Do you like your country? Do you plan on moving?

Thiagoft_55

Hi all! After many and many days thinking about this specific subject, I decided to ask you guys. The title says it all, so you probably know what to do. Just respect other people's opinion and other people's country. ;)

I'll start... No, I don't. Living in Brazil is really bad, even if you have a good life, the truth is that you don't have a good life. Rich or poor, we all suffer because of violence, corruption and ignorance from the majority of our nation. It is really hard living here, we have taxes for everything and that money isn't used for public health, public education, public safety, nothing. They just took our money and do nothing. Oh wait, they are doing a World Cup here. :facepalm: Tons of money that our population needs, going to stadiums that we don't need. There are people dying in the streets. People using drugs (which is illegal here) on the street where a cop car is, and they don't do nothing. Now they are doing protests and a lot of manifests and these kind of things, civils are getting hurt. I don't even want to see what is happening during that World Cup (which is not going to be nice, trust me). The sad part, is that I'm not seeing changes, I'm just seeing people with shitty quality of life here, paying more taxes than people from the first world. The rich people here, have a life that almost all americans/europeans can have without much trouble. :(

This makes me incredible sad and angry. I had the opportunity to visit other countries, so I know what I'm losing. And this just motivates me more and more to leave my country asap. Living in the third world isn't easy for anybody, rich or poor. If USA makes "easier" immigration laws (maybe in the reform I read they're doing? :think:), I wouldn't think twice before going there (legally of course). Another possible destination would be Europe, if I find a place that looks nice for me and gives me good opportunities after I finish uni (when I get in one, because we have only 4 or 5 good uni's/colleges in the whole country, lol). :facepalm:

Well, sorry for the long post, if you read it all, feel free to comment about it. And post about your country, lets share information here. :D

Edited by Thiagoft_55

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in the UK and despite the fact we all moan about living here, the weather, the government etc. I actually like living in the UK, sure it could be hotter in the winter months with less rain (see we like to moan) but all in all I am pretty happy with where I live and don't plan on moving to another country ever.

I like Australia, it's not without its problems but compared to other countries, I'd say I'm pretty lucky. I wouldn't mind moving to another Australian city or to another country at some point. Chances are though, I'd still eventually end up back in Sydney. It'll always be home:)

I remember years ago you could go out on a Saturday night and not have any worries about your safety but now the city on a Saturday night is bad news. Every other week we hear of fights happening and king hit victims. It's given Australians a very bad reputation but we're a friendly bunch IMO. Some very nice cities and countryside is lovely. I do like Australia.

Our media though, not so much. They seem to glorify crime. "We interrupt regular programming with live coverage of Schapelle Cor". AH, PISS OFF! :mad:

I could never leave the UK. As countries go, it's pretty decent, despite all the moaning we do. We have cold winters and (despite what people think) hot summers and I like seasonal weather.

I'd miss all aspects of British culture if I were to leave. The people, food, TV. Who knows where I'll end up, but on this island I'm staying.

As many issues as the U.S. has, I do love living here. I talk to people from other countries every day, and I just couldn't imagine living in some of those areas (no offence). I just hold out hope that the U.S. gets it's shit back together.

It's true. I've lived in other countries... a few actually.

I lived in France for a year, and Tahiti for a year... for socialized medicine, the hospitals were the shittiest I've ever been to. And their "remedies" before they could do anything were shit, too. I had an ingrown nail, they gave me some type of liquid to pour in hot water and soak my toe in it for 5 months. I did that and it only got worse. I had intense pain for the longest time. One day, back in America, went to a foot doctor, and he looked at it, and said, "Ah. Easy". Then snipped a quarter of the nail off with his snippers and wrapped it up. The pain was gone (although it hurt after the medication wore off). It healed up right away. (Also, the French hospital that I was in had horrible toilets, as they were all broken with half-seats and cockroaches were rampant in the hospital)

Once, my mom was really sick, and they stated they couldn't keep her for more than 3 days. But she could be re-admitted. My dad wondered how they could do it, and they said she needed to wait 12 hours before re-admitting. So, she waited for 12 hours in the waiting area because she was too sick to go back home.

Not to mention no one could make a good pizza. Even Pizza Hut (I know) has better pizza. I LIVE on pizza, man!

I'm from Sweden, and yes I like my country, even though I moved to Japan. Only reason I decided to move was because I was unhappy and sick of my daily life in Sweden, and I wanted to experience something completely new and different. Can't really say that I've become more happy since I moved here though, but daily life is indeed very different, in a good way.

I like living in Japan, but I also like living in Sweden. Although not perfect, Sweden is a great country to live in I believe.

I live in the UK, and yeah I guess its alright I mean there are certainly alot of worst places I could be living so I'm appreciative of that! Nah I don't think I would ever want to move, although I was thinking of going over to the States to study for a little while (If I have enough funds) :).

I love living on the West Coast; no other place in Canada has what we're so lucky to have in terms of locale, amenities, outdoor living and activities.

Cosigned, and I'll be quite content to stay here unless I have a damned good reason to go elsewhere.

I always wanted to try life in a different country, It would have been between US/Canada & Australia/NZ, But everything changed once I had kids, It's still an option but there's far more to ponder over with a big family involved. Regarding my own country, It pisses me off at times sure but there are people far worse off than me so I have to keep it in perspective.