Twin terror attack on Norway

EatWar

At least 68 young people dead from shooting at political youth camp and at least 8 people dead from bomb in the center of Oslo... Bringing the total death count to 76.. Same person responsible for bomb and shooting..

EDIT July 26th: Police have reduced the death toll of the massacre at an island youth camp and bombing in Oslo from 93 to 76.

"At least 85 people died":http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14259356

Bomb: BBC News - Norway hit by deadly bomb and shooting attacks

Suspect: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14259989

Photos from city centre: Bildene som ryster verden - nyheter - Dagbladet.no

Hold together – hold hands for the victims.. Now over 1 million holding hands http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/oslobomben/lenke.php (Change language in the top right corner)

Edited by EatWar

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine knew a bunch of people there, and didn't get contact with one of them for a while.. He was quite nervous... But I didn't know anyone there though..

Damn R.I.P. Seen some people immediately looking for ways to connect it to Islam. I'm wondering who's behind it, could be religious, could be ultra right wing nutjobs, but why bomb Oslo?

Right wing extremists crossed my mind too.. Taking politics a few steps too far in that case.....

Edited by funkyweed

Damn R.I.P. Seen some people immediately looking for ways to connect it to Islam, with no evidence at all. I'm wondering who's behind it, could be religious, could be ultra right wing nutjobs, but why bomb Oslo?

From what I've heard the bomb went off near the Prime Ministers Office. Maybe he was the target.

Sad to see this kind of thing happen.

From everything Iv read on it they speculate Islamic terrorist which wouldn't be that much of a speculation.

They will know soon enough.

RIP to the fallen kids. Sad day.

The killer, Anders Behring Breivik, is a Norwegian right wing extremist who calls himself a patriot.. He was probably displeased with the immigration politics of the Norwegian labour party or something..

PS: Number of deaths at the youth camp has now risen to at least 80!!

Edited by EatWar

I was so surprised because Norway is one of the nicest places on Earth. I mean seriously, if they see a homeless guy on the street, they go up and say "Are you alright??" That's how caring these guys are.

I know the guy who did it was a Norwegian, so it's possible it was a right wing nutjob since it was at a "political" summer camp.

Belgian press profiles the killer: "right-winged fundamentalist Catholic, who enjoys violent video games"... Seriously, is it that hard to just call an evil nutjob what he is: an evil nutjob.

I personally think it is good they identify him, if it was a Muslim or a Communist who did it then they would never stop mentioning it, should get the same attention every other terrorist gets.

Anyone noticed that the word 'terrorist' is being used minimally in the media? That's because he isn't a Muslim.

Regardless of race, religion & ethnicity, this murderer is a fucking coward.

WTF! As i'm typing this, this is my first time hearing this story. The world is really sick right now. Evil seems to be winning. STUDENTS!? REALLY!? The ignorance of these xenophobe's is absolutely amazing. I have this phrase i use when referring to such people here; "Never underestimate the ignorance of your fellow Americans". Unfortunately "these types" exist the world over.

*NOTE*

This is one of the great things about PS3T.ORG, even when you don't pay much attention to the "news", the membership here keeps you up to date and informed. Keep up the Good Work people.