How To Get Unlimited Chips for Guaranteed Master Agent Trophy

KuRaNoKi

Master Agent - Fully upgraded character with all possible weapons and upgrades

Forget that only use your whip stuff. I used my whip on nearly every enemy, searched every room and if I hadn't done what I'm about to describe I would've come up 500 chips short.

While playing the game I discovered 2 ways to get Unlimited Chips so you can guarantee your gonna have enough.

Unlimited Chips 1:

In the level Saber Mansion: Exfiltration you will have to rescue Blaster from the elevator by activating a terminal so the swat team can take out the shreddar trapping him. There will be a timer at the top of the screen. Go into the next room kill the 3 optical mice and get the chips they drop. Then go through the vent into the next room. Kill the 3 optical mice and a blender then get the chips they drop. Next get the chips in each corner of the room then go through the vent into the next room and get the chips in each corner of the room. Now do not activate the terminal just let the timer run out. You will keep all the chips you got and will be able to do it all over again. Although you lose a life when the timer runs out technically you didn't die so that is why you get to keep any chips you obtained. When you get to your last life get killed immediately and continue. The reason you want to kill yourself on your last life is because you won't keep the chips obtained on your last life. Thanks to unlimited continues you can do this over and over to get as many chips as you want.

Unlimited Chips 2:

Do not buy the Nanohacker. When you get to the level with all the vacuums where you need to get the Nanohacker v2. After you pickup the Gold Data Disc for the Nanohacker v2 if you have under 1700 chips (the price of the Nanohacker) saber optical mice will endlessly come out of the vent near the kiosk until you have 1700 chips. So this is useful if all the stuff you need to buy is 1700 chips or less. Just upgrade all your stuff and then buy the Nanohacker. Once you buy the Nanohacker the mice will continuously come out until you have 700 chips the price for the Nanohacker v2 upgrade. As soon as you buy the Nanohacker v2 upgrade they will stop coming out.

I personally didnt use the second method (I used the first method) to upgrade my weapons so it may require further testing to make sure it's actually useful.

Edited by KuRaNoKi

dam I am past the first suggestion and I bought the nano hacker. I will see if I can spend all my money and get the mouse spawning constantly at the second point anyway. 700 to upgrade to V2... at least that allows all of the ammo upgrades.

If this works you are my hero :dance:

I just realised, infinite mice = infinite chips = constant supply of ammo. At the second point you could in theory farm all your weapons you have so far to pick up the trophies. If like me you were playing a whip only playthrough this will save having to do this in another playthrough. Added to that it will help ensure you hit 80% accuracy.

No idea how far I am from this point but I should reach it tonight and I'll report back on my success or otherwise

Edited by lukey52

I'm afraid I didn't get to use that method. Turned out upgrading to V2 cost 100 only so I could not afford anything. I guess it has to be tested with someone who hasn't got the nanohacker.

Anyway managed to finish the runthrough with just over 3,000 chips spare so playing a whip runthrough works a charm. Another tip is not to buy any weapons that way you won't get random ammo drops when your gun was full anyway, only of the Plasma but that's not as frequent. Also got the 80% Accuracy. Towards the end of the game there is an infinite headphone spawn (when you fall through the floor and are surrounded by satellites) So I just spent 15-20 minutes there using up the ammo in all my guns and I made sure to hit every single shot. That definitely made up the 80%.

Role on speed runthrough :think:

• 3 weeks later...

This is awesome information KuRaNoKi! Definitely worth it to be added to the official guide! Kudos to you for finding this... I'm using the Unlimited Chips version 1 at the moment.. works flawlessly.

I guess now the only thing left for us to find out would be, how many times do we need to repeat version 1, before we are sure we will have more than enough to safely proceed in the game and get to somewhat enjoy it, without having to worry about coming up short.

I'm at 7500 chips at the moment with 3 full 10 life replays. I think I'll stop at 10,000 chips and move on.

Edited by AUSPUFF

Ok so, I've accumulated my 10,000 SaberSense chips and I'm ready to move on with the game. I wanted to be able to take it easy after this ordeal. It took me exactly 49 lifes to gather them and 2h:10m of game time - based on what the 2 save files that I used say. I used the extra time left, before the cut scene triggers the restart, to mindlessly fly around with Mooch, in order to inch away at gathering the 2 killometers of flying. It ended up that I got the G-Force Flyer trophy on my 46th life. Good deal overal, as I knocked 2 trophies out of the way while doing this. [Get 100 kills was 2nd trophy and I'm sure that the 500 kills is very close now too]

Good job once again and thanks!

Edited by AUSPUFF

So I finaly got around to finish my 1st playthrough, got all of the important trophies like all weapon kills, "sharp shooter" and "master agent"! I had at the end about 4000 credits left... And I did buy ammo quite often, plus map Silver CD map in every area.

Thanks for that tip again.I'm sure it saved me a hell of alot of trouble. The extra 3 hours were worth it.

Edited by AUSPUFF

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for these awesome tips. I ended up using the first method and was unable to verify the second. That said, I did come up with a third method that I think is slightly better than the two already listed. There is a checkpoint right before you encounter the satellite barriers for the first time during the Design Offices mission. There are a bunch of boxes right before you drop down and after you drop down there are four mice to kill. Once you collect the chips from the boxes and kill the mice, wait for the satellite barriers squish you. However, this "squish" does not register as a death, and therefore, you keep all your chips just like method one. The reason I think this is better than method one is because the down-time between collecting chips and the squish is only about 5 or 10 seconds, whereas the other method has much longer turn-around time. Either way, cheers again for finding these work-arounds.

• 3 weeks later...
So I finaly got around to finish my 1st playthrough, got all of the important trophies like all weapon kills, "sharp shooter" and "master agent"! I had at the end about 4000 credits left... And I did buy ammo quite often, plus map Silver CD map in every area.

Thanks for that tip again.I'm sure it saved me a hell of alot of trouble. The extra 3 hours were worth it.

Your playthrough sounds almost identical to mine. I spammed Method #1 until I got 10,000 chips and ended the game with approx 3,500 chips to spare after buying all the discs, some ammo and some health.

I agree the extra time taken to spam Method #1 is worth it coz it would take longer if you have to replay the game again if you come up short on chips and also it's not as boring as having to play through the game again;)

Edited by KuRaNoKi

Thanks for these awesome tips. I ended up using the first method and was unable to verify the second. That said, I did come up with a third method that I think is slightly better than the two already listed. There is a checkpoint right before you encounter the satellite barriers for the first time during the Design Offices mission. There are a bunch of boxes right before you drop down and after you drop down there are four mice to kill. Once you collect the chips from the boxes and kill the mice, wait for the satellite barriers squish you. However, this "squish" does not register as a death, and therefore, you keep all your chips just like method one. The reason I think this is better than method one is because the down-time between collecting chips and the squish is only about 5 or 10 seconds, whereas the other method has much longer turn-around time. Either way, cheers again for finding these work-arounds.

Nice find. I don't remember that part and I don't own the game anymore but if it's faster and the chip count is comparable then I guess it's worth trying for people that need the Master Agent Trophy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
If you use the whip method and search you should have 3k-5k over. So if you fell 500 chips short and really used the whip for everything, you obviously did an extremely poor job of searching.

Farming is not a bad idea, but it is not necessary and you just kill a crapload of time.

I can assure you I searched every room and used my whip on every enemy except the last fight. I may have missed some hidden areas but I doubt it was 3-5k worth of chips. To be completely honest with you. I'm not 100% convinced the whip method actually yields more chips. The reason I say this is because I did a few tests and when I used weapons the mobs would drop ammo AND chips. When I used only the whip the mobs would drop the same amount of chips.

Just another thing worth thinking about. Because I farmed and had more chips than I was supposed to maybe the mobs dropped less chips?

Anyways if you want a GUARANTEED way of getting the trophy without having to play through the game more than once my suggestion would be to look at the first post in this thread:)

I am not sure, but I do know some mobs dropped only ammo but they won't drop ammo if you don't need any.

As for being 3-5k off, you definetly missed a few of those really good areas. I don't remember since it has been a while, but a few areas have tons of those high-end chips in it. You miss 2-3 of those areas and you could easily be off.

I know you are saying you explored, but people got the platinum before me and obviously not using the whip method. There is barely enough chips to find and buy everything and thats if you fully explore everything. It is really easy to miss things especially if you don't make it a habit searching each room high and low. :)

Method 2 didn't work. By the time I got there I had enough money to buy everything, even Nanohacker until Nanohacker level 5 and still get a bit from the mice. So at that time, I only needed to buy all remaining upgrades and nanohacker level 6. I missed Master Agent by 1500 points, missing only Nanohacker level 6 at the end and getting every other upgrade. So someone who still had to buy the Nanohacker would come up way short. I did forget to farm the fire extinguishers.

• 2 months later...

Unlimited Chips 1:

In the level Saber Mansion: Exfiltration you will have to rescue Blaster from the elevator by activating a terminal so the swat team can take out the shreddar trapping him. There will be a timer at the top of the screen. Go into the next room kill the 3 optical mice and get the chips they drop. Then go through the vent into the next room. Kill the 3 optical mice and a blender then get the chips they drop. Next get the chips in each corner of the room then go through the vent into the next room and get the chips in each corner of the room. Now do not activate the terminal just let the timer run out. You will keep all the chips you got and will be able to do it all over again. Although you lose a life when the timer runs out technically you didn't die so that is why you get to keep any chips you obtained. When you get to your last life get killed immediately and continue. The reason you want to kill yourself on your last life is because you won't keep the chips obtained on your last life. Thanks to unlimited continues you can do this over and over to get as many chips as you want.

It's my first post on this site so if you could please bare with me.

After having this game for several months sitting upon my shelf knowing the darn 'Master Agent' trophy was almost impossible to earn, I finally decided to tackle this game.

If it wasn't for such useful tips like the methods stated, I don't think many would have obtained this platinum trophy.

I am currently progressing through the game now after earning 10,000 chips on method 1 and 8,000 chips on method 3.

Thank-you for the great tips, 'KuRaNoKi' and 'Cauchy'. ;)

Edited by Universal_Pixars

After having this game for several months sitting upon my shelf knowing the darn 'Master Agent' trophy was almost impossible to earn, I finally decided to tackle this game.

If it wasn't for such useful tips like the methods stated, I don't think many would have obtained this platinum trophy.

I am currently progressing through the game now after earning 10,000 chips on method 1 and 8,000 chips on method 3.

You're welcome and thanks for the shout out.

• 1 month later...

So would u recommend method 3 to be the quickest method?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

if anyone still is reading this. In that one disc guide is it confirmed that every DISC is on there. I know he had missed one originally, and added to his guide. But i swear I got every disc and the trophy didn't pop. I'm going to replay the entire game on easy. As I was going for it on special agent and that just plain sucked!

• 1 month later...

LOL, i used first method, got 6000, third method got me 7000, i collected most of the chips, didnt buy ammo untill last level, and when i bought all upgrades, it left 18 000 credits i didn't need, talk about OVERKILL :-)), but better be safe than sory, so i think if someone is worrying , even if you dont farm and collect most of chips, dont buy maps and ammo you will have more than enough for master agent trophy