PS3 release date...?

zeociko

It's already out on 360, released June 29. But there's no talk of PS3 dates anywhere, all I could find was vague "TBA".

If Pacman Championship Edition DX was any indication (Nov 17 2010 on 360, Nov 23 2010 on PS3), it could realistically be out next week. If not, it could be as little as the week after or as long as a year or more due to some unsaid timed exclusivity.

It may not be coming until the JP Store is back up.

There was an update to the Namco Generations news page you can view through Pac-man CE DX on the PS3. It says sorry that the game's not out yet, but they'll have it out soon, they hope. Also, no updates to Namco Generations news page until Galaga Legions DX PS3 is out.

Sounds to me like they thought it would come out by now, but didn't happen. I imagine it could be related to the PSN outage...

This game is not coming out on PSN because as a Japanese game from a Japanese company they do not want to release it before the Japanese audience can get it. Since the Playstation Store is STILL down in Japan, Namco has decided to release it on XBLA only, until the Store is back in Japan. Everyone suffers for the sins of a few.

I'm saying that in this case the Japanese company does not want to release it at all if they cannot release it in Japan at the same time or first. The company being Namco Bandai. It's not a rule or anything, it just depends on the company!

Thanks to the posters on NeoGAF forum for the tips.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426562&page=2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The Drop: Week of August 1st 2011 New Releases – PlayStation Blog

It's coming this week! I'm totally psyched... can't say I've been waiting "FOREVER" for it, since I didn't know it existed until I snagged Pac-Man during the sale a couple of weeks ago, but I'm definitely looking forward to it!

Finally! I was starting to worry that this might have become a 360 exclusive or something. Glad to see it's finally releasing, hopefully it will be an early psn store update.