Have you ever won something cool like a raffle?

shrapx

I'm sitting here waiting to see if I won a PlayStation VR package from a Taco Bell big box...

And it got me thinking of my track record with contests and winning prizes.

Have you ever won something cool or exciting? That wasn't a scam?

For example,

I went to a trade show and I won a free copy of Microsoft Office 2003 at the Microsoft booth.

Once I submitted one of those game surveys included in PS1 games from SquareSoft, and I won a free copy of FF4 and Chrono Trigger (even though I already had it, I gave the new one away. Still cool though).

Add to that the numerous free fries and small ice cream cones. I never did find Boardwalk and Park Place, that sucks...

Just this year, I won a pretty sweet prize on my birthday :dance:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/5596042-post1250.html

So, Friday was my Birthday (wish me happy birthday, damnit)

And I got some pretty cool news after checking my emails.

Turns out I won a competition on a NZ website for a PS4 Dirt Rally game pack :dance:

136824408.jpeg

This is so awesome, because I've always liked racing games. I'm not the best at them, but they are fun. I used to have a racing wheel, but had to get rid of it due to limited space and a newborn at the time. But now that we're in a bigger place, I was considering getting a wheel again, but then the downside was mounting it to a desk in front of my TV which wasn't ideal.

Perfect timing, this competition came up, so I had to enter and try my luck.

Obviously, I wasn't expecting to win, so the news on my birthday that I won was an awesome surprise :dance:

I can't wait for it to get here so I can jam up some racing games how they're meant to be played :p

I don't think I've ever won a item good enough for me to actually remember. I've won small things before, but not something really good that's actually memorable.

But there is one thing, even though I actually didn't win a item. One day at school, and this wasn't a typical school, the teacher just wrote all our names down on pieces of paper and dropped them in a bowl or something. She told us whoever she picked could just get up and leave for that day. And she picked my name. Yeah, that's the best I've ever won :p

I remember a cool one now...

In high school I worked with a small group of people on a power point in my computer class. The entire class had to do it as part of our school work.

We made it the power point about space stations and how they might work in the future.

We actually won some kind of contest. I don't remember the specifics, but there was a presentation in the gym in front of the school and I got a pen, which I lost.

That was probably the single best thing to happen to me in high school. The rest of it I could care less about.

I won The Beatled Remastered when it released since I preordered The Beatles: Rock Band from a video store. If you pre-ordered there, you got put in a drawing to win the box set, and I ended up winning! I also won a free year of Xbox Live and Xbox Music when I attended Microsoft's Xbox One launch party, which was pretty neat. I have won beer a couple times from drawings at Music Bingo as well; I always end up getting the Bourbon Blood Orange one for some reason. XD

I won the Jurassic World Team Pack for Lego: Dimensions from entering during a Resero Twitch stream. Thanks again guys!:applause: I didn't even have the game, but ended up buying it since it piqued my interest.

In high school I won some Gatorade merchandise from one of their promos and a free movie from a Pepsi promo.

Nothing much bigger than that though.

I played in a golf tournament once, and afterwards my name was chosen for a chance to win a million dollars if I made a hole-in-one from 150 yards out. I didn't make it, of course, but I did land on the green. So at least I didn't embarrass myself in front of everybody.

Damn, thats pretty cool. That still had to feel pretty good being that close...

Best I have done is a few $100 winners on scratch off tickets.

I enter sport car raffles now and then but never anything :(

10 free burritos from GyG (Guzman y Gomez). You had to put your business card in a box an mine was pulled out.

Shouted my team a tasty large spicy chicken burrito each for lunch. Doesn't sound like much but they are about 12 bucks each.

Edited by Furious Gargoyle

I won this Nike Dunk from watching the movie Coraline. It wasn't my size, so I sold it for a PS3. Kind of regret it, but at the time I had no job and CoD4 was the shit.

ae8dXwy

Not really a fan of Dunks, but those Coralines are nice as! Shame you don't have them anymore :( but I'm sure you got your moneys worth out of the PS3!

Microsoft used to have contests you could enter from the Xbox 360 dashboard, and I won a few of those. One of them was a package of skateboard decks that I promptly sold because I had no use for them, another was a GTA IV baseball bat, and another was a bunch of other GTA IV prizes, like t-shirts, stickers, pins, a duffel bag, and fake license plates.

One way to greatly increase chances of winning is to not enter contests that are known to be scams, such as the Taco Bell ones or ones Sony runs where they give all the prizes to people who hack their trophies while disqualifying legitimate earners. :thumbsdown:

Boom box from high school prom after party, t shirts, drinks and that's about it

Edit. I didn't win this perse but I bought the DVD that I gave to my sister in law that won her a pair of expensive ass shoes from sex in the city

Edited by IM NaMTaB

A few years ago or so I won a limited edition Tomb Raider XBox 360 controller from an online scavenger hunt. And just last night, I won a raffle for a $20 Steam card from a streamer I frequently watch on Twitch.

I've also won quite a few meet and greets with my favorite musicians through online drawings.

Edited by I Bleed Green