Your Everyday Problems That Need Solving

jqtaxpayer

I'm working on a project where I need to improve on an existing product.

Unfortunately, I've been having trouble thinking of something good -- I was hoping I could hear some ideas from the PS3T community about products that need improving, or perhaps just everyday problems that you're having that could be made easier if only a certain device were available.

Good Examples: "I'm 3-feet tall and have trouble reaching the top shelf," or "I'm a pickle addict with debilitating arthritis and can't open my jar of kosher dills," etc.

Bad Examples: "I'd like solar power to be more efficient," (this is very much beyond my expertise) or "I think my girlfriend may be cheating on me," (not the everyday problems I have in mind).

Edited by jqtaxpayer

My issue is the following:

I have a peg leg and a lazy right eye. Now the eye part I'm ok with (God bless eBay eye patches), it's the peg leg. In order to look cool with 'teh laydeez' at the club(s), I have to consistently lean against a wall or a counter table, especially after copious amounts of alcohol.

There has to be a solution outside of attaching a kickstand to my peg leg??? Please, oh please help a brother out!

Improve child proof door knobs.

I don't have any children -- what's wrong with the old ones?

Help me, I'm addicted to video games and anime. And I spend a ludicrous amount of time on both that could be spent more productive on something else. What should I do about this?

My advice is to submit to your addictions -- but, I'm not a counselor or anything. I'm just looking for a project idea here.

There has to be a solution outside of attaching a kickstand to my peg leg??? Please, oh please help a brother out!

Slip the peg into a shoe or boot, then drive a nail through the shoe and into the peg from underneath. Just make sure it matches your other shoe -- ladies notice such things. The wider base will make it more difficult for you to tip over, and a rubber sole will provide more traction.

Edited by jqtaxpayer

How can I stop a Turtle from breaking in to my house at night? Every night a turtle breaks into my house and takes a roll of toilet paper, I have no idea what he does with it but I think he's planning something big because everyday on the way to work I drive past the pond and he gives me a mean look like he's formulating plans to cover my house in toilet paper. I've tried calling the police but i think he's bribing them with used condoms. I'm getting very scared and I don't know what to do about it, any help would be greatly appreciated.

lol, okay so this thread turned out to be not very helpful for what I had hoped to accomplish...

I'm dating this girl but one day I find out she is actually a he and he thought I was a girl. I'm torn now because we have had a really good and established relationship...does this make me gay?

Only if you keep doing it.

Edited by jqtaxpayer

I was doing my nightly "business" last night and I ran out of lotion. So I opened what I thought was a new bottle and started using it....it's been 8 hours and my hands aren't free because the lotion was actually gorilla glue. How can I get out of this and what can we do to prevent this from happening again...

If you can invent crisps/chocolate/candy with (almost) no calories and without loss of taste, you will be my hero. I want to eat as much as I like all day, without having to worry about gaining weight. Also, I don't want to eat vegetables all day, because I'm not a rabbit.

Yes, I'm serious. I've always hoped for someone to invent tasty calory-poor food. So far, every attempt to decrease calories in food has decreased taste as well, so that one has to choose between delicious taste/being fat and tasteless food/being fit.

They managed to do it with cola and lemonades. Diet coke has no calories, and I like its taste more than regular coke. So when is someone going to do the same with food.

I realise that decreasing calories in food is harder than in drinks. The only thing that had to be replaced in coke to make it calory-poor was sugar, which was replaced with aspartam. But food not only has sugar, but also fat.

So what you need to do is find a replacement for fat that doesn't make you fat and tastes just as good.

Edited by TheDearGunther

This thread is made me smile. Thank you.

I'd love to submit a real problem but, mine are much too epic for any living being to handle.

I'd also love to submit a joke problem but, I would just appear to be following/competing with others.

Do you really have a product that you're trying to make better or, are you just an unoriginal, lazy fool who is looking for other people to make ideas for you?

Anywho. Good luck with all of that. :)

I was doing my nightly "business" last night and I ran out of lotion. So I opened what I thought was a new bottle and started using it....it's been 8 hours and my hands aren't free because the lotion was actually gorilla glue. How can I get out of this and what can we do to prevent this from happening again...

:applause: TREMENDOUS!

If you can invent crisps/chocolate/candy with (almost) no calories and without loss of taste, you will be my hero. I want to eat as much as I like all day, without having to worry about gaining weight. Also, I don't want to eat vegetables all day, because I'm not a rabbit.

Yes, I'm serious. I've always hoped for someone to invent tasty calory-poor food. So far, every attempt to decrease calories in food has decreased taste as well, so that one has to choose between delicious taste/being fat and tasteless food/being fit.

They managed to do it with cola and lemonades. Diet coke has no calories, and I like its taste more than regular coke. So when is someone going to do the same with food.

I realise that decreasing calories in food is harder than in drinks. The only thing that had to be replaced in coke to make it calory-poor was sugar, which was replaced with aspartam. But food not only has sugar, but also fat.

So what you need to do is find a replacement for fat that doesn't make you fat and tastes just as good.

I say you give up your vanity and get down with your inner fat boy. You've got one life to live why not live it by stuffing your face with bacon-wrapped porkchops. Heart-attack here I come!

• 4 weeks later...