i transform my body, some of you maybe will think the other way around:P).

There are bad things about this game aswell of course. First one, like i mention, you gonna need alot of space if you want it to work properly. Second, maybe it´s just my tv but Mel are´nt moving to the music:P i have a hard time to decide if im gonna concentrate on Mel and time my movements to her, or if i should listen to the music. Don´t really have a answer yet^^. It maybe sounds weird but i think She´s boring. I now youre playing to workout but shes standing there, looking sad and says the same words all over again without energi. i want her to scream on me haha.

So what do you guy´s think about "get fit with mel b"?.

Hope that most of the text is understadeble, english isn´t my strongest side. // Swedish guy:)

Personally, I love it. It's a great tool to help people who aren't active get active, and it tailors to you so it'll make it easier or harder. Not to mention, it's kinda nice to get some trophies for working out! =P I love Mel B, and the Spice Girls, so I was bound to get it anyways, but was surprised at how well done it really was.

It works well though, so if you're looking to do some cardio, it can be kinda fun to do with Mel!

• 10 months later...

I really like the game - although its obviously not like a game. It I did a 30 minute cardio work out the other day and my legs are still hurting from all the jogging on the spot and stretches. It gives a good work out I think - I havent got any other exercise games but since buying this one I might go for a couple more. Only downside I find it having the room infront of the tv to move side to side and do pressups - I have to stand off to one side to get enough space. I suggest getting (like i have) some wrist weights and an aerobic step as then you will really feel the burn!

this is my favorite game and the only game that i play & uploads its save file , i platinum it & got all benefits from it

personally i stayed in the gym for 7 years & couldnt reduce my weight from 78kg while doing everything from equipment-swimming-fitnness-aerobic exercises, now or should i say after i got married i dont have time to go out to the gym as my job became more demanding time from me

so i decided to see what game fitness can help me, i tried alot from the wii but really nothing, so i was excited about this game on ps3, this game just 6 month & my weight is 73Kg , currently 75 now as i went all berserk about pizza & mac last july (before my exams)

i am happy & i wish for a sequel to improve things in the game or atleast a patch update

Edited by D_E

I have this game as well as EA Sports Active 2.0

In generally, I find the exercises harder in Mel B, but both games leave me out of breath at the end, which is a good thing. It's not the only exercise I do - I also go running, so my general cardio isn't too bad. I found the Cardio easy in Mel B; the advanced Cardio was also pretty easy. But again, being a runner makes all the difference.

• 8 months later...

I also have EA Active2 along with this. My problem with Mel B is that it is a move game and I guess, due to the size of my room I cannot stand far enough away from the eyetoy for it to recognize all of my movements therefore I don't get credit for doing stuff and can't advance in the game. on Active2 I don't have a problem with it at all.

My problem with Mel B is that it is a move game and I guess, due to the size of my room I cannot stand far enough away from the eyetoy for it to recognize all of my movements therefore I don't get credit for doing stuff and can't advance in the game.

Had the same problem, but wearing clothes that clearly set me apart from the background seemed to help. As others have pointed out already, the European version lets you use a Dualshock controller and the honour system.

• 2 months later...

if you like to keep fit and sweat it's a good game.

Personally it's pure sh*t :)

Only 353 out of 1,756 (20.1%) players have earned this trophy. C'mon...nobody played it.

I played only for the platinum

Next will be...Striptease with Mel B

Edited by Bodycount

• 5 months later...