What not to say at job interviews. Funny

kfree7

Truly epic. If prospective employers even get a hint that something is off-kilter, you're definately likely not to get the job you want. You have to present yourself well and not do something you think is normal, which would make the employer a little apprehensive about hiring you. "Don't call us, we'll call you!" I can't say this has happened to me, but I've seen this happen to a few friends because of something they've said-open mouth, insert foot.

I think the comments are actually even better than the main article.

Here's my favorite...When they tell me I'm OVER qualified, I say, "What if I goof-off a lot?"

I would rather read an article about stupid things the interviewers say. I once had an interviewer tell me that they didn't hire anyone over 40 because they wanted people who would work another 30 years. Less than a year later they were out of business.

The best I ever saw on an job application was "I was the assistant foreman on a two man crew".

When I was in my early 20's I was up for a corporate job and the last phase was a lie detector test. When they asked "have I ever tried drugs and did how much alcohol did I consume?" I knew I blew it. I had recently finished college (it was the 70's and I went to a lot of Dead concerts). I couldn't lie. So as the interviewer asked, I kept saying yes. It was a long list. Needless to say, I didn't get the job. The tech doing the test was cute and we hit it off. She liked the fact I was comfortable with honesty.We have been married 34 years.

A few years ago, I was on the interview panel for a job on my team and we asked the applicant "tell us about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you resolved it." The applicant responded with this:

"So at my last job, the fellow who sat next to me was very disorganized and had stacks of papers all over his desk at all times. Occasionally those stacks would fall over, usually onto MY desk, which irritated the hell out of me. One night, I decided to teach him a lesson, so I came back to the office around midnight and set up a trap, complete with a trip wire and everything, so that when he arrived in the morning, he would trip on it and it would turn on a bunch of fans that I had placed all around his desk to blow all his papers everywhere. I hoped he would've gotten the hint but he just seemed really mad about it the next day. I thought it was funny though."

...frankly, it was kinda hilarious in a "is this a re-telling of an episode of The Office?!" sort of way, but we didn't give him the job. :p

When I just started college I was applying for a job at Target. When I got to the interview phase I realized very quickly that the woman interviewing me wasn't very bright. However I don't think I have a very complicated speech pattern so I carried on answering as I usually do. On every question she would ask me to clarify my responses because she didn't understand what I was saying. I kept simplifying my answers until about the fifth question. She asked to clarify again and I pounded my chest and said, "Me work, GOOD!" Her face turned bright red, and she refused to make eye contact for the remainder of the interview. Needless to say, I didn't get the job.

This is a dude I would like to smack. You do not fuck around like that, especially with disability patient's.

Not cool...

That's just sick that person doesn't deserve the gift of life :mad:

That sounds just like the interview I ha... WAIT A MINUT!
priceless that comment made me laugh nice humour you got :D

I almost only ever worked in the family business (bricklayers) so I've never really had the 'joy' of going to a job interview, but i've interviewed people for a position in our company.

There was this guy he said oh I have alot of experience i've had my own construction company blah blah.. we had to fire him after two days turned out he couldn't even lay tiles which is very easy. Not too funny I suppose but a good example of what lying about job experince can get you fast.

His only construction experience was he worked at a cement facory.

When I just started college I was applying for a job at Target. When I got to the interview phase I realized very quickly that the woman interviewing me wasn't very bright. However I don't think I have a very complicated speech pattern so I carried on answering as I usually do. On every question she would ask me to clarify my responses because she didn't understand what I was saying. I kept simplifying my answers until about the fifth question. She asked to clarify again and I pounded my chest and said, "Me work, GOOD!" Her face turned bright red, and she refused to make eye contact for the remainder of the interview. Needless to say, I didn't get the job.

Haha, brilliant! I always think of this scene from Peep Show when I have an interview.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzXw2Nzps0g]Peep Show | We'll Be in Touch | Channel 4 - YouTube[/ame]