Rate the trophy difficulty...  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_45.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 4.36

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Darth_Krid

Maybe it's my experience of playing over 100 hours each on the ME3 co-op or Uncharted 2/3's co-op arena, but I found the game fairly easy. People complain about the A.I. but I barely had any issues. I played normal mode solo and hard on co-op, and I have to say, I died more times playing with humans than I did the A.I. For Lethal I played solo. Thanks to all of my characters already being fully leveled up and setting the right team perks. lethal mode was a breeze. I died less than 10 times and it was rarely because of my A.I. companions. I'd recommend switching between Naya or Dalton on lethal and using Jacob or Izzy when you need to use their sniper weapon to reach enemies far away. Watch out of the spec-ops and infiltrators. Unlike the other modes, you can't fight back pressing :cross: to break free on lethal mode. Those bastards and carrying the fuse beacon are what got me or the A.I. killed the most.

Overall, for me it's somewhere between a 3 or 4. I'd rank it higher but for games that have A.I. buddies, it doesn't come close to being as hard as Spec Ops The Line or Socom 4. It really seems like everyone's experience will be different. I found the A.I. competent most of the time and regular humans players crappy as hell, while others may have the opposite experience. If you play Echelon online, watch out for the shitty Izzy and Dalton players. They'll fail your mission early on. It seems like the majority I play with never throw down med beacons, nor do they bother to use the mag shield to protect the fuse zones.

• 2 weeks later...

I found the A.I. competent most of the time and regular humans players crappy as hell, while others may have the opposite experience. If you play Echelon online, watch out for the shitty Izzy and Dalton players. They'll fail your mission early on. It seems like the majority I play with never throw down med beacons, nor do they bother to use the mag shield to protect the fuse zones.

I voted a 4, Echelon took some grinding. I agree with fancyfox, Echelon can really depend on the type of human player you have. I eventually teamed up with a strong player and the two of us smashed through the levels, but so many others never seemed to have a good grasp of the importance of each character, especially weak Dalton players, who in my opinion is the most important for success due to the hard Fuse Reactor defend waves.

I did Lethal on single by myself, no problems there at all. I think the multiplayer is about as hard as ME3 multiplayer.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Voted a 4, but it wasn't really hard. My wife and I platinumed together so I had a co op player the whole time. Echelon there were a few bad players but most where pretty great. Campaign on Lethal had a few spots that were somewhat tough, but with different tactics they were done quick, we never died more then twice outside of one part where the game seemed like it might have glitched (A Spec Ops grabbed Dalton and I killed it before the bar ran out but Dalton still died from it, and that was our third and final death in the section). The last boss we died only once because of its laser spaz in its third phase, nothing too bad. Truly underrated game in my opinion.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

My experience has been quite different than those listed here. I would not give this game anything less than a 6, mostly because the last boss battle on Hard dunks the game face first into the toilet. The AI is constantly getting slaughtered, and then when he is on his last bit of health, the boss starts pulling these death slap combos that annihilate everyone. Instead of (death ray, death ray, pause) or (death ray, missile strike, pause), he does (death ray, super flaming multiple missile strike, death ray, no pause, shoot something else). It's annoying. You're constantly running out of ammo, at least on Solo, because you're the only one doing any work. The AI loses 50 IQ points, runs around in circles doing zero damage to the boss, and begins pulling stupid stunts like:

Running to revive the same ally you're already reviving, even though there's another ally down 15m away who is about to bleed out.

Ignoring an ally (or you) right beside them who is bleeding out. Instead, they stand upright, motionless, and continue to fire.

Hanging on the edge of the railing instead of hopping over the railing to revive you.

Running right by you instead of reviving you.

Standing up when it's obvious the Enforcer is about to do his AOE death-rays and they need to be behind cover.

Staying in a position when that position is clearly marked for a missile strike by red vertical lines.

You basically have to beat the boss single-handed. The only useful thing the AI does is revive you, and that is sporadic, so don't go down. The rest of the game is pretty straightforward, but the red Enforcer boss on the space station is a tasteless joke. Your allies lose their brains, and the boss constantly deals the death card like a blackjack dealer in Vegas. No way is it a 3/10 or 4/10 on Hard solo. No way.

EDIT: When I finally beat the boss, I found the game had changed my difficulty setting off Hard to Easy. Now I have to redo it again in order to unlock Lethal.

Edited by poetic_justice_

• 5 months later...

3/10

Fairly easy game, with the last level being the most challenging - especially if playing with AI teammates who can be infuriating at times.

Found last level on lethal much easier with a co-op partner (managed to defeat boss at first time of asking) than when playing solo on hard difficulty!

Other main challenge was the four-player stealth takedown.

As someone who doesn't have 2 controllers, spent the majority of time trying to find 3 other people online at the same time as me.

Overall, an enjoyable game, despite the awful co-op AI...

• 2 weeks later...

I gave it a 7. While it was easy on the story mode and maxing out the characters was simple, nowadays it's just really hard finding people to play it with. Five starring every mission in MP was the hardest for me. Luckily I found some people willing to help me. The rest is a cake walk mostly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

voted a 5. It's not to hard at all. Echelon would be the "hardest" and, honestly, the only hard part is finding people to play with you unless you decide to boost it of course.

Echelon is actually a fun mode. If it was more populated I would pop on from time to time and play it even though I have the platinum.

This game had some really fun co-op.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would say 6 because of some echelon maps. Other than that, all the rest is a 4 if you coop with human partners, which has been my experience so far. Holding my vote until the platinum pops.

EDIT: I would say it is a 8 with crappy human partners as most randoms are, but a 4 with a competent team like I had thrice. I believe it would be safe to vote since I just need the last chapter on lethal at this point and the same chapter intels, but still holding my vote until the platinum pops.

Edited by yuri03042

• 1 month later...

I Gave 4.

Nothing too hard, but a lot of "little hard", for example

- Complete all missions on lethal. (well this isnt as hard as you might think)

- Get 5 Stars on all Echelon maps with 2+ players. (with a little practice, you will nail it, you can go down and still achieve 5 stars, it is only about time)

- Stealth takedown 4 enemies at once in a four player co-op game. (i can be hard to get 4 friends online, but once you do, this isnt hard ...if one of you has a mic...)

- Collect every piece of Intel in the game. (with a guide, there's nothing hard on this, except the game doesnt show in which mission you miss an intel)

- Fully upgrade 16 perks in the Team Perks menu. (This one really isnt hard, just time consuming)

It is a fun game, and totally should be played with 4 players ALL the time. Makes it easier too.

• 1 month later...

I gave a 3.

Campaign was the easy part. But when I went through it on hard, for some reason the difficulty was changed on the last boss. Slightly frustrating. Nothing too bad though.

The biggest problem I had was finding people to play echelon with. I was either with a friend who just kept on dying by running head on into danger with Naya or with randoms but never enough of them. Somehow I got lucky enough to finish the echelon with all the trophies and it was a great group.

If I have 3 friends, who played this game and loved it as much as me, this plat would have been a 1.

• 1 month later...

Give it a 3. I played this from start to finish with my friends so I don't know the issues people had with the AI but overall it wasn't a hard game just very repetitive after a certain point since it doesn't change much other then the number of enemies you face. Echelon isn't too bad as long as everyone knows there roles as you can easily destroy everything with a good Naya. Overall a okay game coop wise.

• 4 months later...

i wonder... if it's THAT easy why only 8% of the people that played it have obtained the platinum? (psnprofiles)

when trying to get 5 stars on echelon it all comes down to 1. LUCK & 2. how good your partner is

that said people should stop being like "i m a high & mighty trophy hunter so i ll rate it like 2-3 less than it actually felt so others won't think i m not that good & it gave more trouble really..." :p

echelon is a f*ing pain & i have yet to earn 5 stars on all 6 maps...

(the best i got was 26 minutes at the tram station)

so i ll be rating after i m done but it sure won't be any less than 6

cheers

edit: 6 it is

like i said it all comes down to luck & how good your team is

getting another human player in made a huge difference but it was

still not THAT easy to get 5 stars on every map

Edited by ShinYagami13

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...