Beards!

TmF1979

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I try to keep mine in check because it just looks a mess otherwise. I use hair clippers/trimmers/those things you see in a hairdressers/whatever they're called to keep it reasonably short and tidy looking.

Love the thread title. Beards and exclamation marks go hand in hand. :D

I use hair clippers/trimmers/those things you see in a hairdressers/whatever they're called to keep it reasonably short and tidy looking.

I've had my beard since Jr. High. Always important to wash it regularly and comb it now and again. Good shampoo should keep it pretty tame, otherwise, keep it trimmed, and eventually it fills into a solid mass.

Yeah, I own a pair of professional clippers. Used to buzz my hair off and now I use them for the sides of my head because I have a mohawk. I'm trying to keep the more wild parts of my beard trimmed down, but it ain't easy. Thing has a mind of its own.

Just shaved my beard off recently, But got a Gillette proglide last year to try and maintain worked here and there.

I assume you mean a ProGlide with a built-in trimmer.

I read on another message board that coconut oil is supposed to be decent, so I'm trying that now since my wife and I regularly keep some in the house.

Edited by TmF1979

I've had my beard since Jr. High. Always important to wash it regularly and comb it now and again. Good shampoo should keep it pretty tame, otherwise, keep it trimmed, and eventually it fills into a solid mass.

I never shampoo my beard before. Soap does get stuck in it and has to be scrubbed/rinsed out.

I almost always have facial hair but I can't stand having a huge beard so I trim it regularly. I've wanted to grow it out but it's always uncomfortable (gets too hot and itchy) or it's just looks bad/awkward when it grows out. Props to those who do grow it out to insane lengths.

Seeing as how its no shave November I will be attempting to grow a beard, though it will take longer than a month before it would stop being patchy.

Good luck. I've tried to do it the last couple of years but my beard just grew too fast and it looked awful after the first week, especially the neck portion.

Seeing as how its no shave November I will be attempting to grow a beard, though it will take longer than a month before it would stop being patchy.

I'm doing no-shave 2014, I'm doing pretty good so far.

But for real, I get hair on my neck, my chin, and my moustache, but it comes through near enough blonde, I have to dye it black.

And my sideburns are so patch, I think 2015 is my year.

I'm doing no-shave 2014, I'm doing pretty good so far.

But for real, I get hair on my neck, my chin, and my moustache, but it comes through near enough blonde, I have to dye it black.

And my sideburns are so patch, I think 2015 is my year.

My beard didn't really fully develop until I was 23. You still got time are you in the early 20s? :think:

My beard didn't really fully develop until I was 23. You still got time are you in the early 20s? :think:

I've just turned 21 a few months ago.

In the last year alone my hair has come through a lot, last year I struggled to grow a bit of fluff on my upper lip.

I now have a moustache, chin hair, neck and side burns, although the sideburns are patchy.

Everythings connected, minus the moustache to the chin, although its not ''complete''.

I want the stubble look, but I can't get that with my hair colour and patches :mad:

I've just turned 21 a few months ago.

In the last year alone my hair has come through a lot, last year I struggled to grow a bit of fluff on my upper lip.

I now have a moustache, chin hair, neck and side burns, although the sideburns are patchy.

Everythings connected, minus the moustache to the chin, although its not ''complete''.

I want the stubble look, but I can't get that with my hair colour and patches :mad:

The stubble was the only reason I ever wanted to grow it out. Only downside once you get it is you have to learn to trim it neatly. Takes lot of practice. :(

I'm glad I can't grow a beard. I've never cared for how they look, and I know I wouldn't like how it feels.

My chin and under my lip grows fine, and a chin strip, goatee, or soul patch is all I want and I have it already. Rest of my face grows slow, and I don't have to shave my face for days at a time. And if I had to use more razors than I already do, I'd go broke.

Same here, my step dad does it perfect and so do barbershops.

My barber does it good too but unfortunately, it's costly to do and with how fast my beard grows, it's not worth it.

Don't get me started, I tried to get the stubble look once.

I ended up looking 12.

I know the pain. If I shave off all my facial hair, I look 12 as well which is why I refuse to work someplace where you are required to be clean-shaven (I have turned down a couple of jobs in the past).