To all European users outside the UK. Amazon question.

YenRou

I just ordered a game yesterday via Amazon Germany and the estimated delivery time was 3 days and the shop selling it was in Germany.

Today I received a notification from amazon that the game was sent but the problem is it was sent via Royal Mail + I'm only going to receive it on the 27th-30th.

When should I expect it? Is amazon allowed to pull this kind of stunt?

It's kind of bullshit.

I just ordered a game yesterday via Amazon Germany and the estimated delivery time was 3 days and the shop selling it was in Germany.

Today I received a notification from amazon that the game was sent but the problem is it was sent via Royal Mail + I'm only going to receive it on the 27th-30th.

When should I expect it? Is amazon allowed to pull this kind of stunt?

It's kind of bullshit.

Pull what stunt? They give an estimated delivery time not a guaranteed one.

Pull what stunt? They give an estimated delivery time not a guaranteed one.

I'm not too concerned about the delivery date since like you said, it's an estimate.

But saying that the shop in Germany and it turns out to be in the UK is fucked up and borderline fraud.

Plus, it would be 3~ days if the shop was in Germany but it's not.

Edited by YenRou

Wow I guess I'm not the only one this has happened to.

Thanks guys, I hope I will get it by the end of this week.

EDIT: I just read the feedback section of the shop and they all received their games in 3-4 days just as amazon described on the item page. I guess I shouldn't take the email to heart then :)

Edited by YenRou

The problem I find with Amazon these days is that they allow people set up "shops" in order to sell their own goods, a bit like Ebay.

Unless you're actually aware of this, it's quite hard to notice because most people will assume you're buying the product directly off the retailer themselves, when in actual fact, you;re likely buying it from an Amazon seller.

That obviously means delivery estimates and costs are set by whomever you buy the product from.

I bought Assassin's Creed Brotherhood shortly after Christmas it came out and I waited patiently for it to be delivered. After a month, I looked into the issue in depth and found out about this apparently new (new to me, anyway...) system on Amazon, and he was just an unreliable seller. Refunds are very easy to obtain though.

The problem I find with Amazon these days is that they allow people set up "shops" in order to sell their own goods, a bit like Ebay.

Unless you're actually aware of this, it's quite hard to notice because most people will assume you're buying the product directly off the retailer themselves, when in actual fact, you;re likely buying it from an Amazon seller.

That obviously means delivery estimates and costs are set by whomever you buy the product from.

I bought Assassin's Creed Brotherhood shortly after Christmas it came out and I waited patiently for it to be delivered. After a month, I looked into the issue in depth and found out about this apparently new (new to me, anyway...) system on Amazon, and he was just an unreliable seller. Refunds are very easy to obtain though.

Yeah, I've noticed several cheap games that are only available through 2nd party sellers, I've never even considered those. (Luckily?)

For those who have the same problem.

The item came today which means that it took them 3 days from UK to Germany!

I'm really impressed with Amazon!

Yeah, amazon.co.uk is a solid site, also with the free shipping when you order above ~£16.30.