Master Agent even possible?

trasdeno

I was wondering about this as well...I know that I found one data disc before the Kiosk gave me the map and then that area was off limits after I had the map.

I think there are hidden discs in the game.

I think there may even be discs somewhere in the RDV levels. I love that hamster ball!

I mean the chips, not data disks. You need approx. 31,000 chips to buy everything, but I cannot find enough. I have found all 50 data discs :)

Oh, yeah I was wondering about that.

So you can confirm that the data discs are easy to find with the maps. Are all disks located on the map or are there secret ones?

Now I'm worried about not being able to be able to purchase all the upgrades...I know there was some chips that I missed in the game!

All of them can be seen on the map except for one I believe.

*spoilers possibly*

After you survive the manufacturing of the laundry machine, you are on a conveyer belt where you then take a left into a vent. If you look to the right, there is a machine behind the glass. You can send mooch over the glass and up the right side of the machine (to stay away from the zapper) and pick up the data disk.

:o Sorry if that description was awful, im prtty sure it was.

All of them can be seen on the map except for one I believe.

*spoilers possibly*

After you survive the manufacturing of the laundry machine, you are on a conveyer belt where you then take a left into a vent. If you look to the right, there is a machine behind the glass. You can send mooch over the glass and up the right side of the machine (to stay away from the zapper) and pick up the data disk.

:o Sorry if that description was awful, im prtty sure it was.

That's the one I missed then.

I know the part you mean so the description wasn't that bad. You're talking about the part where the washing machine is being built around Darwin.

So other than that one...all others are visible from the maps?

There's none in the RDV missions?

Actually, there is one right at the beginning of the level "FBI Forensics". You get it before the map is available and cannot backtrack.

When you are on top of an elevator car, send mooch high up through a vent.

I think those 2 are the only ones that are not on maps. But the one after the laundry machine isnt on any maps. the one in forensics is on the map, you just cannot get it when you have the map

And there is no collectibles in the RDV missions.

Edited by trasdeno

I'm having the same exact problem. I always end up like 1000+ short of being able to buy every upgrade. I'm wondering if you have to sit and farm EVERY fire extinguisher in the game to get enough (But I think it only lets you get about 1-200 chips per each one anyway). I'm fighting every enemy and I'm pretty sure that I've found every box, and chip, etc. It seems impossible so far. I'm on my second playthrough so I'll see how I end up this time. I did find a couple of places that I missed on my first playthrough. If I don't get it, I'm going to try to go to a previous save and try the fire extinguisher method. Another problem is you have to find every freaking disk again to be able to buy every upgrade. That and sometimes you get ammo instead of money when opening boxes. I also tried not upgrading weapons until later levels, hoping that it would increase my changes of getting cash form the boxes, but so far it hasn't really seemed to help...

Edited by robg69

There is no farming needed in this game at all.

Just grab all the chips (explore) that's you can possibly get & don't buy any maps, ammo or health & I guarantee that you will have some chips left over after getting all the upgrades.

;) i think guarantee is a bit strong. Since I always explored with darwin and mooch, and i never had enough

There is no farming needed in this game at all.

Just grab all the chips (explore) that's you can possibly get & don't buy any maps, ammo or health & I guarantee that you will have some chips left over after getting all the upgrades.

i went through on easy and never bought anything and i ended up with over 4000 chips left...Just take your time and explore and the most important thing dont buy nothing.....

Heres a good one for getting extra points.

See green lasers? Walk through them. Destroy the turret guns and collect what they drop, when you go through a green laser it sets off an alarm which usually spawns enemies. Kill them for extra chips.

Early on theres 2 sets of green lasers/security systems that you can use for an extra 100 chips each

and I "thought" I got everything before, but I didn't because I was 4k chips shjort, but I bought maps and health alot.

Playing through again I've found a lot of areas with chips that I've missed, and other methods of getting chips I never thought of before.

Then I must be missing tons of rooms with hidden chips. Being over a 1000 bucks short is a lot considering you're usually getting 10-20 at a time. Now granted sometimes you find some 25 or 50 chips, if you're lucky, but still. And I never bought anything but the upgrades. I guess I'm rushing through too fast. God I just don't want to have to play through this thing a 3rd time! It was fun the first time, it's going ok the 2nd, but a 3rd, or God forbid a 4th, will prob drive me insane. Plus it's a long game esp. if you have to find all of the disks and all of the chips.

Edited by robg69

;) i think guarantee is a bit strong. Since I always explored with darwin and mooch, and i never had enough

To farm is to try & exploit a part o the game to increase an amount of something you need right?

Like to non-stop kill the fire extinguishers or something?

I never did that & I have the plat for the game already.

Like primebeaver said just don't buy anything else.

So... yeah I do guarantee that you're not required to farm for chips to get Master Agent.

If you still don't have enough, you aren't exploring good enough.

Edited by xYx1999

Serious Question

I'm only 1 trophy (Master Agent) from Platinum, and maybe i dont fully understand what i need to do to acheive it.

Can someone who has completed this trophy please tell me EXACTLY WHAT IS NECESSARY?

What counts towards the trophy and what doesn't, ie: health upgrades, ammo capacity upgrades, or just the actual weapon upgrades?

Im so CONFUSED, i've played thru (5) times, rented the game twice, and now i have to return it w/o the Platty...FML

Serious Question

I'm only 1 trophy (Master Agent) from Platinum, and maybe i dont fully understand what i need to do to acheive it.

Can someone who has completed this trophy please tell me EXACTLY WHAT IS NECESSARY?

What counts towards the trophy and what doesn't, ie: health upgrades, ammo capacity upgrades, or just the actual weapon upgrades?

Im so CONFUSED, i've played thru (5) times, rented the game twice, and now i have to return it w/o the Platty...FML

You only need to purchase the actual weapon upgrades, but to do that, you need to find all 50 disks (which I assume you already have). You're gunna have to find all 50 disks again and make sure you search every possible area to get enough chips to buy all the upgrades. Do not buy anything health, ammo, maps, or ammo capacity upgrades. Only buy the weapon upgrades.

You only need to purchase the actual weapon upgrades, but to do that, you need to find all 50 disks (which I assume you already have). You're gunna have to find all 50 disks again and make sure you search every possible area to get enough chips to buy all the upgrades. Do not buy anything health, ammo, maps, or ammo capacity upgrades. Only buy the weapon upgrades.

I believe u r wrong u need to buy all upgrades otherwise all these people would not be coming up short with chips....i got the platinum and im pretty sure u gotta buy all of them......the trophy says......fully upgraded charachter with all possible weapons and upgrades....so i think they mean all upgrades health and mooches included....at least im pretty sure of it....

I believe u r wrong u need to buy all upgrades otherwise all these people would not be coming up short with chips....i got the platinum and im pretty sure u gotta buy all of them......the trophy says......fully upgraded charachter with all possible weapons and upgrades....so i think they mean all upgrades health and mooches included....at least im pretty sure of it....

You're right. Just getting all the weapon upgrades is for Tooled-Up Agent right? Dunno what I was thinking...ignore me. Although I didn't know you had to buy the Mooch and health upgrades...

That is the right thing to do as I also have the plat for this game.

got the plat

had over 6k chips left over because i did not buy health or ammo

I did buy maps and silver disc location

But I also farmed points in key points(fire hydrants mostly)

Theres also an area where your overloading the reactor, after you flip all switches you have to blow some cooling pods or something on the reactor, ignore the pods as you get a nonstop wave of flying radios. Fly/hover across to a small tunnel area, wait for them to follow, kill and repeat.

they never stop spawning, you can easily kill them with your whip, 40 chips really fast, you can kill 2 to 4 waves in less than a minute.

Game doesnt require farming, but if you want ot prevent playing it 8 times like some people have, just farm there.