Favourite game from 2011?

Definitely Dark Souls for me. I played the sh** out of that game, even though it had some very hard spots (looking at you Blight Town and 4 Kings on NG+) I loved every minute of it. I loved it enough that I finally got around to playing Demon's Souls and Platting BOTH games ( I have had Demons for since release day, but I kept dieing in the same spot I got pissed and shelved it,thinking that I would NEVER play it again.

I think it has actually helped my "Gamer Rage". Before, If I kept dieing in the same spot multiple times I would get so pissed that I have actually broke a few controllers because of it. After Dark Souls, I find myself having A LOT more patience now,and appreciate the fact that I don't lose anything when I die in other games.

Blades of Time is a good recent Example,Not very far into the game your introduced to a new type of "Zombie" some have shields, some throw spears and then there is a couple that have a magic shield, and the only way to break the shield is to "rewind" your self a few times while circling around him so you can hit it multiple times with your guns. I have probably died 10 times so far on the same mob, but I have yet to get pissed....(which is VERY rare with me as I've got a very short temper)

Dark Souls has probably actually saved my controllers from utter destruction,and in return has saved me enough money that I can buy other games,Instead of having to replace my controllers. :D

Probably LittleBigPlanet 2 and Assassin's Creed: Revelations. I don't understand why Skyrim is fun, yes you can wonder about and do whatever you want and yes, they are loads of awesome mods for it but it's just boring! I can't get into it at all plus the notion that Skyrim is a buggy game attracts me away from playing it.

Dark Souls overall definitely.

Over 100hrs between both my characters. Still no platinum, but I'm in no rush with a game this fun.

I've played Demon's Souls and that was more frustrating than fun. Plus the map area was really complicated to me.

There were a few really good games. I really enjoyed the bioware titles Dragon Age 2 and recently been playing Mass Effect 2 that released on ps3 in early january 2011. Also Skyrim of course and the very charming and fun Atelier Totori.

But my personal favorite game of 2011 must be the PSP title: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together.