How old are you and when did you start gaming?

Xyyzer

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24. The first game I remember playing around the age of 4 was some cheap p.o.s. handheld Batman game, it was pretty fun. I had a ps1, Genesis, original gameboy, and NES (and atari but i think the controller was broken, and yes, I had E.T. :p ) in the house growing up.

The first games I played on each system were

Gameboy - Super Mario land

Genesis - Sonic Spinball

NES - Duck Hunt (technically my first was Dr. Mario but the damn robot (R.O.B.?) wouldn't work)

PS1 - Demo disc -> Crash Bandicoot

Atari - Galaxian

Not as old as ^^^^^ :dance:.

I'm 41 and started gaming apparently when I was 3 on an extreme bit of kit known as the Binatone TV Master lol.

I'm 41 as well and feel the same way when Free posts his age. :egypt:

Probably either some Atari or Commodore 64 game, but didn't become an official gamer until playing Rad Racer for the NES.

Not as old as ^^^^^ :dance:.

I'm 41 and started gaming apparently when I was 3 on an extreme bit of kit known as the Binatone TV Master lol.

Probably either some Atari or Commodore 64 game, but didn't become an official gamer until playing Rad Racer for the NES.

We should start a 40s party here. Nice to know we are all still in one piece and gaming! :D

I would have to say I was 3 or 4, with the Game Boy Pocket. My first set of games were Super Mario Land, Pokemon Red and Blue, and Legend Of Zelda: Link's Awakening, then as time passed I got a Game Boy Color.

I started gaming when I was 3, with the Game Boy Color.

Super Mario Land was one of my favorite games on the Game Boy. Did you play Legend Of Zelda games on the Game Boy, Oracle of Ages/Season(Both were on the Game Boy Color) and Link's Awakening?

25 now, started gaming at 4 and my first game was the original Sonic the Hedgehog on Sega Genesis.

I was not into Sega at the time, but played my far share of Sonic. I was more into the Dreamcast Sonic Adventure game!

I did not have the luxury of playing the Atari a lot, but heard it was really good. My Grandfather has one at his house along with a playstation 1 and other old systems. It was not until the N64 until I got into console gaming. :o

Edited by x410xDragon

I have vivid memories of playing one of the Sonic games, can't remember which one, but I remember fighting Robotnic in the air with Tales carrying you, would appreciate it anyone could remind me :D

I was about 4 years old I'd say, I'm 24 now.

Wow, I'm the same age as you and one of my very earliest gaming memories was a Sonic game too. :D

It's difficult to pinpoint exactly what my first gaming experience was because I have gaming memories in several different contexts. For instance, I know I was age 5 when my friend had a PlayStation and I would go to his house after school to play various things - my most vivid memories there are Grand Theft Auto, Crash Bandicoot and Future Cop: LAPD, I believe.

However I spent time in hospital when I was a kid at around that time and that's where my first Sonic memories come from.

I never had any gaming systems of my own until a good few years later when I had what was essentially a cassette player and a joystick! The closest thing I can find to it is the Commodore 64 but I'm not actually sure what it was. Without a doubt, my most lasting memory of that is Chuckie Egg. :dance:

I'm 27 right now. My introduction to gaming was at 2 years old, when I got my first NES for Christmas, so I've literally been gaming since before I can remember. Nowadays I don't know why anyone would give a game console to a 2-year-old, but hey, games were simpler then, and I had a bunch of Sesame Street games.