If you won the lottery, what would you buy first?

Lukezordz

Okay, think about this carefully.

You win the lottery, or you win lots and lots of money from something. What would you buy first?

Most people would say, a house, a holiday, or a car. But you'd most likely buy something else first, wouldn't you?

We discuss this at work quite a bit. And after quite a lot of thought, I thought, hey! I work in a music shop, I would go downstairs and buy a new guitar! Being the very first I would buy.

So, go on, think about it, and post it here, and also how long would it take you to figure it out? Hell, you could just buy a coffee or something. Who knows?

Edited by Lukezordz

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've won lotto 4-5 times in the last month. Winnings of $13-25. I won't let my new found wealth go to my head.

My first purchase would be a passport and then a first class ticket to the USA. I buy a new, not too expensive home and invest the rest. If it was a big win of course.

Edited by JHChiBulls

Probably use the money to move overseas, as New Zealand... is starting to get on my nerves with John Key running the country... maybe to the UK, so yeah, a house over there would suffice me probably XD

Either that or just finally get a PS4 for myself so I have yet another console to own... heck, having said that, if I were to find any online, maybe a Sega Mega Drive or Master System, or an Atari... they'd be expensive, but hey, won Lotto... so I could easily afford them :p

A house would certainly be one of the first things I look at, but it can take a while to find the right one and wait for the money to come through.

As soon as I saw that I'd won, I'd go and buy a load of guitars and bass guitars. At least three or four of each one, for different tunings.

Then the basics: house, car, gaming-related crap and so on.

I would probably go on Guitar Centers website and buy any guitar and bass I felt like owning. Then Ebay, and buy some of those exotic European basses that cost a fuck load.

Something like this.

https://ritter-instruments.com/item_info.php?i=182

Doesn't have the price, but it's probably $20 thousand. I'd probably never even play it, but fuck it I'd be rich who cares.

I think the first thing I'd probably do is go to a hair salon :p I've always seen that as something a bit frivolous as I usually just get my mate to do my hair when it needs a chop. Reckon I could spend about £70 in there getting it deep conditioned

Sorry girly moment ;)

I like the idea of Lego though, that shit is expensive. As for games I don't really struggle to fund those at the moment so probably wouldn't bother visiting GAME :think:

One thing I would love to get my hands on is a First Edition signed paperback copy of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, they cost thousands of pounds

I would probably go on Guitar Centers website and buy any guitar and bass I felt like owning. Then Ebay, and buy some of those exotic European basses that cost a fuck load.

Something like this.

https://ritter-instruments.com/item_info.php?i=182

Doesn't have the price, but it's probably $20 thousand. I'd probably never even play it, but fuck it I'd be rich who cares.

That reminds me: I'd get a five-string bass and seven-string guitar. I want to play some Korn songs. :francis:

As for games I don't really struggle to fund those at the moment so probably wouldn't bother visiting GAME :think:

I'd still get my games on the cheap from Asda or Amazon. No point going overboard. :francis: