What is your Dream Car

chewbacon

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contemporary: A BMW M3 E92 Coupe, 2009-2011 era.

Classic: I've always wanted to build a '67 Shelby from scratch, and I *WILL* do it at some point. It takes about 35-40k depending on how crazy you want to get.

Honestly bro that car is worth going FULL CRAZEY!!!!:dance:

Honestly bro that car is worth going FULL CRAZEY!!!!:dance:

For anyone serious about wanting a '67 Shelby GT500, I actually priced it out about two years ago and looked up all the parts and steps necessary Here's the rough sketch:

1. For 15k, you can get a custom-built body and chassis in the '67 fastback model.

2. Fitting your engine block with a high end, modular one that will handle any small block or big block engine runs about 5k.

3. The engine itself, probably the same at 5k (depends completely on what you get).

4. Undercarriage work. Memory is hazy. 2k I think?

5. Body shop to sculpt out the lines runs 2-3k.

6. Paint takes 2-5k depending on whether you want Daily Driver paint or Showroom paint.

7. 500 bucks for an electrical wiring system (you can install it yourself since the cage is empty, and you have the advantage of knowing what kind of electronics you'll be using!).

8. About 5k for interior, which is easily enough to get you custom leather on everything if you want.

9. Call it another 5k for a powerful but tastefully hidden sound system.

There's other odds and ends (like a few hundred bucks in oil and fluid), but that's the gist. I was a little excessive in my costs, and the stuff I listed costs just over $45,000. Think about that -- for less than the price of a brand new Chevy Avalanche off the lot, you can build a classic ultra-powerful car, 100% to original specifications and your own tastes.

Edited by RageousX

You should get this one:

HPE1000 Twin Turbo 2010 - 2011 Camaro SS Upgrade | Hennessey Performance

You send 'em a Camaro SS and $65,000 and they turn it into a beast that actually dynos over 1000bhp at the wheels (Bugatti refuses to dyno the Veyron, probably fearing it won't crack 4 digits). Listen to the engine in those vids. O_O

You should get this one:

HPE1000 Twin Turbo 2010 - 2011 Camaro SS Upgrade | Hennessey Performance

You send 'em a Camaro SS and $65,000 and they turn it into a beast that actually dynos over 1000bhp at the wheels (Bugatti refuses to dyno the Veyron, probably fearing it won't crack 4 digits). Listen to the engine in those vids. O_O

That looks pretty sweet, though not as good as the Transformers upgrade for the SS 10!