Potentially a 1 difficulty for UK version of this game

squodge

I have the UK version of this game, and before today didn't think anything different from the other gamers on this forum. It was until I thought about what I'd said previously (that you don't need a Move controller for the game), and I was 'corrected' by craigdck as being completely wrong.

However, it transpires now that the UK version of Get Fit with Mel B is different from other versions in that it gives you three different ways of playing:

1. Play with no PSEye and no Move controller.

2. Play with PSEye but no Move controller.

3. Play with PSEye and also Move controller.

I used to pick 3, but started doing 2 instead. And just today I thought, what if I try option 1? So I did. And I've discovered the game is no longer a potential 8 difficulty. It's now a 1 difficulty for the platinum.

You see, if you play without the PSEye and without a Move controller, Mel will ask you at the end of each set of reps how you rate yourself from 0% to 100%. I did the challenges this way, always claiming 100%, and at the end of the last challenge the silver trophy popped for me.

I can only see two trophies that would require at least a PSEye, and they are:

20 Run

(B)Done 20 good reps in a row

Perfect 10

(B)Done 10 perfect reps in a row

These two trophies are really really easy. You'll most likely get it on your first ever workout, regardless of your fitness level. So really, the rest of the game can be completed by sitting on your ass!

Sadly this forum never got the proper trophy guide like the one created for that other PS3trophies website: Get Fit With Mel B Trophy Guide - PS3 Trophies Forum

EDIT:Sorry, I don't mean to knock Azaria's very good and helpful attempt at creating a guide, but the fact that EU and US versions are so fundamentally different should have been brought out in the guide.

Edited by Satnamji

Whoa, that guide is mega!

Azaria's guide was okay, but I always felt it was lacking something - and now I know what it is. That guide is sooo spot on, and at least now I know I don't have to end up with a peptic ulcer just thinking about some of the insane things I have to do.

I'm still using Mel B (and EA Sports Active 2.0) as a training aid, but I don't like how the technology limits what I can do, and it does stop me (and many others, no doubt) from getting what should be not too difficult trophies. I know trophies aren't the be-all and end-all, but it's frustrating when you know you've done something properly, and the technology tells you otherwise!

I know trophies aren't the be-all and end-all, but it's frustrating when you know you've done something properly, and the technology tells you otherwise!

Tell me about. I keep going back and forth between just doing the exercises and not worrying about whether they register for the sake of getting a good workout and fussing over figuring out how to make them register (midway through my twist crunches today, I decided to just lay there and move the controller up and down to see how to get it to register better).

Because I did EA for so long, the Fitness sets should be a snap for me, but instead they are the ones that give me the most trouble. Ironically, Dance, the one I thought I'd have the most trouble with initially just learning and following the moves, is my best category because most of the exercises register properly--even though I'm not correctly following Mel's moves (I focus on the arm movements and fake the footwork).

I can only see two trophies that would require at least a PSEye, and they are:

20 Run

(B)Done 20 good reps in a row

Perfect 10

(B)Done 10 perfect reps in a row

Perhaps you'll need a PSEye with your UK Version for this.....

With German Version you don't need....

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The guide I wrote was my first attempt at a guide. I'm sorry it wasn't the best, but I tried. I had no idea about the European version though, I knew it had different box art, but didn't know about the substantial differences it had. Kinda wondering if I should import it now though, I haven't used it in so long, so it'd at least give me the completed trophy list.