Can you buy rated M games at 17 years old by yourself?

dmmx32

Ok i just turned 17 2 months ago, i want to get LA Noire tomorrow and this is the first rated M game im getting by myself. So i was wondering you can get a rated M game by yourself can't you?

All you need is your ID...some stores let you at 17 some stores let you at 18. Just call before you go to make sure.

I thought that M was 13+? If you're 17 wouldn't you only be restricted to R18?

Lol i'd like to know where you're from?? M has always been 17+, 13+ is T. There is no R rating for video games that's movies, AO is for video games 18+.

Edited by Two-Faced Joker

All you need is your ID...some stores let you at 17 some stores let you at 18. Just call before you go to make sure.

Lol i'd like to know where you're from?? M has always been 17+, 13+ is T. There is no R rating for video games that's movies, AO is for video games 18+.

Oh right. You Americans *tsk tsk*

I'm from New Zealand the REAL land of the free :D where a 14 year old can freely buy games rated M :D

Edited by Metdevil

I still have problems buying M rated games to this day and I'm 20. It really depends on where you shop because I've bought M rated games when I was like 15 and they didn't care and I recently got carded when buying Brutal Legend and I'm 20 now.

Haha I am 24 with a full-grown beard & I still get carded for GAMES more than I do Rated R movies (never do), alcohol/getting in to bars. It's quite sad if you ask me.

I know, right? It'd stop all of this confusion. In New Zealand, we have M13+, M15+, R16 and R18... Makes sence right?

There's 4 ratings for a span of 6 years...? :confused:

And even though I'm 17 (and therefore perfectly allowed to make an M-rated purchase) I still get dirty looks from the clerks as if I'm trying to be sneaky or something. I know my rights dammit!

Edited by Pirate

There's 4 ratings for a span of 6 years...? :confused:

And even though I'm 17 (and therefore perfectly allowed to make an M-rated purchase) I still get dirty looks from the clerks as if I'm trying to be sneaky or something. I know my rights dammit!

Yea, except M15+ isn't as common because there's R16...

I still have problems buying M rated games to this day and I'm 20. It really depends on where you shop because I've bought M rated games when I was like 15 and they didn't care and I recently got carded when buying Brutal Legend and I'm 20 now.

Same here. I'm going to be 21 in acouple months and I still get ID'd for everything, I don't look my age but sometimes it gets annoying because I won't always remember to bring it.