Do you buy and play your games just for the multiplayer?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how I can make the subject title any clearer, but since I keep playing mostly multiplayer and none of the campaign missions, I wanted to ask you all if you do the same thing. Do you only care for the multiplayer:think:

I'm pretty sure you're talking about COD and Battlefield. :p

No, I like to plat them all, so I play the campaing anyway. ;)

No, I always play the single player portion of games. Most of the time, unless trophies are involved, I don't touch multiplayer. MW2 was the only CoD game that I liked playing online.

Recently, I've been playing Battlefield 3 online for a break while I play other games, and I have to say, it's the best online I've played.

My answer to the question is no.

I prefer single-player over multi-player because I enjoy a good story. If a game has a pretty lackluster single-player then I'll stop playing it and go to the multiplayer. I don't buy a game that has both and not play one. That's like buying a cheeseburger and only eating the buns.

My answer to the question is no.

I prefer single-player over multi-player because I enjoy a good story. If a game has a pretty lackluster single-player then I'll stop playing it and go to the multiplayer. I don't buy a game that has both and not play one. That's like buying a cheeseburger and only eating the buns.

But the buns are the best part!

haha in all seriousness, that's a good way of putting it...

I'm with the vocal minority in the sense that MP almost completely turns me off. The latest exception to that for myself was Borderlands 2 and only because I used the co-op thread there and met quite a few nice members this way.

But for the most part, where you're thrown into random MP...almost never will I join. Simply not worth listening to all the ass hats out there over the service. I've really always been a SP kinda guy. Chick's dig it. ;) :p

It's actually the complete opposite for me. I could care less about the multiplayer in the games and only about the campaign.

I only play the multiplayer when it is necessary to get the trophies or the platinum, usually the platinum, if they have DLC only multiplayer trophies, I usually don't bother.

No. I have always bought my games for the single player. Single player is varied, exciting and has a story.

Multiplayer is pretty much the same thing over and over. It's a fun add-on that's best played with friends. I could never understand those who buy a game just for multiplayer, especially if the difference from the last installment is minimal.

No. I have always bought my games for the single player. Single player is varied, exciting and has a story.

Multiplayer is pretty much the same thing over and over. It's a fun add-on that's best played with friends. I could never understand those who buy a game just for multiplayer, especially if the difference from the last instalment is minimal.

This^

For me the real longevity is in story mode, I always grow bored with MP after a few hours and rarely go back once I've got the trophies out of the way.