Diablo III PS3 Listing Found

iBuzz7S

On the eve of the E3 trade show, Diablo 3 for PlayStation 3 has popped up on an online shop's website.

The online show in question is German retailer RedCoon.

The site mentions a 2012 release and "multiplayer support via Battle.net, with opportunities for cooperative and competitive" gameplay. There is no listing for an Xbox 360 version.

http://speedcap.net/img/648081f70ee4b394bbcc9ea088f217b0/08e80733.png

Either someone is looking for attention, or they have let the cat out of the bag.

Source: eurogamer

That was quite the steep price I must say.

I guess it's cool if it gets released on PS3. At least I would have got it once it's at a reasonable price range. :) It would also be cool if they allowed us to use our mouse to play the game with! :) I remember back on PS1 there was games that allowed you to use a mouse, and an official PS1 mouse released by Sony. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Mouse and it's not like you can't plug and play a mouse in your PS3.

Edited by MMDE

Blizzard advertised for coders via their website a year or so ago with knowledge of console operating systems. And have mentioned for a while they're interested in developing for consoles, so it wouldn't be much of a surprise if diablo III or a form of starcraft or even warcraft surfaced. I agree though rts or strategy games in general really need mouse'n'keyboards to fully appreciate them.

Yeah, I'll try it. I don't think I've ever played an RTS before. (Sorry if I got that wrong. I've never played a Diablo game before, it looks like an RTS to me, and don't see the big deal about why the game is so good.)

I've never played Diablo either, but I don't think it's RTS. I thought it was more like Sacred (which I liked, but didn't love).

Yeah, I'll try it. I don't think I've ever played an RTS before. (Sorry if I got that wrong. I've never played a Diablo game before, it looks like an RTS to me, and don't see the big deal about why the game is so good.)

You've never played a Diablo game before!?! :eek:

Get your ass out of that chair and go pick up a copy of Diablo 1 and 2 right now. :guns:

As for D3 coming to consoles I wouldn't be surprised.

Its a point and click, hack and slash game ;)

But yeah. Im interested in this, even tho its not really news. Its been listed on a few retailers website already. And since Blizzard cant deny or confirm it, it can still happen, seeing as they have been looking for people to make console version of it.

As long as this game does not turn out like Starcraft for N64, I'll be interested in this game.

I wonder what the (P) would be like

There are a ton of in game achievements, they would probably just take trophies from that. (i.e. beat the bosses, beat levels in X time, get multiple characters to the max level, etc.).

I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for an official announcement. I guess I just have to keep waiting. I really would rather get DIII for my PS3 instead of my computer though, that way I don't need a new machine as my computer is on the old side.

I feel the same way. As much as Diablo is meant for PC, mine isn't as new as I would like it to be, and might not support D3. So I'll play it safe and get it for PS3 if it's coming out for consoles, and just use a USB keyboard and mouse. Adding D3 to my trophy list would be cool, too.