10 good platinums or 30 easy platinums?

ForceGrip86

I'm not a platinum trophy hunter myself, only having got 7 platinums none of which are that challenging. But, I was just wondering for those of you who do go for those trophies which you prefer.

If you had the choice, would you rather have a smallish collection of platinums from genuinely challenging games or a boat load of really easy ones. I only ask because my friend has like 80 platinums, but they are pretty much all for games like Megamind, Up, Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs and those sort of kid-friendly easy to play games. And he is genuinely proud of the fact that he has platinumed them all.

I personally think a small set of say 20 platinums on challenging games is more impressive. What do you think?

I have a few hard but alot easy lol, at then end of the day i dont care what people think of my trophies i just want 100 plats, and at some point you run out of games that are 'hard' as there are many more easy plats out there.

I personally have platted alot of kiddie games but they were brought for my kids, i just feel the need to finish them off for the easy plat lol.

If you keep going for the 'hard' plats you will never get alot of plats and probably miss out on a few good games that are easy but often not brought up in the 'easy' plat disscusion like uncharted series, god of wars etc

Not trying to mock the OP specifically - but look! Another quality vs quantity, kiddie-game thread!

I'll just throw out that I enjoy the kiddie games. Cloudy with Meatballs and Toy Story 3 are good. Had fun with MySimSkyheroes. So it's not an either/or - there's always the third option: I just go with what interests me (or what I think might interest me) and what ends up in the cheap bin.

Both of those feats take dedication and willpower to achieve. I personally prefer having 20 hard platinums because it takes more skill and it's more impressive, than having 50 easy ones. In the end I don't care, do whatever makes you happy: If you want to hoard trophies that's fine with me, if you want to play only games you like for trophies that's fine with me and if you want to play only very challenging games that's all fine with me.

I'd rather have the 10 difficult platinums over 30 easy ones. Yet, the difficulty of the platinum has very little bearing on my gaming selections. More often than not, I pick up a title that interests me and then go for the platinum to squeeze every last penny out of the purchase.

In some cases (such as Brink) the title sucks, but I'll pick up the platinum because I don't want the purchase to be a complete waste (and Brink was pretty easy). On the other hand, I purchased Modnation, which I'd consider a kiddy game and enjoyed it immensely. I'd consider the platinum for that moderately difficult (more time consuming than anything).

In the end, its all about what you enjoy though. If you enjoy the challenge of getting 5-10 platinums in a month, then more power to you. The same goes if you enjoy spending two months toward one platinum or simply enjoy a game without any interest in the platinum.

I myself prefer time consuming (100h+) plats. It doesn't matter if the plats are hard or easy. I just want them to be long and tedious enough so I can multitask while getting them. However, I often buy short and easy games to boost my level since they get the job done more effectively than my favorites. So I think a mix of hard and easy plat collection is the best.

Hard platinums. I much prefer a challenge, to have to go out of my way to earn certain trophies, unlock most of the "easy" platinums which rarely require you to do anything beyond the story for platinum. Also, harder platinums generally equal longer platinums, meaning more longevity, meaning me paying less on games :D

I go for both. The truth is there are just not enough good games out there. So when I am out of new good release big title games, I go for a few easy platinums.

But I want to point out. Easy platinums do not guarantee getting them is easy. They are easy only if you enjoy playing on some level. Plat a game that you absolutely hate is 10 times more difficult than plat a good challenging game that you enjoy. My opinion.

Edited by YokA_sun

I dont really mind about the difficulty of the platinum, just if it's within reason then i'll try to get it. This means that i'll buy a game that looks fun then kick myself later when its not and i still want to platinum it. but i dont mind, i usually end up meeting a lot of good people if playing an online game and enjoy the challenge. What i dont like is repetative gameplay which i dont even get to meet new people on. The worst kind being the repetative gameplay where you are forced to focus on the game (as opposed to being able to watch tv shows for example) in case of losing progress.

but anyway, 10 hard plats are better than 50 easy ones. im currently on 50 plats and none are "kids" plats, only a few are really easy and quite a lot of them are either pretty hard, or long (or both) so i'm quite proud of my list.

I'm happy that 10 of my plats have been good games that I thoroughly enjoyed. The 5 "easy plats" I have were days when I was bored and had nothing else to really play so I rented something for her to play but also for the sole purpose of trophies after she went to bed. :cool:

Edited by felatio