Dear Funkinhouser, we are contacting you regarding your Sony Entertainment Network account and your recent online activity.

On 08-08-2014, we noted that your online activity in Group Messaging was in breach of the PlayStation®Network Terms & Conditions for the following reason: Offensive text .

In this instance we do not believe your actions warrant a suspension, but please be advised that any further breaches of the Terms & Conditions may result in a formal warning or even a temporary or permanent suspension of your account from the PlayStation®Network.

We ask that you reassess your online behaviour so that you are more considerate to other Sony Entertainment Network users. We hope you can appreciate our obligation to the community as a whole and to the rights of other users not to be subjected to disruptive or offensive behaviour.

Yours Sincerely,

The community Team

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe

What the heck!? I said 'tard' , thats it! :think:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends how much the user you reported had a cry about it. I got a similar mail a few years ago, because I called some one weird. They added me to boost some game, when I sent out an game invite they rejected it. When I asked why he/she deleted me and then he/she got all offended coz I called them weird. Some people smh...

Depends how much the user you reported had a cry about it. I got a similar mail a few years ago, because I called some one weird. They added me to boost some game, when I sent out an game invite they rejected it. When I asked why he/she deleted me and then he/she got all offended coz I called them weird. Some people smh...

Haha what a weirdo :rolleyes

Anyway, just be careful what you say to people as some people just report because they can.. Sucks that they do that but they do

That sucks. Some people are pussies.

or tards :dance:

Eff right off with comments like this!

Assuming that someone reported it (and not that Sony keeps an eye on chats for things like this), you don't know the situation of the person who reported it. Maybe they have a disability and honestly get offended by people using terms like this. It sucks that the OP got a warning from Sony, but don't belittle someone for getting offended at an offensive term.

Assuming that someone reported it (and not that Sony keeps an eye on chats for things like this), you don't know the situation of the person who reported it. Maybe they have a disability and honestly get offended by people using terms like this. It sucks that the OP got a warning from Sony, but don't belittle someone for getting offended at an offensive term.

I can assure you it's not. I swear like a trooper in both MP's and chats, and never got any warning. It's always some sad scum who needs to feel better or something (or maybe some dumb parent that was spying on their kid's console and goes bonkers when they spot a f-word).

haha. well guess what pal you were unfortunate enough to say that to the wrong person. there are 99999999 gamers who will hear ranting and insults as meaningless anon mumbling not worth interrupting the game for to report it and YOU just find yourself with the one guy in a lobby that does :D

don't say tard next time problem solved.

Vo1cl is the only reasonable person on this thread - That term is just as offensive as a racial slur, abbreviated or not. Be the mature one and don't use terms like that. Be happy you got an informal warning only and learn how words can affect people.

Context cannot be conveyed over a video game chat message. Saying anything that could be viewed by anyone as offensive, is a bad idea if you don't want to get reported.

*Steps on soapbox.

Just my opinion, but words are given power by making them taboo. I could choose a lot of things that are said to me on a daily basis (mostly about my ethnic features) to get offended by, but I don't let the ignorance or failed attempt at humor of another person affect me to the point where I get upset, because then I will have let it mean something. Everyone in life has the right to be offended at something. That doesn't mean it's required.

This applies to the "tard" comment. Also applies if you want to call things gay or call someone "autistic" when they do something done which is apparently the hip new thing to do on the interwebz and I'm already fucking sick of seeing idiots do that and would love it if anyone who did it got permabanned from any online interaction with other human beings for life.

It however does not apply to the "weird" comment. There's nothing offensive about that and the person who reported such a thing does in fact need to stop being such a pussy.

Sorry, but if someone gets butthurt and reports you for calling them a tard, then chances are they're retarded. Much like you telling someone to Eff (is that supposed to mean fuck?) off with comments like this. Learn how to context.

That's terrible, I never knew "tard" was already a breach of conduct... for something that allows users 18+ to use, that's pretty ridiculous. I hope you didn't get your account banned or anything.

Normally what I do is just use superior but safe language when I'm arguing with someone or if they're trying to call me out on something. Grandiloquence doesn't always work, but in these kinds of cases it's kind of fun to see that the other person can't find a comeback. :whistle:

Sorry, but if someone gets butthurt and reports you for calling them a tard, then chances are they're retarded. Much like you telling someone to Eff (is that supposed to mean fuck?) off with comments like this. Learn how to context.

WOOSH

You kind of stumbled into the point without realizing it. The person could in fact be literally retarded, as in they have a mental handicap rather than as in "ur stupid", and then you're being an insanely large asshole when you say shit like that to them. Please take your own advice and learn how to context.

Congratulations, you were an asshole on the internet. I hope you feel proud the next time you look in the mirror.

mjc already covered the double standards in your post, so I wont get into it again. But people shouldn't be attacked for finding something offensive. Realize they take offence to it, make peace with it, and move on. We don't need people like you white-knighting the double standard.