Question on split-screen co-op in regards to trophies...

snake2410

Does anyone know if the second player will be able to get the trophies for completely leveling up a character, fully upgrading a characters skill tree, unlocking 16 perks, fully leveling 16 perks and for getting all intel after doing it all in split-screen as the second player then going onto their own profile afterwords?

Like how in LBP some of the trophies you got would pop in your own profile once you loaded it up, after doing them as the 2nd player in a split-screen game.

• 5 weeks later...

Thought I'd update in case someone else has this question.

When it comes to missions:

You just have to play one checkpoint in each mission either in single player or as player 1,on the account you're going for it on, in splitscreen in order for the trophy for that mission to pop, and the trophy for normal will also pop(probably lethal too, will find out when I get to that point) after that first checkpoint is replayed.

Max Level:

You just have to kill something or gain any amount of XP (as the character you're going for the trophy with) in a single player game or as player one on the account you're going for it on and the trophy will pop.

All Upgrades for a Character:

You just have to enter the skillpoint menu (for the character you're going for the trophy with) as single/first player on the account you're going for it on and the trophy will pop, as long as you've already used the last skillpoint as the second player in splitscreen.

Perks:

Probably works the same as Upgrades, I think that's been confirmed through the credit glitch but haven't got that far yet (will update when I'm there)

Echelon:

Probably much like the story where you have to finish one with 5 stars (possibly just have to finish, I just did them all as player 1 online (no splitscreen) so maybe someone else can confirm)

Intel:

I'm betting its like skill points and you just have to enter the intel menu as player one on the account you're going for it on for it to pop (will find out soon).

Misc trophies you just have to redo the requirements to get.

Hope this helps someone else in my situation.

Edited by snake2410

• 1 month later...

Yeah I think the co-op game sucks because the co-op partner will not get any trophies while we are playing. Very strange!

For example while playing Halo co-op on Xbox, both players will get the achievements.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah I think the co-op game sucks because the co-op partner will not get any trophies while we are playing. Very strange!

For example while playing Halo co-op on Xbox, both players will get the achievements.

Its because PSN wasn't set up to allow this originally, it wasn't even set up to allow two profiles to be logged on at the same time when it was first launched. (this is why when you play splitscreen with two psn profiles only the profile you're currently on will show as being online)

Sony patched it as well as they could shortly after Resistance 2 and Little Big Planet came out for games like them to utilize but didn't have it designed in a way that they could make it like Live. This is also why trophies don't pop for both players, it wasn't set up that way and it would've been too difficult to patch it in a way that it would work properly for all games.

Going onto the other profile was the only way they could make it work in any capacity. Also Sony has a policy against certain trophies being achieved in splitscreen and they won't change it. This is why games like R2/R3, LBP, and Fuse can't just pop certain trophies when you log into the second player profile. Some they've allowed, like upgrading types of trophies for R2/R3 and Fuse, and some of the score and collectable trophies for LBP, but when it comes to level progress they haven't allowed it. (There are other games where upgrading/collectable trophies work similar but these are some of the better examples)

Maybe this will change for the PS4 but PS3 I doubt it, since it would take too much work to redo PSN functionality on the PS3 (and from a tech perspective might not even be possible). PS4 functionality might be more adaptable for multiple profiles logged on at once.

Edited by snake2410