XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > >

Old 06-25-2011, 02:26 AM   #21
MegaHentai

Awards Showcase Bronze Road Map Submitter   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Community Gaming Event Bronze   2,500 Posts   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbaLaBamba View Post
Okay so I'm going shopping tonight and seeing how much I can trade in Brink for, but in return I'm looking for some good games for the PS3. I would like to say exclusives are priority here above all else but anyone can suggest anything for me. I like everything except RPG's and some sports tittles, not a major fan of those.

...Looking for something possibly with a deep and or long storyline that isn't going to cost me an arm and a leg (i.e anything near RRP price of 39.99!) Cheap and cheerful I would say. Thank you in advance!
The God of War trilogy fits all but the "cheerful" part. If you do want something cheerful, on the other hand...

...that's your answer.
MegaHentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 03:00 AM   #22
Stork77

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbaLaBamba View Post
Okay so I'm going shopping tonight and seeing how much I can trade in Brink for, but in return I'm looking for some good games for the PS3. I would like to say exclusives are priority here above all else but anyone can suggest anything for me. I like everything except RPG's and some sports tittles, not a major fan of those.

Looking for something possibly with a deep and or long storyline that isn't going to cost me an arm and a leg (i.e anything near RRP price of 39.99!) Cheap and cheerful I would say. Thank you in advance!
I know you said no RPG's, but I highly recommend Nier (ARPG, so it's basically a hack and slash with exp and levels). Lovely story, great characters, memorable music. Can get it on the cheap for $20. 15hr speed run trophy, but the plat is around 50hrs (if you grind for materials to upgrade all your weapons which is in no way necessary to beat any bosses).

If you want to know if you'd be interested in the story, its set and told on a very small scale, focusing on a father trying to find a cure for his sick daughter. There are global implications for his actions but it stays focused on the main five characters and a handful of NPC's.

Last edited by Stork77; 06-25-2011 at 03:03 AM.
Stork77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 03:50 AM   #23
Salvation

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

I was wondering if anyone can give me an answer to this, preferably someone who has played both of these games. Im in need of a new summer game to invest in, and Ive had my mind set on either F3AR or Shadows of the Damned. I was looking for the game that would give me most out of its retail value, meaning trophy wise and actual content wise.

If anyone can give me an awnser that would be great, I just want to make sure Im making the right choice, and please tell me if neither of them are worth the money, dont want to go throw $70.00 down the drain.

Salvation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:54 AM   #24
mattybell2117

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvation View Post
I was wondering if anyone can give me an answer to this, preferably someone who has played both of these games. Im in need of a new summer game to invest in, and Ive had my mind set on either F3AR or Shadows of the Damned. I was looking for the game that would give me most out of its retail value, meaning trophy wise and actual content wise.

If anyone can give me an awnser that would be great, I just want to make sure Im making the right choice, and please tell me if neither of them are worth the money, dont want to go throw $70.00 down the drain.
I've looked into both these games and I had a huge paragraph typed out but my comp fucked up so here's the short version.

Shadows of the Damned. Twisted, crazy game. Definitely unique. Next to no replay value after you finish it.

F3AR. Scary, fun. An upgrade from Fear 2 which was also good. Has an online so you could play that when you're done.

Both worth a play but if you're going to buy a game F3AR has the most replay value. I think I'm going to rent Shadows of the Damned myself.

My First Guide: MX vs ATV Trophy Guide and Roadmap
mattybell2117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 05:10 AM   #25
Salvation

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattybell2117 View Post
I've looked into both these games and I had a huge paragraph typed out but my comp fucked up so here's the short version.

Shadows of the Damned. Twisted, crazy game. Definitely unique. Next to no replay value after you finish it.

F3AR. Scary, fun. An upgrade from Fear 2 which was also good. Has an online so you could play that when you're done.

Both worth a play but if you're going to buy a game F3AR has the most replay value. I think I'm going to rent Shadows of the Damned myself.
Thanks, I've looked into both aswell and I am kind of leaning towards F3AR. Shadows of the Damned looks good, but theres too many small problems with it that I know will bother me (The way he runs, voice acting and apparently the large ammount of awkward penis jokes) F3AR on the other hand looks alot like the second, although after some reading its said to be worse than the first two. I've also read that the graphics are dated but I didnt see a problem when watching gameplay.

Salvation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:34 PM   #26
Redikol

Quote:
Originally Posted by purifico View Post
Short answer: no.
Long answer: HELL NOOO!!!
Don't be fooled by its visual likeness to FF12. It's nothing like that. FF12's world exploration and battle mechanics are a gem, this one's - a steaming pile of horse poo.
The problem here is, the comparison to FF XII. Ofcourse, it's not as good as FF XII, but it is definitely a fun RPG. It's got an MMO feel to it's Battle System, that i don't prefer personally, but it's not a bad game, by a long shot. If you don't wanna shell out the $60 right away, just wait until it goes down in price.
Redikol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:49 PM   #27
D3r3ckJ3t3r
Banned

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

My parents are getting me 2 games becuase of my good grades. I will probbaly get MLB11 the show and smething else. Prefferably a game with online. Any recomendations?
D3r3ckJ3t3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:51 PM   #28
Ed-_-

Awards Showcase First PS4 Game Nights   Member of the Month Winner   Community Gaming Event Gold   Bronzer Than Nothing   Jack of All Trades   Helping Hand   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   5,000 Posts   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Silver Trophy Guide Submitter   Bronze Road Map Submitter
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3r3ckJ3t3r View Post
My parents are getting me 2 games becuase of my good grades. I will probbaly get MLB11 the show and smething else. Prefferably a game with online. Any recomendations?
KZ3 has a great online in my opinion
Old 06-26-2011, 09:54 PM   #29
GnohtGirl
Banned

You should get MGS series, but the only problem is... Its not out yet.
GnohtGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:31 AM   #30
Redikol

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3r3ckJ3t3r View Post
Transformers: War for Cybertron! It has a great SP as well as a great MP! On top of that, they are doing a permanent 5 times faster XP boost on Monday.

I don't Play with a Mic, That's just the way I roll.
Redikol is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
easy platnium, easy platniums, fun, ps3 1000gb