Online Racers

Hi,

My friend and I have been playing Race Driver GRID and MotoGP 08 online but have grown tired of the cheating and idiots just crashing. GRID is amazing if you can find a group of ppl who like to race rather than wreck their car into yours with 10 seconds.

Is there anyone else who would like to start a racing group? At least we would know we were al legitimate and it would make the races much better.

Reply here or feel free to send me a friend request on PSN. Pls put ps3trophys.org in subject tho :)

Thanks

Edited by TheChronicSmoker

That was something I noticed a lot in GT prologue, one of the resons I don't play any of my racing games that much online. I know it's all part of the game, but it's annoying when you've slowed down correctly and set yourself for a corner and then a Ferrari travelling at cruise missle speed smacks the back of your car sending you into the tyres!

I'd be up for this in the next GT but I don't play GRID or MotoGP.

It seems to happen with the majority of racing games, the only one I really let it slide on is Motorstorm Pacific Rift. Whilst I was playing Need for Speed Undercover, I found that at the start of a race I'll either get put on the second row of cars and in front of me will be a slower car that I'll just crash into, or I'll be on the front row and will get rammed right at the start making me lose a good couple of seconds and already ruining my chances of winning.

It is a problem in racing games but it is a problem that really cannot be solved. There is no way to moderate the races and make sure that none of this bad sportsmanship happens. It will happen and it is one of the things that we will just have to get used to.

Albeit some games like Formula One CE, had the option to race online but I believe there was the option to turn damage with cars off or w/e it was called and everytime you got near a car and was about to crash or overtake it, you could just drive through their car. This would be good in some games but also means that it would make playing online a lot more easier.

I thought Gran Turismo 5: Prologue was amazing. I don't know why others didn't like it. Only reason i could think of would be "Only 40 cars" or however many. I mean the car selection is still better then most racing games that are out for the PS3. That just fucking pisses me off when people say they hate Gran Turismo. That's the only series i will ever say that for.

Edited by skibum529

I thought Gran Turismo 5: Prologue was amazing. I don't know why others didn't like it. Only reason i could think of would be "Only 40 cars" or however many. I mean the car selection is still better then most racing games that are out for the PS3. That just fucking pisses me off when people say they hate Gran Turismo. That's the only series i will ever say that for.

would you like a race then?

• 7 months later...