Platinums that Only Require Offline Trophies (PS3)

stgermain

If you would like to leave any comments, any praise, or there is a game not listed, and you are not a member of the site, click here to register!

If you are looking for PSN 100% that only require offline trophies, please refer to this thread. This list only includes PS3 games. For Vita games, check this thread. For PS4 games, check this thread.

First, I want to thank Cauchy for originally maintaining the original thread. He has given me explicit permission to take over his thread. Like Cauchy, I hate online trophies with the passion of a billion burning suns, so this is why I want to continue maintaining the list. Let me know if the list is incorrect or if you know of any games to be added, and I'll update this thread.

• This list does not factor in DLC trophies. There are some games on the list that have online trophies (via their DLC). Since these do not count towards obtaining the platinum, the game remains on the list.
  • This list only includes those games that appear in the "Retail Games" section of this site. Specifically, this list does not include the games listed in the "Japanese Games" section. Of course, this list will not include PSN titles that do not have a platinum trophy.
  • All titles have a forum link, unless otherwise specified. Just click on the title and your browser should open up the game's forum.
  • "(Patched)" will follow titles that have been patched to include trophies. Such games will require an internet connection to download the patch.
  • "(Special notes)" will follow titles that have some remarks that may be of interest. The remarks are listed after the list and are ordered alphabetically by game title.
  • "(PSN download)" will follow titles that are only available off the PSN. Note some games may be available for specific regions and this will not be indicated.
  • "(Co-op)" and "(Multiplayer)" will follow titles that have offline and online co-op or multiplayer. Such games will require a second controller to platinum offline, or an online partner.
  • Games that require Move will have this icon :move: following the title.
  • Any games that require peripherals to platinum will be noted following the title.

Offline Platinum List

(#'s, A - B)

Edited by stgermain
  • Like 1

(C - F)

Edited by stgermain

(G - L)

Edited by stgermain

(M - P)

Edited by stgermain

(R - S)

Edited by stgermain

(T)

Edited by stgermain

Special Notes

This section will be used to provide any information that is deemed pertinent. Information will be sorted alphabetically, by game title.

• Afrika: Only the NA version of this game has trophies. The Asian/Japan version, called "Hakuna Matata", doesn't have trophies.
  • Back to the Future: The Game: Only the disc version, which has all episodes, has a platinum trophy. The episodes from the PS Store each have an individual trophy list with no platinum trophy.
  • Fallout 3: The "Game of the Year" edition and regular versions do not have separate trophy list. That said, the GotY edition does not require a patch.
  • Game of Thrones (Telltale): The retail version of this game only contains five episodes on disk. The sixth episode must be downloaded.
  • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas: This is the retail version of the game released in late 2015. The PS2 Classic version previously in the PSN Store doesn't have trophies.
  • Just Cause 2: One of the trophies in this game requires that you drive all 104 vehicles at least once. However, there is a glitch whereby one of the vehicles never spawns. The developers have since released a patch to fix this. Moreover, one can download vehicles off of the PSN to meet the trophy's criteria, but either work-around requires an internet connection.
  • Medal of Honor: Frontline: This game is offered as a bonus feature on the limited edition version of the new Medal of Honor game. It is also downloadable from the PS Store
  • Need for Speed: Shift: This is another situation in which getting the platinum offline is substantially more difficult if you play exclusively offline. The reason is that to get the required number of badges offline, you have to do some pretty tough stuff, whereas getting some of the online badges isn't that hard at all (especially if you boost).
  • Record of Agarest War: This game only has trophies for the US version, which is only on PSN. The disc based European and Japanese versions do not have trophies.
  • Star Wars The Force Unleashed: The "Ultimate Sith Edition" does not require a patch, but it still shares the same trophy list as the regular edition.
  • The Eye of Judgment: To get the platinum in this game, you must buy the Set 2 and Set 3 deck of cards from PSN. This is a very rare case of a game that requires paid DLC in order to platinum.
  • Tomb Raider Underworld: The version included with the trilogy does not require a patch unlike the stand alone version. Both games, however, share the same trophy list (but the Japanese standalone version has its own list and requires a patch).

Edited by stgermain

I want to see somebody plat ngs2 during the psn outage

Impossible to plat with A.I. partner

Impossible unless they have the elusive gold.

*Thread Stuck*

Thanks for continuing this thread and to Cauchy for his previous work. Let myself or another Mod know if you ever need additional posts.

Lol what?

For Tomb Raider: Underworld if you have the Trilogy Edition then the trophies are on the disc, so no patch download is needed.

Thank you for your input. I figured that it would have the trophies on the disc, but I wanted confirmation. I have updated the special notes to include this.