Legacy Of Kain Reboot ??

Soul Reaver was a truly masterpiece. Too bad the next 3 games in the series weren't even nearly as good as SR1 was. But still, I would really like to see a reboot.

I thought Defiance was a great game. but yeah SR2 was not great and the less said about blood omen 2 the better. The story across all the games was excellent though and they left the story wide open

Definitely psyched about this one! Hope it will get past rumor stage!

A reboot of the series would be incredible, albeit I would also LOVE to see a collection release, just to get back on the old titles and relive the incredible story. I've never really managed to finish every game in the series and just getting more in-depth with the actual plot would be magnificent (true some are available through PSN but still :/)

I loved the series. One question though: If and when they decide to "reboot" it, who would they get to replace Tony Jay(Elder God)? I don't think anyone else could match a voice as powerful as his.

thats a good question. who knows. and while on the subject if they even attempt to make this "without" Simon Templeman I will lose the plot :mad::mad:

I've been waiting for something new from the Legacy of Kain series for a long time. I always liked Kain more than Raziel, but Soul Reaver and Defiance were the stronger games.

I remember the opening movie for Soul Reaver just blew me away. A friend let me borrow it and I didn't realize it was a sequel to Blood Omen. My jaw dropped when I saw Kain sitting on the Pillars of Nosgoth.

I think I still have my original copy of Blood Omen for PSone. I might have to dust it off.

I hope this is real, because this would be something I've been waiting for since a long time. I would also like to add, how cool would it be if this game was seriously open world, a sand box game, in which you could not only travel to the spirit world, but also back and forth through time.

Just a little thought. :)

Why would they make a reboot of the series is beyond me. They have a perfectly good story to follow, the Defiance left me wanting for more. I know that it wouldn't be the same without the Elder God voice actor but still, reboots these days don't mean anything good - it's usually a dumbed down clone for masses that doesn't catch half of the atmosphere of the original

Why would they make a reboot of the series is beyond me. They have a perfectly good story to follow, the Defiance left me wanting for more. I know that it wouldn't be the same without the Elder God voice actor but still, reboots these days don't mean anything good - it's usually a dumbed down clone for masses that doesn't catch half of the atmosphere of the original

simple fact is its been too long since Defiance ended. there is a whole generation of gamers who know nothing of these characters and the story of nosgoth so from a sales perspective just making a follow up game would not sell well. A reboot , which if it sells well, then followed by a new game in the franchise makes the most sense.

• 1 year later...

REVIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.vgleaks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/nosgoth-4.jpg

War for Nosgoth mentioned in AMD driver update, Steam Database | VG247

Legacy of Kain revival suggested by AMD drivers | Joystiq

'War For Nosgoth' (Legacy of Kain) title appears in AMD Drivers. -

BE EXCITED! BE VERY MUCH EXCITED!!!

NOTE: It is unknown as of yet if it is a reboot or a sequel.

Edited by K1NG_NAZARA

I'm hoping the game moves the series further along rather than rebooting it, but at this point I'll take any LoK I can get. I'd love to here some news at E3 about this.

...I know that it wouldn't be the same without the Elder God voice actor...

We wouldn't need a voice for the Elder God if they move the series forward. ;) There are plenty of people who can do a deep voice and I don't think I don't think it would be a big deal to do a reboot without the original voice actor. He had a recognizable voice but I don't think there's anything the did that was irreplaceable.

Edited by Keyser Soze

If War for Nosgoth is a sequel to Defiance (which may be as the ending [spoiler=2292854]Where Janos became the Hylden Lord and Kain destroyed the Elder God with the help of the fully powered Soul Reaver [thanks to Raziel's death]

left room for a War against the Hylden race and since the Elder God [in spoiler], there is no need for a new voice actor)

It makes more sense if this is going to be a direct sequel of Defiance

• 8 months later...