Skyrim VS Dark Souls

SubZero89

Skyrim VS Dark Souls, Ur Preference?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Skyrim VS Dark Souls, Ur Preference?

• Skyrim
    • Dark Souls

Both amazing games in their own way, but which do you prefer? Contrary to widespread public popularity I personally prefer Dark Souls because Iv never played a game as unique, let alone any other RPG. I base that opinion on what I find a more satisfactory experience & nothing to do with Skyrims infamous technical issues :o.

Even without technical issues I would say Skyrim has its awesome moments (for instance its epic kill sequences) but for the most part its very boring. Dark Souls is visceral & engaging from start to finish & deserves to be experienced by anyone who has a remote interest in pure gameplay experiences :cool:.

Edited by SubZero89

GameTrailers Game Of The Year Awards 2011 Video Game, Best Role-Playing Game HD | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

This.

Dark Souls is clearly the better game IMHO. Skyrim was fun, yeah. Fun in the sense that I flailed my arms madly and everything died, and it was mostly spent travelling from A to B. I actually did enjoy Skyrim, but it wasn't a top 10 game in any sense for me. I suppose it should be noted that I am not an overly big story person, I prefer gameplay to story.

Which is where Dark Souls comes in. Graphics which decimate anything else I've experienced, including Skyrim by far. Controls which are satisfyingly perfect. Combat which is horrificly hard, but gives you a great sense of gratification when you complete it.

Originality is a huge aspect of these games. I played through Oblivion and Fallout, and I felt like Skyrim was just another game. Yeah, it had a new story, and new enemies, and I am glad I played it, but it was just another game. Dark Souls was highly original. Even if you played Demon's Souls, and loved it, like I did, you still have a great challenge from Dark Souls, and everything is new and exciting.

I really don't see much competition between these games. Skyrim is a rehash, there really isn't much debate there, so it is placing a re-skinned Oblivion vs. the most gorgeous, innovative, difficult game on the market.

Before anyone bashes, know that I have platinumed Skyrim and not Dark Souls. I plan to go back and get the platinum, but it is a real challenge, and will take a LONG time, even though I have beaten the game once over, so I have been putting it off.

i have platinum in both.

both games are great. i prefer dark souls, because it's the incredible atmosphere and design that stands out. everything is just so cleverly designed, from the bosses to the dangers in the world.

skyrim is more about quantity, dark souls more about quality gameplay-wise.

Edited by Jaytech

I haven't played Dark Souls but if it's anything like Demon's Souls then I vote for that. On PS3, Dark Souls obviously wins hands down due to the crippling lag and bugs of Skyrim. If you were comparing against the Xbox or PC version of Skyrim then it'd be closer, still I'd go for Demon's/Dark Souls though.

I voted Dark Souls. Have the plat. On the other hand, I haven't played Skyrim yet. The graphics don't look that great and the bugs don't give me the lust to buy it. I'll get it one day eventually.

But why do I love Dark Souls so much? It's got everything I need. It has awesome graphics and atmosphere. The animations for each weapon is so great and unique. The fact that you die if you play careless. We also have the multiplayer which is well build into the singleplayer. You can easy switch between SP and MP when you feel for it. The MP gives long playtime for the game. :)

Bethesda used to make the best RPG's out there until they took an arrow to the knee. Ok stupid joke aside i have to say that Dark Souls is far superior as it has the best gameplay of any current gen game and really got me addicted.

I tried playing Skyrim on the PC but i got bored really quick so i never got to finish it, which is why i have to say that Dark Souls is much better even though i know that it's not for everyone because of its difficulty but it certainly is a great game for those that can handle it.