The new Hanna Montana?

AUSPUFF

No, definitely not. It's not easy to get trophies. Unless you want to workout for hours upon hours, you'll likely not get this platinum for a long time. During your first workout you'll get a few, but you won't be getting the platinum for quite some time. You need to do (to completion) 20 of each type of workout, which go for 30 minutes each. So no, it won't be another Hannah Montana platinum.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In all fairness I don't know a blessed thing about this game. But I don't see any shame in people trying to get fit; even if it is through a silly video game. At least this is more actually productive than playing Hannah Montana is in the sense that you'll at least break a sweat and lose some calories.

This seems like a really, really strange choice on something to play "Just to Plat" though.

In all fairness I don't know a blessed thing about this game. But I don't see any shame in people trying to get fit; even if it is through a silly video game. At least this is more actually productive than playing Hannah Montana is in the sense that you'll at least break a sweat and lose some calories.

This seems like a really, really strange choice on something to play "Just to Plat" though.

Maybe it allows girls to finally plat a game? (I'm kidding!!)

That's more in the sense of what I had in mind when I wrote this topic! :)

As far as Hanna is concerned, I Had to play it! :applause: It was a win/loose, take one for The Team decision in TSL 1. Without the points from that game, that both me and my teammates got as a total, the outcome would've been different! No regrets, was just a funny feeling, getting spammed with PSN mail of the OMG! :shock: kind. :)

• 4 weeks later...

My Mrs has had this game for 3 days and has got 11 trophies so far on her workouts. I havnt actually played it on my account yet, but i must admit that each time she plays it i am itching to give it a go, it looks good and i could probably do with a lil toning up, so it seems like its some free trophies for keeping fit (im not expecting a platinum). I dont see any shame in having it on my trophy list, the game is sponsored by Fitness First, a very reputable Gym. All those seeking an easy Hanna Montana type Platinum need to re-think and actually play this game for what it is ... A keep fit game, if you plat it well done thats a bonus, but do it for the right reasons!!!

I have to confess, I am tempted by this, (it's only £20 new!) but also because of the whole trophies for working out. It would give me more motivation to play than something like Wii Fit because I would want to get the platinum on it.

The reservation I have is that it doesn't actually do anything, the back of the box doesn't offer much explanation as to what type of workouts you'll do and how you'll do them.

King_Ubu

Ive actually had a go of it now and if you want a game to help you get fit and get trophies for doing so, then i recommend it. You basically can select a workout that reflects what you want to achieve. Theres too many categories to choose, but you can choose any two at one time and change whenever possible. Mel B will suggest a workout each day, which basically means a series of exercises. It could be press-ups, followed by squats, crunches, sit-ups, stretches etc. Again theres too many to list, these are both floor and standing and you basically have to try and copy them in time with Mel B, sort of like the Wii Fit, but at least theres a real person to follow. You can also select a different workout than the one Mel B chooses and create your own one, there's also a truck load of food selections, and with foods you can actually relate too, rather than stuff you dont even know what it is lol. It contains all ingredients and method to cook/prepare. Definately worth £20, its cheaper than the gym, earns you trophies and in the end if you think its no good, or not doing anything for you anymore then you can sell it or loan it to a family member, bonus!!!

Hope that helps.

• 6 months later...

I just picked up this game and had no idea Mel B = Melanie Brown = Scary Spice until I saw this thread and googled her. Since I don't watch datyime TV, I just assumed Mel B was some hot new fitness guru I never heard of.

To avoid this game because of Mel B's stint with the Spice Girls would be no different than avoiding a Mark Wahlberg action flick because of his early pop music career. Oh wait, maybe it is different because Melanie Brown is *gasp* a girl. Eww! Get out the cootie spray before this game infects my entire trophy list. :p

To me it's all the same. If I'm going to have to work out anyway, may as well rack up some trophies in the process.

By the way, seeing Mel B every morning is way better than those stiff avatars in EA Sports Active 2, though I was more of a Ginger Spice kind of guy back in the day.

Edited by Satnamji

By the way, seeing Mel B every morning is way better than those stiff avatars in EA Sports Active 2, though I was more of a Ginger Spice kind of guy back in the day.

LOL, I wasn't keen on any of them - I particularly disliked Posh (don't like her nose) and Baby (looks like a piggy). But otherwise, never had huge issues with Scary, Sporty, or Ginger.

This game gets my cardio going, so I've no issues earning trophies while working out. I still wonder why people think it's somehow 'wrong' to earn trophies while working out, but not while playing say a simulated game of soccer, golf, shooting people with guns, etc.

I haven't play Hannah Montana but I hear it's rubbish game with easy, quick trophies. This is an exercise game with long and much harder trophies. I think it was a bit thoughtless to have asked whether it was the next Hannah Montana game as I thought you had meant trophy wise, but I see you mean from an embarrassing point of view.

If you played it you would know it's just a great exercise game and no one should be embarrassed by it at all as it makes you workout and earn trophies like a game and even the odd occasion of swearing at the TV when your movements weren't tracked :p I think a platinum in this game would be a great achievement.

• 4 months later...

I got this game NEW for 3.89GBP, with 1GBP in shipping from another country! lol

The USA version of this game got to be one of the hardest games to plat, but the EU version got to be one of the easiest games (if not the easiest) to plat, and the funny thing is, they don't stack! I of course got the EU version.

Both games takes a long time to platinum. I think EU version is around 50 hours, and the USA version is around 100 hours.

In the EU version, you only need to use 3 buttons :up:, :down: and :cross:. That's all. You don't need to work out either, just sit there and watch the screen while you get fatter. You only need to pick to do the work out sessions and then she will ask you after each exercise how well you did, and you of course tell her you're pretty much perfect. ;) That's all there is, if you want to work out, sure, do that as well. :)

This is not the new HM, even though the EU version is easier than HM, then this game takes about 10 times as long to platinum.

Edited by MMDE

• 5 months later...

I have played this fitness game (which I don't like due to crappy PS Move) and EA Active2. I started out at 320 pounds and am down to 233. Call me crazy but I could argue in one aspect that these are the best games in the world instead of comparing them to Hannah Montana. But with that said, Mel B sucks, due to horrible PS Move not picking up my movements and giving me credit for completing tasks.

I have played this fitness game (which I don't like due to crappy PS Move) and EA Active2. I started out at 320 pounds and am down to 233. Call me crazy but I could argue in one aspect that these are the best games in the world instead of comparing them to Hannah Montana. But with that said, Mel B sucks, due to horrible PS Move not picking up my movements and giving me credit for completing tasks.

Get the EU version, and you can do as she says and tell her how well you actually did, instead of letting the move or eye try to judge you.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Although I haven't looked much into this game, I am honestly looking for a fitness game with trophies.

My logic is if I can get a workout game that has trophies I'll be more likely to do my workouts. Doing 1000 pushups for a trophy (EA sports) I'll do them as fast as possible. Do I gain the psychical benefits of doing 1000 pushups, absolutely, do I get the nice shiny trophy for my collection, absolutely.

The logic works, its just a matter of finding a game that works well. EA sports is a joke and half the activities don't work (as well, the online is closed). So if Get Fit with Mel B works, I'm all in. Yes, I probably won't play it when people are around, as I don't like to workout around people as it is. But no shame will come from playing it. Even if my other trophy/achievement hunting buddies make fun of me, I'll flex, or tell them the weight I lost and they're smiles will slowly fade away.

So no, I don't think shame will come from this game and god bless anyone who wants to get fit, even if it takes a game to do it.

Edited by Nameless600

As others have said, the NA version of the game is definitely not as easy as Hannah Montana. You really have to work hard at it for an extended period of time.

For me personally, the hardest part is just getting the game to sometimes recognize my movements properly. I absolutely hate the fact that you have to keep pace with Mel B. Sometimes I want to go at a pace that is just a little bit slower or faster for a better workout, but then it doesn't register right. The room where I play is also smaller than the space needed to really play this game, so I am always too close to the camera, which also doesn't help at all. Overall, I doubt if I'll ever complete this platinum. But, the game does give me a good workout(for the most part), which is what I bought it for.