Do you even lift, bruh?

Noid

Well? Do you?

Discuss all things gym and fitness related! What's your workout regimen? Have you not been to the gym in ten years? What's your bench at? Your squat max? Do you do cardio? Skip leg day?

I MUST KNOW.

I can see you as a steroid pumped athlete picking on the weak right about now, no offense.

My legs are muscular, the rest are flabby, so no not really

I can see you as a steroid pumped athlete picking on the weak right about now, no offense.

...being healthy isn't picking on the weak.. he started a thread about a topic he was excited about and you basically came in here and stereotyped him.

Edited by Aeirou

Nah man, like Aeirou said, I'm just excited about the subject, and was curious. I'd love to get a full discussion going on techniques and whatnot if there are others who go to the gym on a regular basis.

Honestly I'm not even that fit myself. Like I've said in other threads, I have, like, cinnamon buns for breakfast. I'm just a regular guy who likes to lift. :)

I go to the gym every day. I do both weights and cardio, as well as some cross fit training. I used to play semi-professional rugby union and league and have just kept the training up ever since. I am also a qualified personal trainer, but don't use it as a job, I just did it for my own benefit.

I have a pretty stringent diet and exercise regime, but I won't go into detail as it will probably bore most people. But if you want to know just ask :)

I've started hitting the gym and generally began training daily in the last month or so because I'm supposed to be running a marathon in September, which I believe is about 26 miles. It isn't confirmed thus far, but I figured I may as well start to give myself a head start.

I used to be extremely healthy and sporty, both with my cross country running and football. For some reason I packed it in for a few years so whilst I'm about the right build, I definitely need a long period before September so I don't collapse. :p

I go every other day or every two days to the gym. I usually do both cardio and weight though. Someone recommended me to train one part of your body till you're all fine with it and then continue with the other one instead of training your arms one day and then your legs the other day.

Currently working on my legs and it actually seems to work :francis:

Although lately I've been having trouble sitting as it hurts after I trained :whistle:

I go every other day or every two days to the gym. I usually do both cardio and weight though. Someone recommended me to train one part of your body till you're all fine with it and then continue with the other one instead of training your arms one day and then your legs the other day.

Currently working on my legs and it actually seems to work :francis:

Although lately I've been having trouble sitting as it hurts after I trained :whistle:

What do you mean by train one body part till your fine with it? Do you mean like just train legs for a few months till your happy with them? I don't think this great advice as you run the risk of overtraining a single body part which can have negative effects both on the short term and long term. Furthermore, if you focus on a single body part for an extended period of time you will lose whatever ever progress you have made on other body parts as you are not working them as often as you should. Once you build muscle it requires a lot of attention in order to maintain it and build more. This comes both from diet and weight training. Its easy to plateau out if you ignore muscle groups or not increase the intensity of your training.

This is just my own opinion though :)

...being healthy isn't picking on the weak.. he started a thread about a topic he was excited about and you basically came in here and stereotyped him.

Nah, but asking if we haven't been to the gym in 10 years kind of is. I can see where Roronora is coming from even though I don't really think TC was trying to pick on anyone.

Anyway,

This is my exercise routine: go home, sit on chair, sleep. Repeat ad infinitum.

That sounds about right. :whistle:

Nah, but asking if we haven't been to the gym in 10 years kind of is. I can see where Roronora is coming from even though I don't really think TC was trying to pick on anyone.

Anyway,

That sounds about right. :whistle:

I didn't mean any offence by my ten years comment. Some people are in that situation and I was trying to be inclusive. Saying, roughly, "that's cool, too, let me know!". I was trying not to scare away the "come home, sit on couch, fall asleep" folks. Purely curious, not judging anyone at all! :)

What do you mean by train one body part till your fine with it? Do you mean like just train legs for a few months till your happy with them? I don't think this great advice as you run the risk of overtraining a single body part which can have negative effects both on the short term and long term. Furthermore, if you focus on a single body part for an extended period of time you will lose whatever ever progress you have made on other body parts as you are not working them as often as you should. Once you build muscle it requires a lot of attention in order to maintain it and build more. This comes both from diet and weight training. Its easy to plateau out if you ignore muscle groups or not increase the intensity of your training.

This is just my own opinion though :)

Well yeah I actually hadn't thought about that though it's not too late to quit that as I've only been doing it for a month. It seemed more effective to me as I built it up rapidly within this month but as you say: it increases a chance of overtraining one part. I was also thinking about doing more cardio in the winter as there's an increased chance you get injured in the winter due to the (cold) weather. I need to lose some fat anyway before training certain parts.

I've been hitting the gym for the past 3 years.I'm doing only weights in gym,as i choose to do cardio on my neighbourhood's stadium :) I always try to beat my records XD.

The longest distance i've run is 7.5 kilometres and it was last week :D

EDIT:I've been doing swimming for 4 years,finswimming for 3 years and now...sport-free.

Edited by PsychoDelusion

I've been hitting the gym for the past 3 years.I'm doing only weights in gym,as i choose to do cardio on my neighbourhood's stadium :) I always try to beat my records XD.

The longest distance i've run is 7.5 kilometres and it was last week :D

EDIT:I've been doing swimming for 4 years,finswimming for 3 years and now...sport-free.

Grats on the new running record! I've not really done as much cardio as I should be lately. Stupid holiday season... ;P

Yeah for around 3 years now. I do it around 4-6times a week, but here in the christmas days not so much :rolleyes: I will begin again after new year.

It's gonna suck really hard going into the gym for a short while after new year. You get a huge influx of people who joined up for their New Years resolution. They trickle away after a month or two, but a full gym in the meantime means more time waiting for people who don't know what they're doing to get out of the area you need.

It's gonna suck really hard going into the gym for a short while after new year. You get a huge influx of people who joined up for their New Years resolution. They trickle away after a month or two, but a full gym in the meantime means more time waiting for people who don't know what they're doing to get out of the area you need.

As said, I've been at it for 3 years, so I've tried it ;) It's annoying indeed, but usually they get shy by you waiting around them, so they move. It's a shame those new paople feel that way.