Samsung's 105-inch curved uhd tv priced at $120,000

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2014/07/105S9W_005_Dynamic_Black-720x480.jpg

Samsung revealed today that its 105-inch Curved UHD TV will be available for order this week for $120,000 USD.

One of the first curved 105-inch 4K TVs on the market, Samsung will also send a group of field engineers to the homes of customers who purchase the $120,000 set. They will demonstrate the features of the TV and optimize it for the room and setting.

“We continue to set the bar as the UHD market leader by delivering the best picture quality, design and most immersive viewing experiences in home entertainment,” said Joe Stinziano, executive vice president of Samsung Electronics America. “... Made for the premium entertainment lover, the 105-inch Curved UHD TV features the most advanced technology and design, a massive movie-theater style UHD screen and a curve that creates the ultimate cinematic experience.”

The 105-inch Curved UHD TV boasts a 5,120 x 2,160 resolution, 11 million pixels, Samsung's Smart TV platform, and the ability to transform the set into four screens via the company's Quad Screen Multi-Link. In addition, the 4K TV comes with a metallic frame and narrow bezel, though Samsung will also sell a specialty wall mount for the set separately.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W98eZV6Tlzg]Samsung's 105 Inch Curved UHD TV Priced at $120,000 - IGN News - YouTube[/ame]

Source

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another piece of overpriced crap that will cost 1000$ in 5 years. Getting tired of all those hi-tech "novelties". Let them make a holograpic or transparent TV or something like that, then we talk.

Believe it or not, people will pay the premium for stuff like this to simply have it years before the "average consumer".

That's pretty sweet. :drool:

I don't really get the difference of curved TV's but then again I've never actually seen one :(

i've seen one being displayed at the town's mediamarket a few months ago while i was grabbing a new keyboard. it's a real eyecatcher and these things make a huge difference compared to the ones we use in our homes.

too bad that for now it's just for people who have more money than brains though. luckily for us that's what they said roughly 15 years ago about HDTVs :p

Edited by SIE

Yeah, pay $120,000 and have the engineers set it up for you so you can watch and play stuff in 1080p at best because there's almost no 4k content right now.

Anyone who buys one of these has more money than sense.

I would buy one did I have the money. Just to say I have one :p

Edited by Xander45

Even if I was the richest person in the world, I couldn't conceive the idea of buying a $120,000 tv.

Like, that's enough money for a Corvette, or something.

A lot of the time, the more money you make, the more you spend.

People with enough money see this television in the same way that you see a $5000 television. "Sure it's a bit pricey, but I'll treat myself".

I'm not quite to the point of buying this television, but I easily "throw away" enough money that some of you might consider me insane.

It's not even that large. For that price, I would have expected the TV to be bigger. While this all sounds good, I only use my TV for watching DVDs and playing on my PS3 and the quality I have is more than enough for that. Good picture quality can't make up for a bad story or boring gameplay.

Also, I agree with The__Noid. The more you have, the more you spend. I could imagine some rich people buying that TV just because they can and because they've been thinking about getting a new TV anyway. If you need a new television and have more than enough money to buy it for 120,000$, then why not go for it and opt for something cheaper instead?

Not saying that I'll ever be able to afford something that expensive. I just think I can understand why people buy this.