XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > General Discussion > General Off Topic

Old 12-01-2008, 12:29 AM   #1 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Bronze   I Beat the Staff!!!!   Bronze Submission   1,000 Posts   Bright Idea!
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Default What games to buy?

I never owned an XBOX 360, but my friend does and before I got my PS3 I always enjoyed the challanges of earning the achievments. Now I'm bit with the trophy bug. But the only game I have right now that even has trophies, is MK vs DC. While I'm working on this one, what fun trophy games would you guys recommend? I'm already thinking I'm going after Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.

Last edited by King Boss; 12-01-2008 at 12:32 AM.
King Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:51 AM   #2 (permalink)

Call of Duty Modern Warfare doesn't have trophies. Call of Duty World at War has trophies. Some other good games for trophies are GTA 4, Dead Space, Little Big Planet etc... Go look at the retail games section to see a list of all the games that currently have trophies.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:58 AM   #3 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Bronze   I Beat the Staff!!!!   Bronze Submission   1,000 Posts   Bright Idea!

Yeah sorry about that, World At War is the one I meant. I've been a little out of it on the Call of Duty games, the last one I played was Call of Duty 2. GTA 4 I'll be into and probably Little Big Planet. Don't know much about Dead Space. 1st person shooter?
Old 12-01-2008, 01:02 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Boss View Post
Yeah sorry about that, World At War is the one I meant. I've been a little out of it on the Call of Duty games, the last one I played was Call of Duty 2. GTA 4 I'll be into and probably Little Big Planet. Don't know much about Dead Space. 1st person shooter?
3rd person. There's a demo on the playstation store you should check it out
Old 12-01-2008, 01:15 AM   #5 (permalink)

Damn, that retail games list for trophies is pretty short. How long has the trophy stuff been going on? I only found out about this stuff a week ago.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:25 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Damn, that retail games list for trophies is pretty short. How long has the trophy stuff been going on? I only found out about this stuff a week ago.
The trophy patch come out beginning of July. The list might not be as big as the 360's achievement list but it's growing. All games in 2009 have to have trophies so list will really pick up in the next year.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:47 AM   #7 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Short? You won't even play a fraction of the games anyway, so why does it matter?
Puppystomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

Call of Duty: World at War is wholly recommended. Though Modern Warfare is well worth a look too, and if you're looking for something in a similar vein but a tad more futuristic, then you'll be pleased to know that Killzone 2 will be hitting our schedules in February.

Quote:
Don't know much about Dead Space. 1st person shooter?
Dead Space is a third-person survival horror. It's pretty good but not without its flaws.

Last edited by ADPolicenaut; 12-01-2008 at 03:15 PM.
ADPolicenaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:58 PM   #9 (permalink)

It doesn't matters how many trophy-supported games exist now. Sony said all games which will be released after Jan. 2009 will support trophies, so play the games supporting trophies now and there will be a lot more next year!
Lord Spid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:17 PM   #10 (permalink)

Not that trophies should matter, but a number of earlier titles may be patched too. Just look at echoChrome and PixelJunk Monsters.