Excitement of a new game.

kfree7

Depends on the game. If it's something I've been hyped about for months, then yeah, I'll get excited and be itchin' to get home and play it. There's usually only one or two games a year though that I'll be *that* excited over.

I'm like that.

If it's a old game though, I'm not excited to play it.

I get excited when I buy a brand new game since I rarely do nowadays (rent mostly). Just tearing the cellophane wrapping and opening the case and smelling the new game smell, totally excites me. :D

Love that new game smell. Opening up the booklet, sniffing that smell in too. Love it.

Yeah, I get pretty excited when I buy a new game, doesn't matter if I was looking forward to it or not. At heart, still a little kid :)

If I get a game that I have been expecting for so long and is my favourites, like LittleBigPlanet 2...

I get crazy excited, I do a dance here and there while I wait for the install and I don't even care if there's a big ass install...

I'm still so excited.

If I get a game I like, I still get excited, I don't purchase a lot of games, I never rent and if I buy a game, it's a game I usually want to keep. Not sell again.

I used to be that way when I was younger. I remember seeing Metal Gear Solid (PSX) on the shelf of a Target and I had NO idea that was getting released; since I had recently gotten back into gaming at that time was the reason I was clueless.

I was a huge, HUGE fan of the two NES Metal Gear games (yes, Snake's Revenge isn't as bad as you've read -- it's just an action-based game is all). So seeing a 3D rendered Metal Gear game about made my heart almost start ticking. Almost. :D

I get excited when I buy a brand new game since I rarely do nowadays (rent mostly). Just tearing the cellophane wrapping and opening the case and smelling the new game smell, totally excites me. :D

Yeah. This is definitely one of the best things about buying new games, especially if it's one you have pre-ordered or excited about playing. I remember when I got my Special Edition of Uncharted 3 back in November. Damn, Drake's journal really did smell authentic. Still smells great to this day. :p

Depends on the game. If it's something I've been hyped about for months, then yeah, I'll get excited and be itchin' to get home and play it. There's usually only one or two games a year though that I'll be *that* excited over.

I'm exactly the same. This year the only games that will probably have me extremely hyped will be Mass Effect 3, the next CoD and of course....GTA V.

Any other games I get on release I look forward to playing but don't get really excited. For instance I bought FFXIII-2 on release but didn't play it about 3-4 days after I bought it.