Help me clear out my Trophy Pile Of Shame

MikeMan54

so despite the fact there are quite a few of AAA titles out. This is acutally my "draught period". I stopped buying new games, because being an openly avid gamer who has a birthday in december = my friends and family tend to buy me all the games as present. But this is off topic.

Recently i have started going back to some of my older games and trying to mop up some Trophies / get some replayability out of them. The problem? I have way to many to choose from. this is where you guys come in. Help me choose what game to play

My Trophy Pile Of Shame is as follows:

AC: Brotherhood (87% - online)

Aliens vs Predator (28%)

Army Of Two: The 40th Day (22%)

Batman Arkham Asylum (88% - damn combat challanges)

Bionic Commando (88% - Hard & Commando)

Call of Juarez: The Cartel (27%)

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 (37%)

Darksiders (21%)

Dead Rising 2 (53%)

Dragon Age Origins (65%)

Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 (18%)

Final Fantasy XIII (59%)

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (30%)

Mass Effect 2 (82%)

Mercenaries 2: World In Flames (41%)

Midnight Club: Los Angeles (17%)

Modern Warfare 2 (78% - Spec Ops)

NFS Undercover (24%)

Prince Of Persia HD Trilogy (Various percents)

Red Dead Redemption(85% - online)

Red Faction: Armageddon (1%)

Red Faction: Guerilla (24%)

Resident Evil 5 (70%)

Resistance 2 (50%)

UFC 2009 Undisputed (72%)

Uncharted 2 (71%)

WET (42%)

WWE All Stars (38%)

WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011 (63%)

all % are for the core game and are based on my XMB. i am missing patches, so my % may differ from the actual %

Edited by MikeMan54

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, goddamn you have a huge backlog dude! :eek:

Now that that's out of the way, I'll seperate this into three categories: go for plat (in order of what you should), ignore, and can't comment.

Go for the platinum: 1. red faction guerrilla (long boosting time/playing ahead of you for online and single player trophies, but altogether fun game and one that is still in my backlog) 2. MW2 3. AC:B 4. dante's inferno 5. darksiders 6. dragon age 7. resident evil 5 8. red faction armageddon 9. batman 10. uc2 11. wet

Ignore: army of two, command and conquer, ff13, marvel ultimate alliance, mercenaries 2, and resistance 2.

Cant comment: avp, bionic commando, call of juarez, dead rising 2, midnight club, nfs undercover, pop, ufc, and wwe

These are my opinions on what you should do, it's obvious there is no way you're going to finish all of them anytime soon (a couple i don't think are even possible now) so good luck with whatever you decide to do.

First of all, goddamn you have a huge backlog dude! :eek:

yeah i have a habit of playing a game for a few days, then putting it down and never coming back to it. + social life stops me from sitting at home and finishing everything i play. But im slowly working through my backlog. (platted inFamous last night)

This is why i need you guys help. i sit there and look at all my games and im like "oh god how am i ever going to finish these... where do i even start"

Boost the online trophies in MK vs DC Universe with me, it has to be done with another aussie, then platinum the game.:D

haha sure :)

Do you enjoy all of those games? Work on the stuff you enjoy first, I guess.

If you want me to name games, I guess Dante (you said 88%, but only 84%-ish is needed for the plat - are you working on DLC? If so, maybe not), DAO, Darksiders. You're probably down to the long grindy stuff in FF13, so YMMV with that.

The only one that I know isn't very good is NFS:UC - glitchy, horrible "story".

EDIT: Dante is 73% - just need the Virgil commentaries and an arena battle for the plat.

Edited by Stork77

Do you enjoy all of those games? Work on the stuff you enjoy first, I guess.

If you want me to name games, I guess Dante (you said 88%, but only 84%-ish is needed for the plat - are you working on DLC? If so, maybe not), DAO, Darksiders. You're probably down to the long grindy stuff in FF13, so YMMV with that.

The only one that I know isn't very good is NFS:UC - glitchy, horrible "story".

EDIT: Dante is 73% - just need the Virgil commentaries and an arena battle for the plat.

dumb question, but what is "YMMV" ?

As for Dante's. I haven't downloaded the patch so my PS3 still shows me the pree DLC % which is 88. im currently on my 4th Dante's playthrough. i swear every time i have gotten all the Virgil commentaries but i never get the Trophy. I'll just keep trying i guess

Edited by MikeMan54

dumb question, but what is "YMMV" ?

As for Dante's. I haven't downloaded the patch so my PS3 still shows me the pree DLC % which is 88. im currently on my 4th Dante's playthrough. i swear every time i have gotten all the Virgil commentaries but i never get the Trophy. I'll just keep trying i guess

Your Mileage May Vary. In this case, you may or may not be willing to do all the CP and gil grinding for FFXIII's plat.

FOUR playthroughs? Ouch!

EDIT: do you talk to Virgil once at each spot or keep talking to him until he stops talking to you?

Edited by Stork77

Your Mileage May Vary. In this case, you may or may not be willing to do all the CP and gil grinding for FFXIII's plat.

FOUR playthroughs? Ouch!

I've pree much maxed out every charcter on the Crystarium, just need to grind gil and get all the weapons and items + upgrades. Yeah, not really looking foward to that. But i will get around to it eventually.

Yeah 4 playthroughs of this mediocre game. first time just ran through enjoying the game as unholy, 2nd time, as holy going for all the collectables and maxing everything. no Virgil commentaries so i did a 3rd. made sure to talk to him until he dissapeared. No Trophy again, so im hoping 4th time is the charm...

But thats getting off topic

I recommend boosting the games with online, it may take a while but its what im trying to do so i can plat my games whenever i want with no time restrictions.

U have 88% in dantes inferno, plats at 83%?

Get ur last uncharted 2 trophy for plat, then ACB. Basically finish the ones ur closest to.

FOUR playthroughs? Ouch!

EDIT: do you talk to Virgil once at each spot or keep talking to him until he stops talking to you?

By mistake only talked to him 1nce. Only at the end of the game i realised you had to keep talking to him but still got the trophy. 1.5 playthroughs.

Edited by Johnny Bananas
Merge; Please use the edit button

I agree with scruffy in finishing the ones you are closest to completing. Dante's inferno 4 playthroughs-ouch. Then the easiest ones to bump that count and any online boost just hit the boosting threads associated with that particular game as there will be many others in the same position.

Start with the lowest % games and work them up to a good level (~70% if the game is ok, 90%-100% if the game is easy or spectacularly good).

From personal experience, have only played NFS: Undercover and Modern Warfare 2 out of your list but both of them are great.

Given that you are on a low % for NFS and the plat is relatively easy, I'd say do that first unless something else is easier?

If I were you, I'd get the higher percentages platted and out of the way unless they require a substantial amount of grinding to do. If that's the case, work on a game or two at the same time. One grind fest and one easy, quick game. You'll probably get them done much faster this way.

This is one of the things i love about this site. Users are always willing to give advice and help each other.

I'll take all your advice into consideration and work out a list of which order i'll play them in.

Almost done Dante's Inferno. I can't wait till i never have to play this game again. Then i'll probably do some online Trophies, so i don't have to worry about the community being dead or severs being shut down, then i'll finish the offline at a later date.

EDIT: scratch that. gone over my download limit, which explains my internet has been laggy lately. Im going to have to stick to offline Trophies for the next month :eek:

Edited by MikeMan54

Red Faction: Armageddon is a fun game and not to hard on Insane.

Red Faction: Guerilla is a pain in the ass for the 250 online wins and 5000 kills.

Prince Of Persia HD Trilogy: The sands of time needs 1 play. The other require 3 :(

Just finish Dante first, than you don't ever need to look at that game again ;)

Most of the times I go for the online trophies first, so they are out of the way.

And welcome to the club of people with huge backlogs :applause:

Red Faction: Armageddon is a fun game and not to hard on Insane.

Red Faction: Guerilla is a pain in the ass for the 250 online wins and 5000 kills.

Prince Of Persia HD Trilogy: The sands of time needs 1 play. The other require 3 :(

Just finish Dante first, than you don't ever need to look at that game again ;)

Most of the times I go for the online trophies first, so they are out of the way.

And welcome to the club of people with huge backlogs :applause:

surprising isn't it. considering this is a site for Trophy Hunters and most are completionists

My advice is to at all costs skip Aliens vs. Predator. I totally gave up on Platting in not because it's quite tough to beat the hardest modes (as this is something that could be done with patience and practice) but because of the terrible nearly multiplayer trophies. You've got better games on you list than that one to focus on so just ignore it.

What you should do though is Arkham Asylum because no matter how tough the challanges are, they still are doable with patience and practice. If you still struggle watch some youtube video as some can be a real eye opener as to how far you can take the freelow combo system.

Also Darksiders is an easy Plat and same goes for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. The latter I would only recommend though to play with friends locally as this is IMO the way the game is supposed to be played (and also the only reason why I bought it). If you play with 3 friends locally you actually appreciate the quality of the game because it's a shitload of fun then.

Army of Two, I would also ditch on the other hand. The King of the Hill multiplayer trophy is quite a pain to boost. I got it but it's a really terrible way to get there thanks to results not registering once host leaves (which unfortunally happens too often).

Edited by Ivotas

Get to Darksiders and Marvel Ultimate Alliance - those two games rock. But if you're a 100% freak, then be warned that MUA2 can not be 100% as of now (I think) as its DLC was taken off of PSN.

A practical advice would be to finish old games that have multiplayer trophies first (Uncharted 2, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood etc.) - who knows when the servers will be shut down and you will be locked out of a Platinum

Edited by purifico