XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > >

View Poll Results: Skyrim VS Dark Souls, Ur Preference?
Skyrim 17 51.52%
Dark Souls 16 48.48%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #1
SubZero89

Default Skyrim VS Dark Souls

Both amazing games in their own way, but which do you prefer? Contrary to widespread public popularity I personally prefer Dark Souls because Iv never played a game as unique, let alone any other RPG. I base that opinion on what I find a more satisfactory experience & nothing to do with Skyrims infamous technical issues .

Even without technical issues I would say Skyrim has its awesome moments (for instance its epic kill sequences) but for the most part its very boring. Dark Souls is visceral & engaging from start to finish & deserves to be experienced by anyone who has a remote interest in pure gameplay experiences .

Last edited by SubZero89; 03-05-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #2
Harry94_
Events Director

Awards Showcase THL Season 7 - Blackout   Staff - Events Director   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Guide Supplement Silver   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades
Total Awards: 25 (more» ...)

Skyrim, I prefer the gameplay and the general feel of the game.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:48 AM   #3
dante_kinkade

Send a message via AIM to dante_kinkade

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I'm a hardcore rpg fan, but neither interest me enough to play them.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:57 AM   #4
felly777

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   First PS4 Game Nights   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)

Skyrim gets my vote any day of the week its by far my favourite rpg game, only ff7 comes close to it for me

Old 03-05-2012, 11:58 AM   #5
Saldor

Send a message via Skype™ to Saldor

I've played both and I much preferred Skyrim because it felt less restricted.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #6
purifico

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Skyrim is a piece of shit indistinguishable from the previous Bethesda games. Hence - Dark Souls.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #7
NovaSD

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

I prefer Skyrim, but I enjoyed both games.

The open world where you can do almost anything is what appeals to me more, but the combat in Dark Souls is much better.

Currently playing: Pier Solar and the Great Architects
Latest : Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars
Old 03-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #8
Pabs_85

Awards Showcase The Silver Lining   Bronze Submission   2,500 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Love them both.

Both unique games

"Let my earth shattering super ninjutsu burn into your retinas!!" - Naruto Shippuden
Old 03-05-2012, 01:30 PM   #9
DKsDragon

Awards Showcase Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Road Map Submitter   1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

GameTrailers Game Of The Year Awards 2011 Video Game, Best Role-Playing Game HD | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

This.

Dark Souls is clearly the better game IMHO. Skyrim was fun, yeah. Fun in the sense that I flailed my arms madly and everything died, and it was mostly spent travelling from A to B. I actually did enjoy Skyrim, but it wasn't a top 10 game in any sense for me. I suppose it should be noted that I am not an overly big story person, I prefer gameplay to story.

Which is where Dark Souls comes in. Graphics which decimate anything else I've experienced, including Skyrim by far. Controls which are satisfyingly perfect. Combat which is horrificly hard, but gives you a great sense of gratification when you complete it.

Originality is a huge aspect of these games. I played through Oblivion and Fallout, and I felt like Skyrim was just another game. Yeah, it had a new story, and new enemies, and I am glad I played it, but it was just another game. Dark Souls was highly original. Even if you played Demon's Souls, and loved it, like I did, you still have a great challenge from Dark Souls, and everything is new and exciting.

I really don't see much competition between these games. Skyrim is a rehash, there really isn't much debate there, so it is placing a re-skinned Oblivion vs. the most gorgeous, innovative, difficult game on the market.

Before anyone bashes, know that I have platinumed Skyrim and not Dark Souls. I plan to go back and get the platinum, but it is a real challenge, and will take a LONG time, even though I have beaten the game once over, so I have been putting it off.

Proud trophy guide writer of:
Jak and Daxter | Jak 3 | Shoot Many Robots | Warp | I am Alive | World Gone Sour
Of Orcs and Men | Nikoli's Sudoku V | God Mode | OMG HD Zombies!
Links removed because BB coding is silly long. And signatures don't like that.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:34 PM   #10
Jaytech

Awards Showcase The Silver Lining   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

i have platinum in both.

both games are great. i prefer dark souls, because it's the incredible atmosphere and design that stands out. everything is just so cleverly designed, from the bosses to the dangers in the world.

skyrim is more about quantity, dark souls more about quality gameplay-wise.

Last edited by Jaytech; 03-05-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
dark souls, games, ps3, skyrim, trophy