Telltale Working on a Game of Thrones Game?

Satnamji

YES, PLEASE!

Just a rumor and no word on possible platforms in this article, but given the history of this developer, I assume some Playstation ones will be involved:

IGN has learned from multiple sources that Telltale Games is developing a game based on George R.R. Martin’s Game of Thrones.

It’s worth noting that, while “Game of Thrones” is the title of HBO’s series based on Martin’s books, the series itself is actually known as A Song of Ice and Fire, and the first book is titled Game of Thrones. It’s currently unclear what title Telltale will be using for its game, and whether the storyline will be based on the show, books, or something entirely new.

We reached out to Telltale and received the following statement from Steve Allison, SVP of Publishing:

“We get these sorts of rumors about what we could be working on next cropping up all the time. Officially we have no comment.”

Source and full article.

GoT is one of the best shows ever made and Telltale are some of the best storytellers in gaming so this sounds awesome!

And yeah, it doesn't seem likely at all that they'd recreate the story from the books/show so they'll probably do what they did with TWD and create a new one with new characters. I can see them maybe using some minor characters as well, but probably not the main ones.

I LOVE Game of Thrones and I LOVE Telltale's Walking Dead (it was my personal 2012 GOTY and it's gotten 3 playthroughs out of me), but am I the only one who thinks this pairing might not work the way we hope? I guess I'm not sure if GOT and point-and-click will mesh well enough, but a great story will make up for that.

But I have faith in Telltale and will really be looking forward to this!

• 2 weeks later...

Telltale’s Game of Thrones, Hello Studios’ No Man’s Sky leaked during accidental VGX rehearsals broadcast - Gematsu

Someone at Spike TV made a boo boo. For a short amount of time, rehearsals for tonight’s VGX awards were being broadcast live via GameTrailers’ live player. The broadcast has since been put to an end, but not before two announcements escaped.

First, Telltale Games is making a Game of Thrones game based on the book series.