how does it play out?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Personally I liked it alot. I really only bought it to play coop with a friend since I'm a sucker for coop games. But when he wasn't around I tried it a bit on my own and liked that a lot too. You get to bring two Joes into battle (you choose from a list of characters you've unlocked (starting with two)). While playing you can switch back and forth between these two as much as you like until you die (the CPU is seemingly unable to die which is great if you're in a jam and're getting shot to bits. Just change character and the CPU will take your heat will you play with full health on the other Joe (but that of course doesn't stop the enemies firing at the one you're now controlling). Once dead you'll naturally only be able to play as the remaining Joe.

I did have some trouble with completing a few missions (and I haven't finished the game yet) on the middle difficulty so going for the hardest one could require some patience and I was on my way in here to check the platinum difficulty as this is a game that I might considering playing. But if you're able to pick up this game for around $20 / £15 I'd give it a go ahead. Just make sure you check out an ingame video to see if this is anything for you.