Get Master Agent Really Easy

Roughdawg4

Okay so I too fell victim on the first run falling short about 1k chips. I am a true explorer and missing 1,000 is alot since you get chips by 10 and 25.

I played a different way, without farming, and I have now reached 32,000 points and I just reached the FBI Courtyard (Disc#34).

I noticed in my Super Agent game that when I used plasma like crazy, it dropped plasma. So I thought, what if I didn't use any guns and only my whip so my ammo was always full. Well since I don't use ammo (most of the time), I get nothing but chip drops. I should easily have 40,000 by the end of the game and no extra farming is necessary, just try to kill everything with your whip.

These are the only things I didn't kill with my whip (forgive me I don't know names):

The Fans

The machine with the shield and laser

And the 2 big flying machines (one shoots projectiles and the other missles).

Everything else use your whip. And remember you have 10 lives on easy mode so you can afford to die a few times.

Sounds like a good strat. Can this be done and still only have two playthroughs for platinum? It doesn't sound like you could bother with the weapon specific trophies and I don't know if you there would be enough time to kill enough and still complete the game in under 8 hours.

Sounds like a good strat. Can this be done and still only have two playthroughs for platinum? It doesn't sound like you could bother with the weapon specific trophies and I don't know if you there would be enough time to kill enough and still complete the game in under 8 hours.

Probably not, but you might be close. But in another topic I rushed through the game and beat it in 5 hours on master agent, so it is very possible you get the weapons on that walkthrough. Worse case scenario, as soon as you get the trophy kill everything with that weapon and when you get the trophy, reload your save to the point you got the weapon.

• 4 months later...

I posted this in the trophy guide hoping that it would be added to the trophy guide but I decided to also post it here since this thread is specifically for the Master Agent trophy.

Master Agent - Fully upgraded character with all possible weapons and upgrades

Forget that only use your whip stuff. I used my whip on nearly every enemy, searched every room and if I hadn't done what I'm about to describe I would've come up 500 chips short.

While playing the game I discovered 2 ways to get Unlimited Chips so you can guarantee your gonna have enough.

Unlimited Chips 1:

In the level Saber Mansion: Exfiltration you will have to rescue Blaster from the elevator by activating a terminal so the swat team can take out the shreddar trapping him. There will be a timer at the top of the screen. Go into the next room kill the 3 optical mice and get the chips they drop. Then go through the vent into the next room. Kill the 3 optical mice and a blender then get the chips they drop. Next get the chips in each corner of the room then go through the vent into the next room and get the chips in each corner of the room. Now do not activate the terminal just let the timer run out. You will keep all the chips you got and will be able to do it all over again. Although you lose a life when the timer runs out technically you didn't die so that is why you get to keep any chips you obtained. When you get to your last life get killed immediately and continue. The reason you want to kill yourself on your last life is because you won't keep the chips obtained on your last life. Thanks to unlimited continues you can do this over and over to get as many chips as you want.

Unlimited Chips 2:

Do not buy the Nanohacker. When you get to the level with all the vacuums where you need to get the Nanohacker v2. After you pickup the Gold Data Disc for the Nanohacker v2 if you have under 1700 chips (the price of the Nanohacker) saber optical mice will endlessly come out of the vent near the kiosk until you have 1700 chips. So this is useful if all the stuff you need to buy is 1700 chips or less. Just upgrade all your stuff and then buy the Nanohacker. Once you buy the Nanohacker the mice will continuously come out until you have 700 chips the price for the Nanohacker v2 upgrade. As soon as you buy the Nanohacker v2 upgrade they will stop coming out.

I personally didnt use the second method (I used the first method) to upgrade my weapons so it may require further testing to make sure it's actually useful.

Edited by KuRaNoKi

I did not use kuranoki's method.

I did use the "whip method" and I got Master Agent on my first play thru, tho it was CLOSE. In the end I was only 250 chips over, and I thought I was very thorough. I did farm ONLY ONE of the fire extinguishers, so that may be part of it too.

Regardless of the method you use to get it, this trophy is a bitch. Good luck to all who try for it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I just finish my second playthrough on Agent .. but there was to facts there made me realize i havent got enough even i follow guide .. and still not, when i did the first playthrough i was playing on Easy, and was on FBI first mission, when i borrow the game out, but there was a thing i forgot the few month i didnt had the game, when i got it back it was that i actually miss one disc the level before FBI even i still had that save but wasnt think about i had miss one disc there, i save over it. So when i thought i had all 50 disc in 1st playthrough i notice no pop up trophy , and was confused about it, so when i had to start at agent, i was going for both Disc, Superagent and the last weapons trophy only flamethrower ... but because it was agent, i was buying energy and maps to be sure i was going the right way to find the discs .. So now i need to go a third time but i do it on Easy ..

But i know the 2 method, but is there any there have tried to take notes of how many Chips they have after each level with minimum buy of weapon off course .. this would help much.