Why?

dirtymonkey_666

Just because YOU don't want to workout doesn't mean others won't. It flat out gives you trophies for continuing to workout, and for doing well at it. It's not going to be easy to platinum, but it should push you to keep doing it. If you don't like it, don't get it. If you just want to play with controllers, you definitely DON'T want this game. You have to exercise at least 30 minutes each day.

why whould you wanna work out for a plat? thats your fingers job, not your whole body... stupid game

Sounds to me someone just like's sticking to their Couch :thumbsdown:

To be honest, When I get my Move, I do plan on picking this game up. I think it's great, working out 30 mins a day. I'm just tired of sitting and gaming. I want something different.

But What I don't understand is why make a thread bashing something others might enjoy?

What game do you enjoy? Oh it's Stupid..

This thread is Stupid/

typical. u dont understand it so u must automatically hate it. some people do enjoy staying in shape or getting into shape.

ill probably pick this game up when i get move controllers. ive been looking for a different workout then the one im using right now. ill try this one, even if i dont like it ill get a platinum out of it so its win win in my book.

I want this because it definitely is different. I'm sure there are some people in the world who find excuses to avoid the gym, yet can spend 10 hours straight sitting in front of their tv, munching on snacks as they try to plat a game. This to me is a unique alternative to the situation. I doubt it will help a person loose 20+ pounds or change a person's routine, but I can see how it can help in motivating someone to at least try or to push themselves further, past the MOVE enabled camera, and into an actual gym.

The only thing that I'll find really sad yet laughable are the people who will try to find cheats and exploits in the game just to avoid exercising. "Omg guys, you don't have to do 1,000 push ups! Just wave your hand back and forth and it thinks you're doing a full set!!!!" That will be a full face palm moment for me. :p

I want this because it definitely is different. I'm sure there are some people in the world who find excuses to avoid the gym, yet can spend 10 hours straight sitting in front of their tv, munching on snacks as they try to plat a game. This to me is a unique alternative to the situation. I doubt it will help a person loose 20+ pounds or change a person's routine, but I can see how it can help in motivating someone to at least try or to push themselves further, past the MOVE enabled camera, and into an actual gym.

The only thing that I'll find really sad yet laughable are the people who will try to find cheats and exploits in the game just to avoid exercising. "Omg guys, you don't have to do 1,000 push ups! Just wave your hand back and forth and it thinks you're doing a full set!!!!" That will be a full face palm moment for me. :p

I have yet to find any tricks to doing that. It tracks you using the camera and the Move controller, so it's not gonna be easy for anyone to find an exploit to do such a thing. Which I think is great, it means this'll be a scarce Platinum!

I'm secretly considering getting Move just so I can check this out.

I need encouragement to get back into exercising, and I expect trophies are JUST the push I need :D

... plus my friends IRL will have more 'wtf, why are you playing THAT' type faces on that I can laugh at (think: Hannah Montana)

I'm secretly considering getting Move just so I can check this out.

I need encouragement to get back into exercising, and I expect trophies are JUST the push I need :D

... plus my friends IRL will have more 'wtf, why are you playing THAT' type faces on that I can laugh at (think: Hannah Montana)

The best part of the game, is Mel is constantly telling you how good you're doing, and when you do badly, she just encourages you to do better! She KNOWS you can do better :p

Just because YOU don't want to workout doesn't mean others won't. It flat out gives you trophies for continuing to workout, and for doing well at it. It's not going to be easy to platinum, but it should push you to keep doing it. If you don't like it, don't get it. If you just want to play with controllers, you definitely DON'T want this game. You have to exercise at least 30 minutes each day.

Oh brother.

At the risk of turning this into a finger pointing, senseless bashing thread, I'll just say I agree with OP on the basis that this is an incredibly senseless title to offer trophies.

You want to work out, we get it. This "game" however, is pointless to offer trophies. The reward you should be earning from this is a sleeker, trimmer, hopefully better looking body for yourself.

Some games just don't need a trophy listing, this is one of them. I fully encourage anyone looking for a real workout to go with a workout tape, a gym, a personal trainer, etc etc.

Don't use a videogame as an excuse to work out please, that 1% will be awfully discouraging. ;)

Oh brother.

At the risk of turning this into a finger pointing, senseless bashing thread, I'll just say I agree with OP on the basis that this is an incredibly senseless title to offer trophies.

You want to work out, we get it. This "game" however, is pointless to offer trophies. The reward you should be earning from this is a sleeker, trimmer, hopefully better looking body for yourself.

Some games just don't need a trophy listing, this is one of them. I fully encourage anyone looking for a real workout to go with a workout tape, a gym, a personal trainer, etc etc.

Don't use a videogame as an excuse to work out please, that 1% will be awfully discouraging. ;)

This works far better than any workout tape, though it's no gym or personal trainer. It more or less is to help you get moving. But since every game HAS to have trophies, alas, this one does. Either way, if people want to do the work for the trophies, go for it. I personally got it to use as a workout tool, and figured some trophies for doing so would be kinda nice. Most of them are just from doing everything anyways.

But the game wasn't made to be a trophy-whoring game, people just make them into that.

Edited by Azaria

I got hit by a car 6 years ago and the driver sped off leaving me in the road to crawl home, since then I sit in front of the PS for 18 hours a day and play games. When the Move was released it gave me a reason to actually start moving more then from the couch to the fridge. In the 2 weeks I have had the game I still can't make it through a whole workout. However I can make it to the mail box and through the grocery store with out complete dabilitating back pain. I've only lost 6lbs so far, but the ability to move is worth way more then $40 i spent on the game or 1 more notch on my e-penis.

If you don't like the game then dont play it, don't cry about it, and don't talk smack to people who actually have a chance to benefit from it. Everytime you post negative comments about a game you turn someone away from a chance to gain a bit of happiness.

• 2 weeks later...

It was nice of you to share that info Boba_Fett665. I got it today and tried it. My biggest gripe is that my room isn't big enough for the camera to recognize me for floor exercises, so I'm going to have to use it an another room in my home. Other than that, it's quite fun. And Azaria is right. This isn't a game for trophy whores, unless you really don't mind working out for 5 hours straight just to unlock one trophy. :p

i also agree that the game sounds pointless but that doesn't mean it sucks or shouldn't have trophies. normally i would give a game a try but exercise isn't my thing. :p For those who attempt to plat good luck and this game is proably the healthiest platinum you can get. :D

Edited by Noctis Fang

If you don't like the game don't buy it, anyway looks like a perfect game to get my lazy ass out of the chair and getting trophies for it!

If you don't like to work out set it up at the local gym and let the health nuts play it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I like this workout tool, but why is it that this game is supposed to not have trophies? Because it isn't a real game?

As far as I'm concerned, the concept of trophies is that you get a reward for successfully completing a challenge. In some games, it's for beating the crap out of people, in other games, it's for attaining a max level for god knows what and here it's for completing workouts... So what's the difference then?

I personally won't be aiming specifically at the platinum for this one, but the sound of an unlocked trophy after a workout really is a nice reward for me!