The Godfather 2 & The Saboteur server shutdown

Jaytech

What Online features has The Saboteur got, I thought it was completely offline?

EDIT 1: I've just looked here: http://www.ea.com/1/service-updates and it looks like it's the DLC they're de-listing.

EDIT 2: It looks like EA Sports Active is going offline as well which means that (P) is going to be unobtainable :(.

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

Oh no, not The Godfather 2! My life will be over once I can't play that online anymore! :rolleyes:

As I recall, all that online was really good for was leveling up your little NPC army for the "RTS" bit of the single player. And you never even had to use it because you could just buy upgrades with your single player money.

And as stated, you don't need the online to get the platinum, so it certainly doesn't matter in that regard.

I never played both of those games so the online won't be missed but it's no surprise coming from EA, though. I may try the Godfather 2 one day. Looks alot like Mafia 2 and I loved that game!

What? This isn't about Spare Parts, this is about the Saboteur and the Godfather 2.

Check that link I posted, it says Spare Parts is going offline but what we don't know is, if this means it's being de-listed or just some online mode is being turned off.

EDIT: Ninja'd :ninja:

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

Spare Parts had online services? Unless it means removal from the PSN Store, if so I'll look at getting it soon since I was interested in trying it (heard its like R&C?).

There is online co op in that too ;)

Just a friendly heads up about it though, it's nothing like Ratchet & Clank-just the cheapest of knock offs, and it's really terrible. Easy platinum though...

Edited by McGarnigle

The Godfather 2, Spare Parts and Create are all games that I own but are sitting in my backlog. Now I don't think that online matters for Godfather 2 and Spare Parts, but Create has online trophies right? If so, shit.

Create has 14: PS3Trophies.org - Create Trophy Guide

Spare Parts has 0: PS3Trophies.org - Spare Parts Trophy Guide

Godfather 2 has 0 like many of us said before, but here's the link anyway as well: PS3Trophies.org - The Godfather II Trophy Guide

Better drink your own piss move Create to the top of your "To Play" list.

Create has 14: PS3Trophies.org - Create Trophy Guide

Spare Parts has 0: PS3Trophies.org - Spare Parts Trophy Guide

Godfather 2 has 0 like many of us said before, but here's the link anyway as well: PS3Trophies.org - The Godfather II Trophy Guide

hah is create really that bad? It's going to be an unobtainable pretty soon.

And also MMA is on that list and that has online trophies too. 18 to be precise EA Sports MMA - Trophy Guide and Road Map

Luckily I finally got plat on Saints Row 3 last night, so I started Create tonight. I got 12 of the 14 trophies within a few minutes, just need to solve 20 challenges now. It's not too bad actually but the loading times seem endless. Might not play it until plat, just get these damn online trophies out of the way.

Oh no, not The Godfather 2! My life will be over once I can't play that online anymore! :rolleyes:

As I recall, all that online was really good for was leveling up your little NPC army for the "RTS" bit of the single player. And you never even had to use it because you could just buy upgrades with your single player money.

And as stated, you don't need the online to get the platinum, so it certainly doesn't matter in that regard.

Too bad the servers are going down. I wanted to plat godfather 2, and although it wasnt needed, i did want to try it

As for spare parts, i need to get that game asap then, since i did want that game. I have to go check if that had any online

As for spare parts, i need to get that game asap then, since i did want that game. I have to go check if that had any online

Spare Parts has an online component but like MJC has said, there are no trophies attached to it. You can co-op it offline with 2 Joypads to get the Collectible Trophies :).