Anyone tired of the Zombie genre yet?

Francofone

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the only zombie related games I've got for my PS3 are Resident Evil 5 and Dead Nation. I have COD but can't stand their zombies.

I'm loving The Walking Dead and will always watch Dawn of the Dead or Land of the Dead.

So no, I'm not sick of the zombie genre. Nowhere near so.

I haven't played too many games in the zombie genre, but I'm so sick of seeing that every game has some kind of link to zombies. Especially in games where it's totally unnecessary like Red Dead Redemption or CoD: W@W, Black Ops, and Black Ops 2.

I really don't see the appeal of zombies to begin with and so I hardly, if ever, play a zombie related game. My exception is the Resident Evil franchise, which to be fair, has gotten away from zombies with 2 of the last three games, with RE6 making a zombie come-back.

At least they haven't come up with a zombie mod for Uncharted yet.

I've always stayed away from zombie related games because I was never interested in it so I haven't grown tired of it.

Others have mentioned it and I must agree The Walking Dead does a tremendous job with the whole zombie genre so that it's not the same cliche crap you see everywhere else.

Super sick of zombies in games. Also sick of vampire crap. Its an excuse for no creativity and it only appeals to people with no taste, the kind who mindlessly play halo and/or cod endlessly because its enough to satisfy their, shall we call it gamer "bro-ness"? Like the guys who sit in a sports bar on fridays drinking with their friends bragging about how they would have done something better than the professional athlete they are watching

Yeah bro yeah!!!!

It just depends on the game for me, Some add zombies just for the sake of it, To say "look! we have zombies!" , Other games are based around the undead, With them interlacing with the story and atmosphere of the game, eg RDR Undead Nightmare, Dead Island & Walking Dead.

I love zombie games, but they have to be done right. I dont play games like dead nation or zombie apocalypse. Resident evil was good but then the zombies stopped in 4 & 5. Finally 6 brought them back. And even then it was kinda like "whatever". Left for dead was a series that i can say i really enjoyed, but i dont play xbox anymore and im not a big PC gamer.

The genre has been so overdone that they have just become annoying. So unless the game is very good, I wont take an interest. I bought dead island to play with 2 other friends. We all bought used copies. By the end of the week we had all returned them to gamestop because it just wasnt good. (For us, im not saying the game flat out sucks)