The silly reasons we buy a game for...

I was wondering if anybody else here sometimes buys/rents games that they actually don't care for the most part but found one little thing they just found interesting enough to still get it.

For instance in my case, I've bougth Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands about a year ago. Check the some gameplay videos and reviews and wasn't really that interested in the game. BUT there was just one thing that attracted me like the light attracts the moth. The ability to slow down time and solidify water that way (making it able to climb water pillars and run on water walls).

Now seriously, this is the only thing I found interesting enough to buy the game and even when I played it I totally loved that ability. Interesting enough is that there was also an ability in which you can recreate pillars and walls which basically gameplay wise generates the same result that you can climb and walk on surfaces that you couldn't get a solid grasp of without said abilities. However this one I didn't find even halfwise as awesome as the solid water. I realize myself that this is totally silly but sometimes I'm very easy to impress.

So, anybody else here having similar experiences?

Yeah, the solid water was fun and hadn't been done in other PoP games before.

I bought Soul Calibur IV because it had Darth Vader as a character. Dumb choice, because I'm not into fighting games. Fortunately, the game had no trophies.

I played Terminator Salvation and Sly 1 solely for the trophies, but I got them for free and they were better than expected.

I bought Brutal Legend simply because it was a heavy metal themed game. Miiiistake... Most often though, I just see a case and go "hmm" and get it anyways. My store has a good return policy. You have a week to play the game and if you don't like it, you can one time exchange it for anything of equal value. For fast trophy hunters, thats like a free rental any time you buy :p

I bought Brutal Legend simply because it was a heavy metal themed game. Miiiistake... Most often though, I just see a case and go "hmm" and get it anyways. My store has a good return policy. You have a week to play the game and if you don't like it, you can one time exchange it for anything of equal value. For fast trophy hunters, thats like a free rental any time you buy :p

Wow one week? Thats awesome, I have to bring it back within 24 hours to exchange it for the same price, otherwise I have to sell it to them for way less.

I bought Condemned 2: Bloodshot because I was playing Cold Fear on the PS2, and I was just looking for something "dark" like that on the PS3. It's still sitting on the shelf unopened.

Bought Turok because it looked like it had deep, dark jungle environments and I wanted to spend some time there. And I did - too bad everything else about that game absolutely sucked :mad:

I was never interested in Bionic Commando on NES. But when Capcom came out with a sequel on PS3, I became intrigued on how bad ass Spencer's arm looked and ran out the door for that game.

Turned out to be a better game than many reviewers rated and one of my favorites of 2009 despite the ending. Mind you, I was playing this before my PS3T days and it was definitely more difficult than I was expecting. Started it on Commando difficulty for one-playthrough acting all tough and all. In the end, I was.

Ok, I'll admit to these even though I shouldn't

I bought Dragon Age: Origins for a 2nd time, this time the Ultimate Edition. Why? because I didn't want to buy the DLC digitally even though I already had 3 of them... Was the same price but at least it's all on disc for me now.

But it doesn't end there. While playing through the DLC it made me remember just how damn good this game is. Didn't realise just how good it was before, it's now my fav game this generation. So I started playing the base game again on nightmare this time. And because of the google factor to see who gets what gifts. I found Dragon Age Legends! Facebook and google+ game. I've been loving the shit out of that too (I'm sad, I know lol)...... So here it comes... I bought Dragon Age 2 (still waiting for it in the post, thats how long ago it was lol) knowing everyone has been slandering it, I've been waiting for an Ultimate Edition of that as well but I couldn't wait any longer.... because.... I want the items you can get on Dragon Age Legends lol.

A fucking facebook and google+ game made me buy a game sooner than I wanted!.... And yes, I'm playing Legends on both google+ and facebook lol.

Shouldn't have gone back to Dragon Age, I'm hooked now. I don't read books, I'm a slow reader and I find it hard to connect to any characters in a book and sometimes follow a story because I'm a bad reader so I can't get into it. But even with that, I want to buy the damn books as well!

Edited by vowel

Hello good people on the ps3 forums.

I bought God Of War 3 because i liked the way kratos chopped hermes head of and slashed medusas body with a knife , and seeing all the intestins floating around the game ;)

Have a nice day:)

Ok, I'll admit to these even though I shouldn't

I bought Dragon Age: Origins for a 2nd time, this time the Ultimate Edition. Why? because I didn't want to buy the DLC digitally even though I already had 3 of them... Was the same price but at least it's all on disc for me now.

But it doesn't end there. While playing through the DLC it made me remember just how damn good this game is. Didn't realise just how good it was before, it's now my fav game this generation. So I started playing the base game again on nightmare this time. And because of the google factor to see who gets what gifts. I found Dragon Age Legends! Facebook and google+ game. I've been loving the shit out of that too (I'm sad, I know lol)...... So here it comes... I bought Dragon Age 2 (still waiting for it in the post, thats how long ago it was lol) knowing everyone has been slandering it, I've been waiting for an Ultimate Edition of that as well but I couldn't wait any longer.... because.... I want the items you can get on Dragon Age Legends lol.

A fucking facebook and google+ game made me buy a game sooner than I wanted!.... And yes, I'm playing Legends on both google+ and facebook lol.

Shouldn't have gone back to Dragon Age, I'm hooked now. I don't read books, I'm a slow reader and I find it hard to connect to any characters in a book and sometimes follow a story because I'm a bad reader so I can't get into it. But even with that, I want to buy the damn books as well!

You know Dragon Age: Origins was another risk I picked-up near release. I recall many saying negative things around me. One even sent the game back without opening it. Maybe they were starved for a good JRPG, but I was not having any of it. It was new territory for the folks that brought us Baldur's Gate. Turned out to be pretty deep, and in my opinion one of the best WRPGs this generation.

Got so hooked that I also played the Legends online game just to get the unlocks for the game. I even bought one of the books for reading material. Was even more intrigued that your Bioware profile tracked your trophies/achievements across all the DA games and there were many more that could be obtained that were not trophies. Like playing on higher difficulty, and not dying at-all in the game. Things I wish they really made us do. Eventually they got the message in one of the DLCs.

I got Megamind and Terminator Salvation just to see how easy the platinums were since I've seen a lot of people who say they are the easiest platinums around. Also, Dr Who the Eternity Clock I'm going to get, even though the gameplay doesn't look good and the game doesn't interest me I'm so much of a Doctor Who fan that I'm curious how this game will turn out so that's why I'm getting it.