Good News/Q&A About Group Hug

poetic_justice_

Wow. Insomniac designed a trophy that works exactly as the trophy description states. Instead of expecting us to bend over backwards for them, they bent over backwards for us, coding the trophy to work whether we play co-op online or offline, whole missions at a time or only partial missions. Whether you run through Fuse in one massive gaming session or break it up over several days, whether you play the missions in chronological order or mix and match in random sequence, the trophy unlocks. After having a frustrating run with glitched trophies (Rockstar's RDR DLC, EA's BFBC, Crysis 2, EA's Mercenaries 2, etc.), it is so nice to have a trophy that could have been very complicated work out very smoothly. Hats off to Insomniac for getting Group Hug right!

Q. If I play Fuse with a mix of online co-op gameplay and splitscreen, will the trophy Group Hug unlock?

A. Yes. For example, you can play mission 1 online in co-op, mission 2 in splitscreen, and missions 3-6 in online and Group Hug will unlock.

Q. Oh no! The servers dropped my online partner and booted me from the the game! Do I have to start the entire mission over again for it to count towards Group Hug?

A. No. Group Hug saves checkpoint by checkpoint, not mission by mission.

Q. So if I invite my friend back and we restart from the place where it dropped us, we can continue the level and keep our progress?

A. That is correct. Fuse will take you back to the most recent checkpoint, and then you can progress from there. Your previous progress (before being dropped) will still count towards Group Hug.

Q. Can I play the missions out of order and still have the trophy unlock?

A. Yes, missions can be played out of order in co-op and still unlock.

Q. Is there anyway to check which missions and checkpoints in the mission I've already completed in co-op?

A. None that I know of.

Q. What if I really mess up the order: will the checkpoint saves still count? For example, say I drop into an online co-op game and play the second of mission 2 through mission 4. Then the host drops, and I jump online to play mission 6 with a friend. If I go back to the start of mission 2, do I have to play the whole mission again in co-op, or just the first half that I missed?

A. You just have to play the parts you missed. Insomniac Studios has the game save checkpoint by checkpoint, so just play the checkpoints in that you missed.

• 5 months later...