I. Hate. Online Trophies.

Nickkahhs

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any online trophy in a game seem to always involve getting to the max rank, or getting all awards or something. This is often a damn near impossible task. No one really wants to play 4000+ hours of your multiplayer. Then after the hype goes down, for most games you cant get into a server, so you are screwed when running for a platinum.

I hate and despise online trophies, meself. That could be because the only game I have that requires online play for trophies is Lord of the Rings: Conquest, and the frickin' servers for it don't exist anymore. -_- So, that game shall forever be stuck in limbo, and I'll always have a game that I don't have a platinum for and can never get a platinum for.

Depends on the game for me. KZ2, love every second of online play and loved attaining every online trophy. AVP, not so much.

If a game is well developed, well designed and well supported, online play can be a wonderful experience.

If it's not well developed.........................................Well, you get the picture.

Generally I dont mind online trophies because I like most MP parts of games. But when the online just sucks, it makes things frustrating. Like Army of Two MP, I would've enjoyed playing it but its impossible to go into a game where bugged and theres lag up the ass.

Totally agree with you. So frustrating trying to do the online trophies on Ao2.

Going to take me forever trying to get the "King of the Hill" trophy.

i don't mind online trophies so much, but the ones that seem hard (like in bad company 2, killing 5 friends with a knife) what if you dont have any friends that have the game? then your kinda screwed, and i hate the one with 20 demolish kills. in a game not enough people stay in the houses for you do demo them with c4. so unless your boosting it, or getting alot of help, you most likely aren't going to get it legitly unless your THAT lucky.

I don't like online either. Right now I don't have broadband at home anymore so there is no way for me to get online. Even when I have the proper internet I don't like online trophies. I don't like any type of multiplayer trophies actually. When I play games I like to play alone. If I'm doing something with friends its going out to a race, a bar, something like that.

As many other people have said, it all depends on the game for me. for example, the trophy on Burnout Paradise where you have to get 8 people to meet up in Wildcats Stadium was a bitch!! and usually when you ask people to help you out with a trophy, they turn into total dicks and try and fuck you over as much as possible. but if MW2 had online trophies, i think they'd be pretty fun. I'm hoping Black Ops has some online trophies.... :D