XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > General Discussion > General Games Discussion

Old 05-03-2012, 10:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Default The silly reasons we buy a game for...

I was wondering if anybody else here sometimes buys/rents games that they actually don't care for the most part but found one little thing they just found interesting enough to still get it.

For instance in my case, I've bougth Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands about a year ago. Check the some gameplay videos and reviews and wasn't really that interested in the game. BUT there was just one thing that attracted me like the light attracts the moth. The ability to slow down time and solidify water that way (making it able to climb water pillars and run on water walls).

Now seriously, this is the only thing I found interesting enough to buy the game and even when I played it I totally loved that ability. Interesting enough is that there was also an ability in which you can recreate pillars and walls which basically gameplay wise generates the same result that you can climb and walk on surfaces that you couldn't get a solid grasp of without said abilities. However this one I didn't find even halfwise as awesome as the solid water. I realize myself that this is totally silly but sometimes I'm very easy to impress.

So, anybody else here having similar experiences?

Ivotas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:39 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to YenRou Send a message via MSN to YenRou Send a message via Yahoo to YenRou

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Bronze Submission   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Last year I bought Alone in the Dark - Inferno because I was in need of a horror-survival kick.

Even though it had abysmal rating from almost everyone who played it I decided to go against the flow.

I was glad to find out that it wasn't that bad and I actually enjoyed the game
Old 05-03-2012, 11:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)

Yeah, the solid water was fun and hadn't been done in other PoP games before.

I bought Soul Calibur IV because it had Darth Vader as a character. Dumb choice, because I'm not into fighting games. Fortunately, the game had no trophies.

I played Terminator Salvation and Sly 1 solely for the trophies, but I got them for free and they were better than expected.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Platinum   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Awesome Mystery Award   Silver Road Map Submitter   Guide Supplement Bronze   THL Season 2 Champions - Team 4Play   THL Season 2 - Top 20 Individuals   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Staff - Guide Team
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)

I purchased Damnation and Resident Evil 5 solely because they had co-op and I wanted to play through them with a mate of mine. Turned out that they both weren't so bad in the end and I enjoyed them. Don't know if I'd say the same thing had I done them solo though.

Ride ze Shoopuf?

Dark_Phantom_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
Events Director

Awards Showcase Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Community Gaming Event Gold   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Platinum Road Map Submitter   THL Season 3 Champions - Sharks With Laser Beams   Staff - Events Director   THL Season 3 - Ghost Busters
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)

I bought battlefield 3 solely for the air warfare.

Sig and Avatar by TheFlyingToaster
Harry94_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

I bought Brutal Legend simply because it was a heavy metal themed game. Miiiistake... Most often though, I just see a case and go "hmm" and get it anyways. My store has a good return policy. You have a week to play the game and if you don't like it, you can one time exchange it for anything of equal value. For fast trophy hunters, thats like a free rental any time you buy

bobsnotmyuncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

I bought Megamind because it had trophies. Lol.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:58 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onestonedjuggalo View Post
I bought Brutal Legend simply because it was a heavy metal themed game. Miiiistake... Most often though, I just see a case and go "hmm" and get it anyways. My store has a good return policy. You have a week to play the game and if you don't like it, you can one time exchange it for anything of equal value. For fast trophy hunters, thats like a free rental any time you buy
Wow one week? Thats awesome, I have to bring it back within 24 hours to exchange it for the same price, otherwise I have to sell it to them for way less.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Guide Team

Send a message via AIM to tuffmuff Send a message via MSN to tuffmuff

Awards Showcase Guide Supplement Bronze   Staff - Guide Team   Bronzer Than Nothing   Awesome Mystery Award   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Helping Hand   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Member of the Month Winner   Silver Road Map Submitter   SOTM Winner   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)

I bought Hanna Montana cuz I liked the idea of earning a trophy for putting stickers on things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Krid View Post
AMALGAMATE THOSE BITCHES!!!!
tuffmuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I bought Condemned 2: Bloodshot because I was playing Cold Fear on the PS2, and I was just looking for something "dark" like that on the PS3. It's still sitting on the shelf unopened.

Bought Turok because it looked like it had deep, dark jungle environments and I wanted to spend some time there. And I did - too bad everything else about that game absolutely sucked