XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > General Discussion > General Off Topic

Old 02-28-2012, 09:53 PM   #11 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

I don't get too overly excited, but I love sniffing that brand new smell.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:09 PM   #12 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

If I get a game that I have been expecting for so long and is my favourites, like LittleBigPlanet 2...
I get crazy excited, I do a dance here and there while I wait for the install and I don't even care if there's a big ass install...
I'm still so excited.
If I get a game I like, I still get excited, I don't purchase a lot of games, I never rent and if I buy a game, it's a game I usually want to keep. Not sell again.

Trophy card is banned to be viewed in the Europe Union for many reasons, view at own risk.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
InternationalGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:47 AM   #13 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I used to be that way when I was younger. I remember seeing Metal Gear Solid (PSX) on the shelf of a Target and I had NO idea that was getting released; since I had recently gotten back into gaming at that time was the reason I was clueless.

I was a huge, HUGE fan of the two NES Metal Gear games (yes, Snake's Revenge isn't as bad as you've read -- it's just an action-based game is all). So seeing a 3D rendered Metal Gear game about made my heart almost start ticking. Almost.
Old_Snoova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:02 AM   #14 (permalink)
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Platinum   THL Season 6 Champions - Trophy Poppin' Daddies   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   5,000 Posts   Silver Road Map Submitter   Jack of All Trades   Silver Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)

While I don't super excited anymore, I still love the smell of brand new games.

Thanks to ESYLD for the avatar/signature.

stgermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:13 AM   #15 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

It really depends on the game for me. I'm jonesing pretty bad for Mass Effect 3 and MLB 12 The Show.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:17 AM   #16 (permalink)

i rarely buy new games on 1st day release, cos most of the time tends to have goty version which includes all dlc. So not much of excitement, more excitement for me if i platinium a game.

Swordsman83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:48 AM   #17 (permalink)

only for certain games, i was like a little kid when i got Skyrim lol
Old 02-29-2012, 10:38 AM   #18 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Only if its a game I've hyped myself up over. Next month I'm going to be giddy like a school-girl with all the RPGs coming out.

Currently playing: Battle Princess of Arcadias, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Latest : Demon Gaze
NovaSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:49 AM   #19 (permalink)
Graphics Team

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   SOTM Winner   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Jack of All Trades   Staff - Graphics Team   Word of Mouth - Silver   A+ Thread Award   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Member of the Month Winner   Helping Hand
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmowen View Post
I get excited when I buy a brand new game since I rarely do nowadays (rent mostly). Just tearing the cellophane wrapping and opening the case and smelling the new game smell, totally excites me.
Yeah. This is definitely one of the best things about buying new games, especially if it's one you have pre-ordered or excited about playing. I remember when I got my Special Edition of Uncharted 3 back in November. Damn, Drake's journal really did smell authentic. Still smells great to this day.
GlennThomas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #20 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Xander45

Awards Showcase Gold  Road Map Submitter   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   Word of Mouth - Silver   Beat the Muff   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Community Gaming Event Gold   I Am a Platinum God!!   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   5,000 Posts   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Helping Hand   Staff - Moderator
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)

Nothing beats New Game Smell, and yeah I do get excited about some games. For example I'm going to be as giddy as a school girl that's just found out One Direction are coming to their house when Mass Effect 3 arrives.